Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the Kernel Exploit was released for 5.4.0, indeed.
But there's still no way to run it (webkit exploit isn't released yet for 5.4.0)

Yes, but still, that's great news ^^. There is a webkit exploit for firmware 4.1.0 up to 5.3.2 so the current exploit is usable on those firmwares while the one for 5.4.0 isn't released yet.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's true. Can't wait for the official release of the 5.4 webkit exploit

Well I don't know why u need to wait, since you claimed that you got one tho :P, even if it's not publuc :

Finally I got the Exploit to work the Exploit on 5.4.0 (thank you!).
But now I want to know: how to use this kind of "cheats" like this in Wind Waker HD and Splatoon?
Is there a simple tutorial for it?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system is on a very old firmware. Is it still true that 5.1.0 is "even better", or should I go ahead and get a game in order to update to 5.3.2?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either are equally acceptable at this point, there's really no benefit to one over the other. You MIGHT be able to access online if you're on a firmware less than or equal to 5.1.0, though, if I understand correctly

Reactions: galneon

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I understand this correctly we can't launch back up Wii games using an external HD either correct?
So there's no way to run Wii games yet?

Also can I use the back up Nand feature to back up my Nand, Update to latest FW to play online and later
restore my old Nand backup? What are the risks of doing this? Could you brick the Wii U?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand this correctly we can't launch back up Wii games using an external HD either correct?
So there's no way to run Wii games yet?

Also can I use the back up Nand feature to back up my Nand, Update to latest FW to play online and later
restore my old Nand backup? What are the risks of doing this? Could you brick the Wii U?
What? No, you can use backup loaders in vWii to launch off of USB

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
What? No, you can use backup loaders in vWii to launch off of USB

Oh I missed the USB loader bullet point, thanks
so would it be a good idea to back up my Sysnand and update the console so i can play online?
Or is it too risky? Do you need to Hardmod to restore the Sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    slaphappygamer @ slaphappygamer: I havent played my xbox360 is a couple of years. My switch got much use the last few days. Tears...