Hacking Gateway: The Pudding Is Not A Lie (7.2.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 30,891
  • Replies 123
  • Likes 3

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if they do crack the save encryption wouldn't that break all existing saves that are using corrupt keys?

im all for them fixing the issue so that I can use retail games across systems but they're going to need in injector or something to update existing save files with proper keys. not really a fan of starting games over.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
What exactly do they want to improve about saving? I wasn't aware there was anything that needed improving.

Maybe they are talking about the fact that you still need to exit the game (home and then x) or proper power off the console to write the save game at the 3DS SD Card.
When the battery "dries" and the console power off due to this, progress isn't saved at all.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe they are talking about the fact that you still need to exit the game (home and then x) or proper power off the console to write the save game at the 3DS SD Card.
When the battery "dries" and the console power off due to this, progress isn't saved at all.
this isn;t the case anymor. this is already done at 2.1

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, in 2.2, you need to exit the game via Home and then X or the game isn't saved.
that is not true, I am not doing it and it saves perfectly all the time

Maybe proper filenames and storing them on the micro SD card instead of like the MT card?
that would be nice, or a way to convert the saves between .3ds and .3dz

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird.
In my case game doesn't save. Having 2.2 and EmuNand 7.1
Did I do something wrong?

I'm fairly certain that so long as the game it exited (be it via home + X or long pressing power etc), the game would be saved. HOWEVER, if the game is interrupted either from a game freeze or random loss of power, the games will not be saved. Real time saving is a misnomer. Me and some other members lost some save game progress because the game froze on 2.1. It is NOT "real time save" like retail carts.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested it (by playing a little bit, save it ant directly power off) and it just saved normally. So I guess you are doing something wrong

I'm fairly certain that so long as the game it exited (be it via home + X or long pressing power etc), the game would be saved. HOWEVER, if the game is interrupted either from a game freeze or random loss of power, the games will not be saved. Real time saving is a misnomer. Me and some other members lost some save game progress because the game froze on 2.1. It is NOT "real time save" like retail carts.

Yeap

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
this isn;t the case anymor. this is already done at 2.1

No, it wasn't done, they just put more triggers to write the ".sav" file and that's all. Before it was only Home --> X, now it works when you press the power button to turn off the console.

See, if the game doesn't save before freezing or when the battery dry it can't be called "real time save" on any circumstance.

I just tested it (by playing a little bit, save it ant directly power off) and it just saved normally. So I guess you are doing something wrong

Unfortunately the nature of your tests that are wrong. Play a game with the red lights blinking, try saving the game and just let the battery die without exiting the game through Home or Power buttons.
If it still saves and doesn't delete the save file, please tell if you used emunand (and what version you are emulating), maybe it's related.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
basically its not *real time* saving in the sense that the save isn't wrote to the SD card when you save in game, it only saves as long as you exit the game by either powering down or pressing home and exit......as long as your 3ds doesnt go flat or crash your saves will work fine

Reactions: Dewdrops

Dewdrops

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
basically its not *real time* saving in the sense that the save isn't wrote to the SD card when you save in game, it only saves as long as you exit the game by either powering down or pressing home and exit......as long as your 3ds doesnt go flat or crash your saves will work fine
I lost a few hours of gameplay thanks to this :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gs; isn't that how retail saving is? Or am I just not thinking straight todah?
no when you pick save in game even if the game crashes its saved.....save means save, with gateway it doesn't transfer the save to the SD card unless you exit the game....well technically it is saving but to the gateway's spi chip, the save isnt transfered to the SD card until you exit the game though

D

Deleted User

OP
Technically it is saved. You can pull the save from the SPI chip using that savegame tool posted on 3dbrew. It's a bit complicated, but if you really needed that save, you can get it. BUT DO NOT LOAD ANOTHER GAME BEFORE YOU DO! Otherwise it is wiped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...