Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

marcushg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KMFDManic it's such a great work to go on with the modules for our minis!!!! i'd like to contact you in private for collection but don't know how to do it :rofl:

SusiSukram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
...so i'm using the vice core for c64, right? But what kind of roms do i use with it? I downloaded some giana Sisters Versions and added the .g64 file and another version with a .d64 file. But when i load the games on the nes nothing happens...

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...so i'm using the vice core for c64, right? But what kind of roms do i use with it? I downloaded some giana Sisters Versions and added the .g64 file and another version with a .d64 file. But when i load the games on the nes nothing happens...

If you read back through the last page or two, you will see the best working formats to use. But, you need to make sure you command line from /bin/extension-type TO /bin/c64 as well as have RetroArch HMOD installed. CRT has worked best for me, thus far, as the real disks took forever to load.

SusiSukram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you read back through the last page or two, you will see the best working formats to use. But, you need to make sure you command line from /bin/extension-type TO /bin/c64 as well as have RetroArch HMOD installed. CRT has worked best for me, thus far, as the real disks took forever to load.
Thanks, now it works. My fault was that I didn't' change the command lines. Now i just can't get past the intro screen on most games since i only have a nes controller... I know i can change the Controls in Retroarch but i can't find the space or return bar within the control menu to put it on select or start on my controller.

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if they fixed the issue with Kirby's Dream Land 3 where it lags, whenever you enter a room with the animal buddies? All the other SNES ROMs work flawlessly but that one.

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a long time reader, I must thank Cluster and all the others for developing this.
KMFDManic - thanks for your continued improvements and videos explaining it all.

I have lots of multi-emulator boxes so I am trying to keep my NES Mini just NES, but it is soooo sooo tempting to put lots of systems on. It is such a small box to take to friends or on a work trip etc. Carting an Original XBOX with CoinOps about is far too heavy (and loud :) ).

Looking forward to the SNES Mini, hopefully the hardware will be upgraded, not just an overclock of the NES Mini.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if they fixed the issue with Kirby's Dream Land 3 where it lags, whenever you enter a room with the animal buddies? All the other SNES ROMs work flawlessly but that one.

You can try running it with 2010 with RetroArch Settings, Options, FX Overclock Option on, or run it via 2005. 2005 is less accurate emulation, hence faster speed in some instances. This also affects music in Lucasarts Games, like Star Wars. Sound is better in 2010 than in 2005. So, basically, you have pluses and minuses. Myself, I run everything via 2010, using FX Overclock where necessary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After a long time reader, I must thank Cluster and all the others for developing this.
KMFDManic - thanks for your continued improvements and videos explaining it all.

I have lots of multi-emulator boxes so I am trying to keep my NES Mini just NES, but it is soooo sooo tempting to put lots of systems on. It is such a small box to take to friends or on a work trip etc. Carting an Original XBOX with CoinOps about is far too heavy (and loud :) ).

Looking forward to the SNES Mini, hopefully the hardware will be upgraded, not just an overclock of the NES Mini.

There are very nice cases for it, making it super easy to transport to friends' houses. Here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/RDS-Industri...d=1501056916&sr=8-3&keywords=nes+classic+case

I wouldn't even hesitate to take it to a friend's house, because there is simply so much to show off and have fun with!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Crt and t64 seem to run the best and fastest for me. I found a turrican crt so I'm happy with that. :)

Now I just need to wait until 'Sam's journey' is released!

Last edited by MrTea,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you play on NESCE at Metal Slug X? It does not work for me.

Metal Slug X runs fine. You are probably using an incorrect rom set, or not using the proper bios. I got Metal Slug 1, 2, 3, and X running fine. I haven't really toyed around with 4, 5, and 6 yet. But, the first 4 run well. I run these through MAME 2003 with the Bios Module I posted.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL version console here
we cannot get it into FEL mode to dump the kernel
Are there any tricks for the PAL versions or do you have any suggestions as to what could be going on.
I've done a bunch using the same setup same wire same laptop same everything. Just this console won't go into FEL any help would be much appreciated

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL version console here
we cannot get it into FEL mode to dump the kernel
Are there any tricks for the PAL versions or do you have any suggestions as to what could be going on.
I've done a bunch using the same setup same wire same laptop same everything. Just this console won't go into FEL any help would be much appreciated

Drivers are having a conflict when installing. What is your operating system?

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drivers are having a conflict when installing. What is your operating system?

windows 7
ive done many consoles on this setup just the PAL one will not work
i cant even get it ino FEL to reinstall the driver
i hold reset, power on, hold reset for upto 1 minute and nothing, i release reset and the console just turns on with a red led

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope! Mine is processing as it should be. Those are false rumors. They just want people to stop calling. Some have been cancelled yes. Not surprised since the site crashed.

Unfortunately, Walmart was likely never supposed to do any preorders at all. Nintendo seems to not want anyone doing preorders, just like last year. It was probably not even a technical glitch. More likely, a representative of the Big N contacted Walmart Corporate and now people got screwed over. I truly hope these are gossip spread rumors, and you get one. Have a back up plan, just in case. Ground Zero is where it is at. My system is already secured on day 1. But, it was not an easy task to pull off. I will gladly help anyone get theirs, if at all possible to. I helped a good 68+ people find the Mini NES. It required a lot of patience and perseverance. But, it was worth it to help so many out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

windows 7
ive done many consoles on this setup just the PAL one will not work
i cant even get it ino FEL to reinstall the driver
i hold reset, power on, hold reset for upto 1 minute and nothing, i release reset and the console just turns on with a red led

Did you try flashing custom kernel while having a dump already in Hakchi2 folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps