Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NESCE filters? We don't need no steenkin' filters...

Upon a user's request, I created the following NESCE/kachikachi-specific hmods:

http://www.rendezvo.us/nes/nes_no_ntsc_filter.hmod will remove the NTSC 'wobble' from kachikachi but still display scanlines

http://www.rendezvo.us/nes/nes_crt_no_scanlines.hmod will do the opposite, removing scanlines from kachikachi but keeping NTSC 'wobble'

Both have been tested and cleanly uninstall (but are obviously mutually exclusive!) without interfering with Retroarch if it is installed.

Enjoy!

tyjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@tyjay

That the folder is empty is just not normal behaviour. Try a different version.
And don't write to usb directly, it might be too slow.
Also, I think you need clovercon-usb hmod, too for the c3 and c7 errors. And no special characters in the filenames.

Thanks got it sorted ( well nearly)
Tried a newer version of dtm hakchi and it works when saving to the hd and USB drive
I think the c3/c7 is from the memory card I was using via an adapter tried a smaller 1 gig drive as a test and it works so just need to sort a new USB drive that will work :)

I now need to sort out why I get c8 error when I leave it running? After maybe 5-15 mins it doesn't do it when I shut down the console though haha

And I tried converting pce cd last night but chdman goes through the full process then errors at 100%
If I try again it won't work and instantly errors that's one to sort on a later day

I'll try reinstalling the clovercon hmod again though

Thanks

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have to delete the usb stick games content everytime you add a game for it to show up in the hatchi list?

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Love the hakchi2_USB_Edition by DanTheMan827!!! It's. Awesome.

No more deleting/moving 100gigs+ of hakchi/games every time I want to add a new game, plus I save a ton of space on my PC! (You still have to delete hakchi/games content, but as there's just .desktop files in this folder, hakchi2 syncs are incredibly fast.)

Last edited by Advokaten,

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you have to delete the usb stick games content everytime you add a game for it to show up in the hatchi list?

You have to clear the USB:/hakchi/games content every time you want to add a new game, otherwise you will get an "error" stating The folder isn't empty.
To save you time: Use DantheMan827's custom hakchi2.21f USB Edition build. ^

Last edited by Advokaten,

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NESCE filters? We don't need no steenkin' filters...

Upon a user's request, I created the following NESCE/kachikachi-specific hmods:

http://www.rendezvo.us/nes/nes_no_ntsc_filter.hmod will remove the NTSC 'wobble' from kachikachi but still display scanlines

http://www.rendezvo.us/nes/nes_crt_no_scanlines.hmod will do the opposite, removing scanlines from kachikachi but keeping NTSC 'wobble'

Both have been tested and cleanly uninstall (but are obviously mutually exclusive!) without interfering with Retroarch if it is installed.

Enjoy!
You are great!
I used "no ntsc filter" for remove NTSC wobble and it's work, now crt filter with scanlines is perfect.
A question: there is a way to have bilinear filter with native emulator?

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In almost every instance where people with USB-HOST have trouble loading games, it tends to be either incorrect desktop files, improper file names, incorrect internal file names, and a few other odd reasons. Any games you have trouble running, post a few command lines for them, so I can see what you are working with. I tested the ones you mentioned, and they all work for me.
Something had happened to the files when I copied them over from my 2.21d build to 2.21f. I still had a backup of my 2.14 build, and I copied over the ROMs from there, and they all load fine now. I can see nothing wrong with the malfunctioning ROMs as they should be 1:1 copies, but since it all works now, I'm gonna count my blessings and move on. Thanks.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to clear the USB:/hakchi/games content every time you want to add a new game, otherwise you will get an "error" stating The folder isn't empty.
To save you time: Use DantheMan827's custom hakchi2.21f USB Edition build. ^

The video doesnt show them adding "more" games to the usb....

So I have over 1000 games already USB +Working+ now I want to add some more. How can I add more without erasing my 75gb of USB data and start all over?

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I have over 1000 games already USB +Working+ now I want to add some more. How can I add more without erasing my 75gb of USB data and start all over?
Add them by hand! I had the same problem. Look at the folder structure and try to understand how it works. At the beginning this might be a lite confusing but it is very easy to understand how the folders works.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The video doesnt show them adding "more" games to the usb....

First, download the custom USB Edition hakchi2 build and extract it on your flash drive/HDD you use for the SNESC, to a folder of your choosing.
I named the folder "hakchi2_USB_EDITION". My path is: G:/hakchi2_USB_EDITION

Steps in description. Hope this helps.

Byonder101

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_km_px68k_11_23_17.hmod
Controllers are working fine on Sharp x68000 games when this is mod is installed on my NES classic but I cant get controllers to work when installed on my SNES classic.

Reactions: artemus3

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Almost 2 weeks ago i somehow reset my whole TV, it is working again, so i really think it had to do with the mini SNES.
But you were using the USB of your TV to power your SNES right? If I were you I would just use a regular power adapter to power your SNES. If I am not mistaken any phone adapter 5v. 1000ma should work, you are probably already doing this.

Last edited by jelmer,

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility of getting a different doom hmod to work for SNES classic? Prboom is okay but doesn't work for Heretic, Hexen, or ROTT. I loved playing each of these games and they are based on the doom engine, but none work with prboom. Thanks

spyder918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 100 snes and 100 nes games on my snes mini. Do I need to separate them by the lettered folders as suggested in this thread or can I just put em all at the 'root' level under the corresponding console folder? I'm just not sure if the suggested 60 games per folder applies to any/all folders or to individual folders under each console folder. Hope this makes sense..sorry.

Last edited by spyder918,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this is a little off topic, but what does everyone think about the Super Retrocade from Retro-bit ? It looks like it has usb connections for the controllers. If so, are there any good six button controllers that will allow you to play arcade games ? I'm talking about actual 6 button controllers, with two rows of at least 3 buttons like the controls of an arcade machine.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched a video of someone hacking the SNES classic...and they were able to add Earthworm Jim 2. The version of Hakchi in the video was 2.20. I have 2.21f. Why would one version let you add Earthworm Jim 2 but not the latest version ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for so many questions. Just one more. What is the best SNES hmod is the best one to use in retroarch ?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm SO ordering that SD breakout board!

I made a quick guide for soldering the breakout board following Skogaby's tutorial on Reddit.

View attachment 108155

As I'm just diving in the extended memory mods, when the guide says to add games to X folders, do I put in the rom or the folders which hakchi turns the rom into? (those "CLV-H-AKBHR" folders) Thanks!

Oh and after all this is installed and I want to add games, I use the hakchi2 supplied in the guide right? Skogaby's mod? For more info, where are the saves stored so I can back everything up to the SD card?
and now there is no need for this expensive breakout ^^
but some days to late for you.

it need only a normal breakout board likle this
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Micro-SD-Ka...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

my Micro SD Mod

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sry it is a bit late but thats the desktop file from one of my n64 games and works with both cores.

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Exec=/bin/n64 /usr/share/games/CLV-6-JAUTV/Conker_s_Bad_Fur_Day.n64
Path=/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/CLV-6-JAUTV
Name=Conker's Bad Fur Day
Icon=/usr/share/games/CLV-6-JAUTV/CLV-6-JAUTV.png

[X-CLOVER Game]
Code=CLV-6-JAUTV
TestID=777
ID=0
Players=1