Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have about 100 snes and 100 nes games on my snes mini. Do I need to separate them by the lettered folders as suggested in this thread or can I just put em all at the 'root' level under the corresponding console folder? I'm just not sure if the suggested 60 games per folder applies to any/all folders or to individual folders under each console folder. Hope this makes sense..sorry.
Don't put so many files at the same level. Divide your games by at least 3 folders per console. Use search option in this thread with "folder limit".

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Fed up of having to delete everything to keep adding new stuff. I can' get my head around adding new stuff everytime as the folders seem to conflint. How long do you think it will be before you can just keep stuff like the original Hatchi but using USB storage.

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fed up of having to delete everything to keep adding new stuff. I can' get my head around adding new stuff everytime as the folders seem to conflint. How long do you think it will be before you can just keep stuff like the original Hatchi but using USB storage.
Just let hakchi write to an empty folder which should be fast enough on the HDD, then copy only the new directories to the stick.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

There already is. (You only have to delete the .desktop files)

Last edited by Advokaten,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question, so I got RetroArch and Snes9x (RA version 1.0) working fine, but, is there any way to remove those 4:3 borders at all when using the RetroArch module, or am I stuck with it without any way of forcing stretching? Thanks :P I really want the screen to stretch to the edges, I'm not a purist for 1:1 pixels at all.

And can I use the --retroarch string along with --noscanlines?

@PPlays @KMFDManic

Edit: And yes, I tried to adjust the aspect ratio, all it did was adjust it within the boarders, and had no impact on the 4:3 overlay.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob question, so I got RetroArch and Snes9x (RA version 1.0) working fine, but, is there any way to remove those 4:3 borders at all when using the RetroArch module, or am I stuck with it without any way of forcing stretching? Thanks :P I really want the screen to stretch to the edges, I'm not a purist for 1:1 pixels at all.

And can I use the --retroarch string along with --noscanlines?

@PPlays @KMFDManic

Edit: And yes, I tried to adjust the aspect ratio, all it did was adjust it within the boarders, and had no impact on the 4:3 overlay.

You can choose the aspect ration in retroarch option, you can put it 16:9 for these games, you can't in canoe but retroarch can, you can put it in MANY apect ratio...

BTW Noob question of my own, since today on my NES Classic I used the following to play:

-Nes30 controller
-Retro Receiver (NES)
-Hyperkin NES/NESC converter

The NES retro receiver's firmware maps A and B to B and Y so it's better suited to human hands.

I just got a Retro Receiver Classic for the NES mini, updated it from 1.03 to 1.08 (big mistake) and it maps ABXY to the proper buttons (most likely to accomodate SNES Classic). I tried reflashing the 1.05 firmware but it still uses the same mapping... HELP! what firmware should I use?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can choose the aspect ration in retroarch option, you can put it 16:9 for these games, you can't in canoe but retroarch can, you can put it in MANY apect ratio...

BTW Noob question of my own, since today on my NES Classic I used the following to play:

-Nes30 controller
-Retro Receiver (NES)
-Hyperkin NES/NESC converter

The NES retro receiver's firmware maps A and B to B and Y so it's better suited to human hands.

I just got a Retro Receiver Classic for the NES mini, updated it from 1.03 to 1.08 (big mistake) and it maps ABXY to the proper buttons (most likely to accomodate SNES Classic). I tried reflashing the 1.05 firmware but it still uses the same mapping... HELP! what firmware should I use?

I don't think I explained it well. See, when I load the game with the --retroarch command, like Earthworm Jim 2, it plays properly with the sound fix and all that, as it uses Snes9x BUT. even if I change the aspect ratio, it doesn't "change" it. There are still the borders in use that Canoe uses, I don't know what I did wrong. Does that make sense? I can bring up RetroArch's menu, so I know it's loading the game, but changing the aspect ratio doesn't truly change the ratio, only within the boarder in use. I'm going to record a video later to show what I mean, but as for changing it, it doesn't really stretch it out as it should. Why does it still show the Canoe border, despite loading RetroArch? That shouldn't be happening.

Imagine this https://icdn5.digitaltrends.com/image/snesclassicborderwoodtv-640x360-c.jpg but with RetroArch running, and no amount of adjusting the aspect gets past that 4:3 restriction. I don't see how it's possible when it clearly doesn't stretch all the way past them.

