Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do i save pokemon ? Do tell me what i am doing wrong.
1.Save in the game
2. L+R+A+B > save save
3.turn ds off
4. New irq > pokemon ruby >start gba game >sav flash128(i had chosen this earlier)>60/1>vs 159
>fast emulation

But my save file is not loaded
Do this

1.Save in the game
2. L+R+A+B > save save
3.turn ds off
4. New irq > The generated save (save save should have generate one called gbagamename.sav if not something went wrong) > savefile > pokemon ruby >start gba game >sav flash128(i had chosen this earlier)>60/1>vs 159

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ADD2: I am currently working on an patching system that allows the emulator to load patch files that patch the gba file without patching the original gba file. That should also make cheating possible.
I'd prefer that you should make the emu a little more 'easy to use' gui and then add other advanced options

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ADD2: I am currently working on an patching system that allows the emulator to load patch files that patch the gba file without patching the original gba file. That should also make cheating possible.
I'd prefer that you should make the emu a little more 'easy to use' gui and then add other advanced options

What would be an more easy to use GUI/UI ?

ADD: what is wrong with the current UI ?

Thedragonw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why the hell do you need an exciting ui. at the moment this application is concentrated at emulation and compatibility. Look at Lameboy. It has almost the same ui and it is emulating gbc games so there is much more ram for an ui. I dont understand much from programming but the ds has 4 mb of ram and the emulator even loads 16 mb games. No much space for an fancy ui.
And sound. ok sound would be nice but if the sound lowers the framerate and the game lags it would be more worse than playing whitout sound. I mean ichfly mentioned something like the ds is not this powerfull for emulating proper sound. I´m still wondering why nobody suggested psp emulation yet. I think this emulator is kind of a miracle. Remove those polls and let ichfly do his work.
Say thanks for the emulator and make usefull suggestions instead of critizising the ui.....
like would it be possible to just show folders and gba and gba saves and how about a donate button. for example one revision one dollar spend(i mean someone spends a dollar for r39 and thats it and at r40 someone who thinks it is one dollar worth spends the next)

Thats all i want to say because that arent suggestions anymore but ungrateful postulations

loco365

Trophies
XP
Exactly. You don't need a fancy UI. It's simple and to-the-point.

I don't like the "Full Screen" feel that @boudincaca pointed out. Some stuff that renders there looks just weird.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I prefer for him to fix the video output on the top screen and any other issues b4 making a new gui which by the way I really dont care bout how pretty a gui looks if the programs does what its supposed to do, for a gui just gimme load and save options and done!

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Well, maybe it would more practical to just align the GBA "real" output (240 x 160 pixels) to the center of the screen and flush the graphic data around it, pretty much like the retrocompatibility system embedded in the DS Phat/Lite.

This problem doesn't really bother me, to say the truth.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Reading through the first pges and looking at these last ones, I must say that the progress has been astounding. This emulator proved that nothing is impossible unless you try it (cheesy, I know). My hat is off to you ichichfly.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ok I don't want this emu to have an exciting ui but I would love this emu to have sound >which is a basic need before we can have advanced options like a patching system.

and t-tudor,compatibility list update....
beyblade vforce doesn't work with any irq and i wasn't able to find a workaround.
beyblade g revolution works fine with new irq _60/1_vs180
>>>only for a min. or two then freezes

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Ok I don't want this emu to have an exciting ui but I would love this emu to have sound >which is a basic need before we can have advanced options like a patching system.

and t-tudor,compatibility list update....
beyblade vforce doesn't work with any irq and i wasn't able to find a workaround.
beyblade g revolution works fine with new irq _60/1_vs180
>>>only for a min. or two then freezes
posted

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Although I haven't looked into using this emulator for a very long time now, I think a full screen mode would be welcome (as well as centered 1:1 mode). The full screen mode could also use the alphalerp method for smoother scaling, which uses a hardware flicker to smooth out the image with no real overhead (I used this method on FrodoDS and the effect was very impressive.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Although I haven't looked into using this emulator for a very long time now, I think a full screen mode would be welcome (as well as centered 1:1 mode). The full screen mode could also use the alphalerp method for smoother scaling, which uses a hardware flicker to smooth out the image with no real overhead (I used this method on FrodoDS and the effect was very impressive.

OK I will try to get some VRAM free to use that.

ADD: untested but done cheats loading, patches loading, ips patch convert 1 cheat system one patch to speed things up 2 more to go... (for the next rev)

ADD2: The patcher need some time to create the patches. (sometimes 10 min or even more)

ADD3: The patches for the emulator are about 50% bigger than the ips.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
update r40

fixed old_irq
added patching system

patcher https://github.com/i...ner/patcher.exe

to cheat copy the lines in the cheat Datei line an click "Verarbeiten" after each line. Than click on "Erstellen" load the resulting file as patch after the save file.
The patcher can also change the sp and convert ips patches

ADD: all 3 cheat systems work exception
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_16BIT
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_32BIT
GSA_SLOWDOWN
and encrypted codes

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ichfly, in the next revisions, will you make auto save loading?
And could you explain the patch system in a little more detailed structure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://dongknows.com/tp-link-archer-ax3000-review/