Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
40 revisions of gbaemu4DS and gbaemu4ds is getting better. I was rather anoyyed when i found out gba emulation on the ds was "imposible" but now thanks to you thats no longer true :) . You have really acomplished something here. Make sure you never give up on gbaemu4ds and im sure it will be one of the best emulators on the ds :)

Gengar_Legit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok.I Used the rom of pokemon fire red english(the save file as been deleted...) and super mario advance 2(corrupted save file.).I Used this method:1.Save in the game 2. L+R+A+B > save save 3.turn ds off 4. New irq > The generated save (save save should have generate one called gbagamename.sav if not something went wrong) > savefile > pokemon ruby >start gba game >sav flash128(i had chosen this earlier)>60/1>vs 159

Gengar_Legit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys i have a problem with save.I Just save the game in-game and > save save sav file etc.But its said "the save file as been deleted..."or "corrupted save file"please help me. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What game? Pokemon firered/leafgreen? On firered leaf green is still a problem with loading saves.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes i use fire red / leaf green but ruby has white screen .-.
--------------------------------------------------
looks like your gonna have to ask ichfly
and
what do you mean by "sav and sav file"?
--------------------------------------------------
i just sav and selects save file i have edited with more details.I'm gona to school but help me pleases :).

Yaseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ichfly, in the next revisions, will you make auto save loading?
And could you explain the patch system in a little more detailed structure?
The patch system is simple
click on the first "Durchsuchen" than select your gba file you want to patch
If you want to apply ips cheats click on the second "Durchsuchen" and select the ips file
if you want to patch the sp point check the check-box (if you don't know what this dose don't do it)
to cheat check the V3 box in case you use V3 cheats than copy a cheat line like (83004932 0001) and click on "Verarbeiten" do that for all cheat lines you want to enable.
Than click on "Erstellen" the resulting files can be loaded from the emulator.

On the emulator:
start normal
select the sav file in case you want to use on
than select the resulting file you created with the patcher and load the file as patch
than start the gba file as normal.

this is amazing. good work!
Please dont missunderstand me.... but what are you planning to do next?
That is a secret as of now.
Um, i cant get the latest version, working, can someone help me plz
What is not working?
update r40

fixed old_irq
added patching system

patcher https://github.com/i...ner/patcher.exe

to cheat copy the lines in the cheat Datei line an click "Verarbeiten" after each line. Than click on "Erstellen" load the resulting file as patch after the save file.
The patcher can also change the sp and convert ips patches

ADD: all 3 cheat systems work exception
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_16BIT
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_32BIT
GSA_SLOWDOWN
and encrypted codes
Is it like this?
No the system is not working because of large jumps. It is more or less a replacement and it works without hooking anything in the gba file.
why the hell do you need an exciting ui. at the moment this application is concentrated at emulation and compatibility. Look at Lameboy. It has almost the same ui and it is emulating gbc games so there is much more ram for an ui. I dont understand much from programming but the ds has 4 mb of ram and the emulator even loads 16 mb games. No much space for an fancy ui.
And sound. ok sound would be nice but if the sound lowers the framerate and the game lags it would be more worse than playing whitout sound. I mean ichfly mentioned something like the ds is not this powerfull for emulating proper sound. I´m still wondering why nobody suggested psp emulation yet. I think this emulator is kind of a miracle. Remove those polls and let ichfly do his work.
Say thanks for the emulator and make usefull suggestions instead of critizising the ui.....
like would it be possible to just show folders and gba and gba saves and how about a donate button. for example one revision one dollar spend(i mean someone spends a dollar for r39 and thats it and at r40 someone who thinks it is one dollar worth spends the next)

Thats all i want to say because that arent suggestions anymore but ungrateful postulations
I don't think I add the possibility to send me money I may add some adds but not yet.

I understand how and what to do, but what kind of cheats? Give an example.

Yggdra Union Codebreaker Complete Mission [Sel+L]

74000130 01FB
33004934 0005
74000130 01FB
4300494C A5D6
62890002 0002

ichfly, in the next revisions, will you make auto save loading?
And could you explain the patch system in a little more detailed structure?
The patch system is simple
click on the first "Durchsuchen" than select your gba file you want to patch
If you want to apply ips cheats click on the second "Durchsuchen" and select the ips file
if you want to patch the sp point check the check-box (if you don't know what this dose don't do it)
to cheat check the V3 box in case you use V3 cheats than copy a cheat line like (83004932 0001) and click on "Verarbeiten" do that for all cheat lines you want to enable.
Than click on "Erstellen" the resulting files can be loaded from the emulator.

On the emulator:
start normal
select the sav file in case you want to use on
than select the resulting file you created with the patcher and load the file as patch
than start the gba file as normal.

this is amazing. good work!
Please dont missunderstand me.... but what are you planning to do next?
That is a secret as of now.
Um, i cant get the latest version, working, can someone help me plz
What is not working?
update r40

fixed old_irq
added patching system

patcher https://github.com/i...ner/patcher.exe

to cheat copy the lines in the cheat Datei line an click "Verarbeiten" after each line. Than click on "Erstellen" load the resulting file as patch after the save file.
The patcher can also change the sp and convert ips patches

ADD: all 3 cheat systems work exception
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_16BIT
CHEAT_PATCH_ROM_32BIT
GSA_SLOWDOWN
and encrypted codes
Is it like this?
No the system is not working because of large jumps. It is more or less a replacement and it works without hooking anything in the gba file.
why the hell do you need an exciting ui. at the moment this application is concentrated at emulation and compatibility. Look at Lameboy. It has almost the same ui and it is emulating gbc games so there is much more ram for an ui. I dont understand much from programming but the ds has 4 mb of ram and the emulator even loads 16 mb games. No much space for an fancy ui.
And sound. ok sound would be nice but if the sound lowers the framerate and the game lags it would be more worse than playing whitout sound. I mean ichfly mentioned something like the ds is not this powerfull for emulating proper sound. I´m still wondering why nobody suggested psp emulation yet. I think this emulator is kind of a miracle. Remove those polls and let ichfly do his work.
Say thanks for the emulator and make usefull suggestions instead of critizising the ui.....
like would it be possible to just show folders and gba and gba saves and how about a donate button. for example one revision one dollar spend(i mean someone spends a dollar for r39 and thats it and at r40 someone who thinks it is one dollar worth spends the next)

Thats all i want to say because that arent suggestions anymore but ungrateful postulations
I don't think I add the possibility to send me money I may add some adds but not yet.

I understand how and what to do, but what kind of cheats? Give an example.

Yggdra Union Codebreaker Complete Mission [Sel+L]

74000130 01FB
33004934 0005
74000130 01FB
4300494C A5D6
62890002 0002
Well On the R25( I think thats the one, is the one were you said you could pokemon working first) When i extract it i get 4 different things but when i run any of them and choose a pokemon game i cant get passed the game freak scene, it just freezes

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
for example on pokemon ruby?
  1. Press start to open menu and then select 'SAVE'.
  2. Press L+R+A+B till a menu on touch screen appears; then select save save and wait till it saves and creates a save file
  3. Restart console then select save file that has been created; it should have .gba.sav extension. and then select gba game.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Guys i have a problem with save.I Just save the game in-game and > save save sav file etc.But its said "the save file as been deleted..."or "corrupted save file"please help me. :)
What game? Pokemon firered/leafgreen? On firered leaf green is still a problem with loading saves.
I'm not having issues, but I'm using Fire Red (J).

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
just to clarify, is this an emulator or a hypervisor? i cant remember. oh and how does hyperspeed up load roms over 4mb compared to hwspeedup? its that i cant remember lol
arm9 and hwspeedup are a emulator. hyperspeedup has parts of a hypervisor as it run gba code directly but also emulate some HW so it is both.
hyperspeed up load the first big part of the rom into the ram and execute it there. The rest is like the on the other Versions loaded from a buffer and from the SD.(The buffer on the hyperspeed up is not as big as the one on the other Versions)

Sound would be so good ;D
May you know someone who could help me with the sound emulation.

Why are we incorporating cheats when there is more pressing business that needs to be concerned?
Because its his emulator, he is probably working on it alone since people who could help are only giving hints since they "no longer work on the DS scene" and cuz he does what ever the hell he wants with the emu. I mean sure there are another important things to do b4 adding cheats, like better output video, faster emulation, better compatibility etc etc etc, but we will have to take whatever he wants to add to it...
I add them because I need that for testing anyway.

Gameshark and codebreaker only?
For each cheat a file?
Can you put multiple lines at once, or only one?
Gameshark(V1,V2 and V3),codebreaker and raw write loop
loading from a file or multiple lines is currently not working.
CodeBreacker works for me on metal slug. Only one cheat at time.
Will any compatibility fixes be done?

This is the order of loading?:
1 Save
2 BIOS
3 Patch
4 Game
1. Yes I may have fixed some games with the sp changer option but I gess that nearly nobody can use this function (or only change the irq sp that makes the emulator only about 500.000 - 50 ticks per secound faster).
2. yes this is the loading order.
Nope srry i would if i would know how to do

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point in going through so much trouble to add such a useless feature
[...]
I for one prefer to have quality over gimmicks.\
[..]Maybe all cheaters need to learn how to actually play a damn game.
OH LAWDY, you do not know the can of worms you just wrenched open.

While the primary use of "cheats" as far as your average little kid is concerned is cheating, that's like saying boobs are only good for looking at and squeezing. When you grow up and get more into the scene, you realize there's actually important functions there too!

Here's some other, valid uses...

1 - Patches for speed. Even heard of "speedhacks"? It's where emulators take things like idle loops in the game code and patch them out in memory the same way that gamesharks and such work. While emulators that rely on speedhacks usually have them built-in somehow (speedhack file for the SNES emulator for the PSP, game.txt or whatever for the GBA emulator for the DSTwo, etc.), it's less work on the author to implement a global system and let users populate the databases themselves with speed hacks.

2 - Compatibility patches. These aren't usually integrated into things (like speedhacks) as they're usually only needed until the emulator's base compatibility improves enough

3 - Bypassing AP. Yes, GBA games have AP. Hell, even SNES games had pretty wicked anti-piracy code. The reason it doesn't often come up, however, is because by now most of the GBA emulators are able to emulate the hardware to such a proper extent that the games don't notice anything wrong. However in this case we're talking about an emulator in development that doesn't even support sound yet, so there's tons of games that might have their AP routines tripped up. So they need to be patched... sounds like a job for cheat codes. Same holds true today, check out any recent pokemon ROM release thread and see people passing around gameshark and such codes to make the ROM actually run properly by disabling the AP. Hell, the cheat databases going around still contain the anti-AP codes for games like Chrono Trigger and Bowser's Inside Story.

And then there's things that aren't important, but aren't for cheating either, such as finding hidden content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And yes they were formated correctly