Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I missed the USB loader bullet point, thanks
so would it be a good idea to back up my Sysnand and update the console so i can play online?
Or is it too risky? Do you need to Hardmod to restore the Sysnand?

They are discussing that here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-nand-dump.395491/

So far I didn't see anyone reporting his test to seccessfuly restore to an older nand backup. But in theory they say it's possible.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for confirmation, there is absolutely no way to get homebrew on 5.5.0, or the WUP installer, right? Because I haven't found out about Wii U homebrew until recently.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, for confirmation, there is absolutely no way to get homebrew on 5.5.0, or the WUP installer, right? Because I haven't found out about Wii U homebrew until recently.

I wouldn't say "absolutely no way"
But it's true that there is no public exploit for 5.5.0 at the moment.

The hacking team has an exploit for 5.5.0 now, they will release it in one of these conditions :
- The exploit gets patched on a newer version
- They find another exploit
- There is a very high demand in the homebrew community, meaning there are more people who are willing to contribute and make/port homebrew.
- They find some kind of an emunand based solution or a better way to solve firmware updating problem. (a spoofer made by crediar recently can help download game updates without updating firmware which allows online playing on old firmwares, so that's a good step already).

If you are in 5.5.0 and want to use homebrew soon on your wii U, I would suggest you to block auto-updating asap, at least you still got a hope, but there is no guarantee a later version would be exploitable.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say "absolutely no way"
But it's true that there is no public exploit for 5.5.0 at the moment.

The hacking team has an exploit for 5.5.0 now, they will release it in one of these conditions :
- The exploit gets patched on a newer version
- They find another exploit
- There is a very high demand in the homebrew community, meaning there are more people who are willing to contribute and make/port homebrew.
- They find some kind of an emunand based solution or a better way to solve firmware updating problem. (a spoofer made by crediar recently can help download game updates without updating firmware which allows online playing on old firmwares, so that's a good step already).

If you are in 5.5.0 and want to use homebrew soon on your wii U, I would suggest you to block auto-updating asap, at least you still got a hope, but there is no guarantee a later version would be exploitable.
So, for blocking auto-updates, do I have to change my router settings so the paths to the update servers are blocked? I still live in my parent's house, so I'm not allowed to do that.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, for blocking auto-updates, do I have to change my router settings so the paths to the update servers are blocked? I still live in my parent's house, so I'm not allowed to do that.

What I did is basically remove wifi access from my Wii U :). If you really still wanna keep network access on your Wii U, you can use other techniques, just look around in the other threads. And I don't know why your parents would not allow you to block few links in the router ^^.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did is basically remove wifi access from my Wii U :). If you really still wanna keep network access on your Wii U, you can use other techniques, just look around in the other threads. And I don't know why your parents would not allow you to block few links in the router ^^.
They just don't want me messing around in the settings. I guess I'll just try to find a DNS that blocks eShop and update access!

ramon19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but how do I run wads that haven been converted into iso files on the usb loader ex?

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but how do I run wads that haven been converted into iso files on the usb loader ex?
You don't run WADS! WAD files are basically installer files. They can't be run at all, because the content isn't out of the installer yet. Once you install the WAD file, you can find the WiiWare on the main Wii Menu. Hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up