Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Some subscribers ask me about which NeoGeo games can actually be handle on mini NES with RA by pcm pack. As you can see played with NES Controller xD

7 NeoGeo Games on Mini NES Classic

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: Piklz

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a clean hakchi folder, copied the folders over but i only added the original 30 + RA see my video ;)
Alright, I've set up a completely clean hakchi folder. The only thing I've copied over from the old one was my original kernel dump. I added RetroArch by merging the games and mods folder from the RetroArch release and updated the init file in \mods\mod_transfer\hakchi\ with the latest from GitHub using Notepad++. I only have 2 games in the RetroArch roms folder, totaling 1.5 MBs. RetroArch still kicks me back to the menu without launching.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I've set up a completely clean hakchi folder. The only thing I've copied over from the old one was my original kernel dump. I added RetroArch by merging the games and mods folder from the RetroArch release and updated the init file in \mods\mod_transfer\hakchi\ with the latest from GitHub using Notepad++. I only have 2 games in the RetroArch roms folder, totaling 1.5 MBs. RetroArch still kicks me back to the menu without launching.
Which FB cores had you? Same NES games that run ok after RA? Which are the name of RA roms?

Rgs.

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're having problems with performance try the cores compiled for the Orange Pi or Banana Pi M2+ or Banana Pi M2 Ultra. They have a similar 4xCortex A7 CPU and Mali 400 MP2 GPU so they might work better than those generic builds.

The NES Classic should have no problem with Neo Geo emulation, or Gameboy Advance.

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Follow my video, it will give full support back, not all the bells and whistles but ive added a better nes emulator and it all works fine

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which FB cores had you? Same NES games that run ok after RA? Which are the name of RA roms?

Rgs.
I'm only using the 5 default cores that come with it. NES games work perfectly fine as they did before trying RetroArch. I have Super Mario World.smc (SNES) and Sonic The Hedgehog 2.md (Genesis) in the roms folder.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
So I heard people been losing save files in retroarch each time they sync games on nes mini ?

Of course. RetroArch folder gets rewritten everytime during synchronization.
If you want to keep your saves and savestates, find a directory you can write to (on NES Mini) and change directories for saves and savestates in RetroArch options. Do it at your own risk though.
Like I said, this is just a temporary solution, it's basically made of hacks to bypass Hakchi2's shortcut generation.
The main point of my pack is to keep NES Mini's NAND clean, that's why everything is contained in one game directory and gets removed every time.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully compiled fbgrab which allows to take any screenshots directly from framebuffer!

nesmini.png

So it will be easy to make RetroArch "transparently" for user. It will be working just like original emulator.

You are an absolute wizard!

Yes, I will work just like original emulator.

I'm not sure about other consoles. I'm targeting on NES now.

Excellent progress. This is very exciting. My desire would be to see this thing also run SNES and GB games in the same manner, with save states and all. I personally would keep it a Nintendo-only machine because there are controllers that can accurately mimic the original button layouts (Classic controller for NES and GB, and Wii Classic and Wii Club SFC controller for SNES). In theory I like the idea of having other system compatibility (Sega, Atari, etc.) as well, but it's not for me because I would never play Sega games with a non-Sega controller. Again, just my preference.

Reactions: ym2612

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course. RetroArch folder gets rewritten everytime during synchronization.
If you want to keep your saves and savestates, find a directory you can write to (on NES Mini) and change directories for saves and savestates in RetroArch options. Do it at your own risk though.
Like I said, this is just a temporary solution, it's basically made of hacks to bypass Hakchi2's shortcut generation.
The main point of my pack is to keep NES Mini's NAND clean, that's why everything is contained in one game directory and gets removed every time.
ah I see, guess I will keep games i have and stuff currently till your or cluster release next updates that can either allow hold more games so I can put rest of what I really want on there and never have bother doing it again or either till there update where save states are safe after sync again

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm only using the 5 default cores that come with it. NES games work perfectly fine as they did before trying RetroArch. I have Super Mario World.smc (SNES) and Sonic The Hedgehog 2.md (Genesis) in the roms folder.
From hakchi2 2.07 to 2.11... I can be a little coincidence, but did you extract hakchi2.zip with winrar? If Yes, use 7Zip.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From hakchi2 2.07 to 2.11... I can be a little coincidence, but did you extract hakchi2.zip with winrar? If Yes, use 7Zip.

Rgs.
I've used 7-zip and the default .zip extractor built in to Windows, makes no difference in my situation.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I recomend in your case use hakchi2_debug.zip and send bugreport to Cluster.
But until this, what is the size of your kernel.img?

Rgs.

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I scaned my PC for viruses but have not found anything. Can you say which file in archive is detected as malvare? Archive including many tools like upx, lzop, mkbootimg, etc. Actually my tool just executing other tools in right order.
Source code: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2
Think my NES mini is bricked. Can you help me?

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recomend in your case use hakchi2_debug.zip and send bugreport to Cluster.
But until this, what is the size of your kernel.img?

Rgs.
2760 KB is what Windows is telling me.

---

Will flashing original kernel and restoring factory defaults clear out everything relating to hakchi? I want to try starting completely fresh using 2.11, but can't use the uninstall function.

Last edited by ruyor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?