Something's definitely screwed up on my end, but I know I'm using RetroArch, I just can't force the screen to stretch past the borders that still show up for some reason.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I explained it well. See, when I load the game with the --retroarch command, like Earthworm Jim 2, it plays properly with the sound fix and all that, as it uses Snes9x BUT. even if I change the aspect ratio, it doesn't "change" it. There are still the borders in use that Canoe uses, I don't know what I did wrong. Does that make sense? I can bring up RetroArch's menu, so I know it's loading the game, but changing the aspect ratio doesn't truly change the ratio, only within the boarder in use. I'm going to record a video later to show what I mean, but as for changing it, it doesn't really stretch it out as it should. Why does it still show the Canoe border, despite loading RetroArch? That shouldn't be happening.

Imagine this https://icdn5.digitaltrends.com/image/snesclassicborderwoodtv-640x360-c.jpg but with RetroArch running, and no amount of adjusting the aspect gets past that 4:3 restriction. I don't see how it's possible when it clearly doesn't stretch all the way past them.

Something's definitely screwed up on my end, but I know I'm using RetroArch, I just can't force the screen to stretch past the borders that still show up for some reason.

Weird, I can't see what's doing this, do you have any border hmods?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I can't see what's doing this, do you have any border hmods?

No, am I supposed to have a border hmod installed? I literally can't use RetroArch on the Snes classic without the Canoe one being there still, for some lame reason and it's really starting to piss me off :hateit:

There is literally no reason this should be happening, but it is. There was no indication of any commands or other mods I should use to remove that stupid border, but here we are. I may as well just give up since clearly, I can't figure this out. Is this not how a command should look?

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-KLSAO/Kirby_s_Dream_Land_3_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

And yet that damn Canoe border doesn't let me use RetroArch's aspect ratio settings, so yeah, what a bust.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, am I supposed to have a border hmod installed? I literally can't use RetroArch on the Snes classic without the Canoe one being there still, for some lame reason and it's really starting to piss me off :hateit:

There is literally no reason this should be happening, but it is. There was no indication of any commands or other mods I should use to remove that stupid border, but here we are. I may as well just give up since clearly, I can't figure this out. Is this not how a command should look?

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-KLSAO/Kirby_s_Dream_Land_3_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

And yet that damn Canoe border doesn't let me use RetroArch's aspect ratio settings, so yeah, what a bust.

No, I would have suspected it as the culprit. Normally Retroarch doesn't keep the canoe borders...

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I would have suspected it as the culprit. Normally Retroarch doesn't keep the canoe borders...

Well it did, am I supposed to use the -snes9x command or -retroarch command? I'm using version 1.0, maybe I should use 0.8 or 0.7 instead since something is screwed up. *Sigh* I give up because it's
clearly not worth my time and I'll never be able to figure this out. :( I'm done trying, it's proving to be a pain.

What the hell am I doing wrong?!

Using this video here

Maybe it's a bad tutorial. Or maybe I'm not supposed to have my RA games in the same folder as the SnesC games. I'm always the one with the only issues, and no one else does, it always happens. UGH.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it did, am I supposed to use the -snes9x command or -retroarch command? I'm using version 1.0, maybe I should use 0.8 or 0.7 instead since something is screwed up. *Sigh* I give up because it's
clearly not worth my time and I'll never be able to figure this out. :( I'm done trying, it's proving to be a pain.

What the hell am I doing wrong?!

Using this video here

Maybe it's a bad tutorial. Or maybe I'm not supposed to have my RA games in the same folder as the SnesC games.

something just occufred to me, when using hakchi and adding and incompatible game it should automatically be assigned to retroarch... no command line edit whatsoever here is my command for actraiser 2

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-WEBRY/ActRaiser_2.sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

the command line you posted should be fine...

Last edited by The Frenchman,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something just occufred to me, when using hakchi and adding and incompatible game it should automatically be assigned to retroarch... no command line edit whatsoever here is my command for actraiser 2

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-WEBRY/ActRaiser_2.sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

the command line you posted should be fine...

Yes, and that's exactly what I did, the same command line as you, and still, I can't get rid of the effing borders, why? I don't know, and sadly, I don't think I'll ever get this fixed. :sad::angry:

*Throws arms up in defeat* I'm done, I'm so done. No one will be able to ever resolve this, much less provide things and settings to try. For the record I'm using Haxchi 2.21b (power consumption fix), and RetroArch Clover 1.0 on ClusterM's GitHub.
So yeah, I'm screwed, I'll never be able to do it. :nayps3:

Edit: Again, RA does load, because I can bring up the menu, but the damn Canoe borders are somehow loading along with RA, maybe because I didn't make a separate folder for the RA games? Am I supposed to or can I have both Canoe and RA games in the same place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo