Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really doesn't involve messing up any "danger zone" settings. You can block updates via Parental Controls.

I highly doubt that, but I'll take the bait and check my Wii U. It's not possible in the 3DS. Why would Nintendo deliberately make an option to stop their system from updating? They want it as secure as possible to stop the guys like us from doing things we shouldn't be.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, really? I've never noticed that...

I highly doubt that, but I'll take the bait and check my Wii U. It's not possible in the 3DS. Why would Nintendo deliberately make an option to stop their system from updating? They want it as secure as possible to stop the guys like us from doing things we shouldn't be.

Wow. Would've thought that people would have recognize that I was talking about blocking updates via your router's Parental Controls.

-_-

Maha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
yes and no, wads will be region locked atleast VC games i had to use freewad app to get ntsc VC games to be playable on vwii on my pal wiiu.

Thank you for your helpful reply ... Since it's a yes and no situation is there any risk in trying to instal ntsc wads?

What about ntsc-u wads , are these suposed to work for both?
If anyone has an idea i apriciate it

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your helpful reply ... Since it's a yes and no situation is there any risk in trying to instal ntsc wads?

What about ntsc-u wads , are these suposed to work for both?
If anyone has an idea i apriciate it
youc an isntall them just fine but when you try to run them they will say error not same region and retun to the menu.

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Some people say there is exploit on 5.5.0. Should I update the firmware before N release 5.5.1? And is there any profit in such updating?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people say there is exploit on 5.5.0. Should I update the firmware before N release 5.5.1? And is there any profit in such updating?

There is a userspace bug, but no exploit has been made for it yet. There is no kernel exploit for 5.5 yet. If you are on 5.4, stay there. The userland bug will be ported SOON, and has the same kernel exploit as 5.3.2.

Reactions: uqbn

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stupid question, but i got confused
did they patch with recent firmware the exploit for the vWii or was there a WiiU hack...i was off for more than a year and by reading the postings i m totally confused now

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid question, but i got confused
did they patch with recent firmware the exploit for the vWii or was there a WiiU hack...i was off for more than a year and by reading the postings i m totally confused now
vWii has been fine since the Wii U's release, and likely will always be. With the latest firmware the Wii U kernel exploit ("OSdriver()") was patched, so if you want to run Wii U homebrew then make sure you don't update past 5.4.0, ideally 5.3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol