Hacking Gateway: The Pudding Is Not A Lie (7.2.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 30,824
  • Replies 123
  • Likes 3

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That's if games with NAND saves can be dumped, modified, and reflashed without skewing keys and having our save wiped.

Saves seem to be allocated at specific offsets (there are already scripts that extracts and inject them) and probably its encrypted separately from the actual game program files, it would be only a matter of getting the keys that your console used to generate the save (a task that should be easier on a console using a flashcard). Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to confirm my suspicions :(

You obviously have no clue what is involved in getting a RAM dump and how save signing works on the 3DS or you wouldn't be acting like it is such a simple task. Just to fill you in, you are way off.
RAM editing != entire RAM dumping. You only need to overwrite game specific offsets of RAM to make this work.
And it was already done, and specifically envolving Pokémon, that was the way that event pokémons from X/Y were leaked.

EDIT: Yeah, save signing is another matter, still, easier to solve than finding kernel exploits or fake/proper signing programs. Nintendo and every console maker out there will use simpler cryptation on save files.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
please do not ever support cheats. Im 100% sure somebody will then release a tool to cheat online.
There's always some rat kid wanting to troll people online, that would motivate Nintendo to start banning people

well hopefully nintendo will ban the cheaters if that happens... nothing wrong with that.
i don't mind cheating when the game is not competitive, and usually online and multiplayer means that it is competitive haha, but not always the case.
i really hope that something similar to cwcheat (or it's variants) for pep, where you could just hit a button combo, go in, search memory, edit memory, etc etc, really great tool.
the fact that we can pause the game and go 'home', even run some special small apps, like browser and notes, while the game is still i the background, i hope for some cheat app like that, where you can press home, go to the cheat app, search memory in the game that is running etc etc... :)
but sure, racing against people in mario kart who use auto win codes or something, that's not fun

Reactions: Nightwish

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves seem to be allocated at specific offsets (there are already scripts that extracts and inject them) and probably its encrypted separately from the actual game program files, it would be only a matter of getting the keys that your console used to generate the save (a task that should be easier on a console using a flashcard). Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to confirm my suspicions :(

RAM editing != entire RAM dumping. You only need to overwrite game specific offsets of RAM to make this work.
And it was already done, and specifically envolving Pokémon, that was the way that event pokémons from X/Y were leaked.
Dude, we all know that there has been RAM dumping, but you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Why don't read up on one of the hacking wikis and the topics? After that, you will see just how off base you are saying that it and save editing is just around the corner. You are comparing this machine to a DS. The security arm alone is light years beyond what the DS's was. If you knew that, you wouldn't be spouting off about save editing like you have been.

The people working with Pokemon RAM dumping are working on finding exploits to allow for Pokecheck like functions, but on the whole real time RAM dumping is way beyond the capabilities of the general user.

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope they dont crack the 3ds firmware above 4.5 as you only have to look at what happened to the ds when it was cracked the game producers soon stopped making games for the machine the base of 4.5 3ds are in a small proportion to the rest of the 3ds so its not a huge problem to the game makers

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i hope they dont crack the 3ds firmware above 4.5 as you only have to look at what happened to the ds when it was cracked the game producers soon stopped making games for the machine the base of 4.5 3ds are in a small proportion to the rest of the 3ds so its not a huge problem to the game makers
Most of the DS games ever released came after the console was wide open to flashcart ROM loading. I'm not saying it won't have any effect on the console and games, but the ds generation is a bad example of developers leaving the console after the original R4 was released..

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight.

This announcement just only mentions that they are WORKING on getting 7.x encryption working. It does not state that they will be able to get it working for sure. In other words, its similar to their original 'we're working on 5.x 6.x support'. It's just an attempt.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight.

This announcement just only mentions that they are WORKING on getting 7.x encryption working. It does not state that they will be able to get it working for sure. In other words, its similar to their original 'we're working on 5.x 6.x support'. It's just an attempt.

Yep. You've got it right.

"We're working on it but we don't have it yet"

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they are actively working on it and seem to have gotten close to cracking it. Read this.

Yes, we heard the feedback about the savegame mechanism, and we have plans to improve this and bring it to a whole new level of support.
Yes, we heard about the latest 7.2.0 system firmware, and there is no need to worry.

We have been working on the new encryption puzzle added by the later system firmwares but as they say, the proof is in the pudding.
And unfortunately the pudding is not ready yet, but we know it will be delicious.
This is our top priority right now so please bear with us while we stir and work our magic!

Edit: ninja'd and i totally read your post wrong

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, we all know that there has been RAM dumping, but you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Why don't read up on one of the hacking wikis and the topics? After that, you will see just how off base you are saying that it and save editing is just around the corner. You are comparing this machine to a DS. The security arm alone is light years beyond what the DS's was. If you knew that, you wouldn't be spouting off about save editing like you have been.

The people working with Pokemon RAM dumping are working on finding exploits to allow for Pokecheck like functions, but on the whole real time RAM dumping is way beyond the capabilities of the general user.

Stop half-reading what other people post. There are 2 ways to broke the metagame of pokémon.
RAM editing (like GameShark/ActionReplay have made on the past) and this was already been done by the guy that leaked shots of event pokémon. Ok, it was on a 4.1~4.5 environment that is required to have kernel access, but hey, everyone that uses flashcards are on this environment, it's only a matter to make the RAM editing/cheating available to public (was it smealum with his private NAND emulation solution?).
The other way is to save edit, this one is hard, but yet should be easier than finding kernel exploits, mainly if you are going to use it on 4.5 environment that already have kernel access.
I'm not talking about doing it on a pure and proper 7.X.X or whatever new version system menu, but things that can be done on a emuNAND-like environment, things for the end users of flashcards.
And to end my post, I didn't affirm anything, it was all speculation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D