Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What do you mean? For example a simple hack of Pokemon Fire Red doesnt work...

Ehh, nope. I tested a firered romhack called Pokemon Ultraviolet and it works (on the build I listed earlier, and on current gbaemu4ds sources). So maybe try another rom hack? If not, out of luck I guess.

edit: well right from the start I got unknown OP. So.. romhacks are experimental

Last edited by Coto,

Telon363

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ehh, nope. I tested a firered romhack called Pokemon Ultraviolet and it works (on the build I listed earlier, and on current gbaemu4ds sources). So maybe try another rom hack? If not, out of luck I guess.

edit: well right from the start I got unknown OP. So.. romhacks are experimental

it is already so much what it does today

CptPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Might be a stupid question, but how do I run gbaemu4ds through Twilight Menu on DSi? If I follow the instructions and run hbmenu.nds, it just white screens.

dragonhuman1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm just wondering if there is a gba homebrew for a r4 rts silver lite 2017 card or not and if there is could someone help me find the correct link and post it here along with instructions to set it up and i'm using a new nintendo 3ds xl with this r4 card and if someone can help me set it up and give me instructions to set it up i would really appreciate it please and thank you

Attachments

• 20190120_123522.jpg
    20190120_123522.jpg
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by dragonhuman1990,

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i'm just wondering if there is a gba homebrew for a r4 rts silver lite 2017 card or not and if there is could someone help me find the correct link and post it here along with instructions to set it up and i'm using a new nintendo 3ds xl with this r4 card and if someone can help me set it up and give me instructions to set it up i would really appreciate it please and thank you
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-gbaemu4ds-up-running-on-your-nds-the-correct-way.350336/

A guide I wrote a long time ago. Though I can't provide you any more support, I've forgotten all small details and nuances of gbaemu4ds.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For testing? Yes. But the latest commit in gbaemu4ds-alive branch has the best compatibility at the moment (even better than alpha2fix4), except for a few background modes that require proper handling since the background bits are used "directly" now, resulting in faster, and accurate results.

This specific commit below has an embedded barebones filebrowser which requires a /gba folder created in root SD path. Add *.gba files in there. No hbmenu requirement.

https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/gbaemu4ds/commits/61e7bb469525a8b706c2dff2eabbccaf12beb8b2

if you want a copy of this very commit, head to https://coto88.bitbucket.io/, pick the fourth button, and paste the commit there. Then click GET AS .ZIP

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

The reason why I ask this is because nds-bootstrap doesn't really support hbmenu, so in order for me to use this, I need a build that isn't hbmenu.
It would be nice if you removed the hbmenu requirement from the gbaemu4ds-alive branch as well, for all those that use nds-bootstrap.

Or perhaps, you can try to get in contact with @Robz8 about allowing users to view .gba files in TWiLightMenu++ and launching it through there.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It was ichfly decision to split browser-like features (such as file handling or save deciding) possibly due to binary size being at least twice as large and breaking some games while at it. Thus, gbaemu4ds core features, sound compatibility with some cards or patches are kept

edit: I am not actively working on gbaemu4ds anymore. I have a ton of things to do IRL and there's little reward to it. I hope the source code (that I did maintain) to be of help to any dev willing to take the project from now on. The source code I did maintain is at:
https://bitbucket.org/Coto88/gbaemu4ds/src/master/

Ask how gbaemu4ds code goes together and how it works and I am helping there, but do not ask that I go back. Thank you!

Last edited by Coto,

Perilomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone.

Not sure how relevant this is as the last post here is Feb 2019 but I would appreciate the help.

I am using an R4 card as I really didn't feel like using homebrew and cracking the 3DS etc and it works great for the DS games which I were after.

I am trying to emulate GBA now as Nintendo's virtual console is lackluster and there's no way for me to play the old loved GBA games as mine died.

I'm trying to play Legend of Zelda Minish Cap specifically which doesn't seem to work. I've tried gbaemu4ds alpha fix 4 but that would give me terrible visual bugs and terrible audio, so I turned to this forum and found Coto's great work, however when trying the game it just gives me a red screen with a bunch of numbers and says there's some sort of an error

Any idea if this game even compatible? Am I doing something wrong? Or it's simply not meant to be?

Thanks in advance for replies

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone.

Not sure how relevant this is as the last post here is Feb 2019 but I would appreciate the help.

I am using an R4 card as I really didn't feel like using homebrew and cracking the 3DS etc and it works great for the DS games which I were after.

I am trying to emulate GBA now as Nintendo's virtual console is lackluster and there's no way for me to play the old loved GBA games as mine died.

I'm trying to play Legend of Zelda Minish Cap specifically which doesn't seem to work. I've tried gbaemu4ds alpha fix 4 but that would give me terrible visual bugs and terrible audio, so I turned to this forum and found Coto's great work, however when trying the game it just gives me a red screen with a bunch of numbers and says there's some sort of an error

Any idea if this game even compatible? Am I doing something wrong? Or it's simply not meant to be?

Thanks in advance for replies
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2

NightTerror6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been answered, not sure how to quickly search an 120+ page thread.
I'm using the version @Coto posted on Page 120. Pokemon Ruby works perfectly fine, but a ROM hack based in Ruby called Pokemon Snakewood doesn't. Also, I've tried the Pokemon Dark Rising series (patches of FireRed). Only the final of the 4 games works. And it works perfectly as far as I can tell. I didn't patch them myself, I downloaded the GBAs in whole. Most of them whitescreen, one freezes before getting to the menu.

Is there a reason why only one of the 5 I tried works? Does it have to do with which exact ROM it is? Is there somewhere I can read more about this or some way I can rectify the issue?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii