Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but how do you even update to a specific firmware like 9.2.0-20? Doesn't it update to the latest firmware available?

Ferrnando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Aww man, I just bought one gateway on hype and don't even know if I needed lower firmware to upgrade the card first... Please tell me there is hope

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wrong for being disappointed?

I kind of wanted a homebrew scene that wasn't dependant on ONE SPECIFIC card from a company that thinks it's OK to brick people.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Aww man, I just bought one gateway on hype and don't even know if I needed lower firmware to upgrade the card first... Please tell me there is hope
there is hope......blind hope but hope, im assuming they would have something lined up for 9.x users to update or they would of said to wait for the pre-updated revision

Reactions: Ferrnando

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They do say they are running the games natively, so it seems pretty obvious that this is the only feature you will get, or they would just tell all to update to 9.x

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They do say they are running the games natively, so it seems pretty obvious that this is the only feature you will get, or they would just tell all to update to 9.x
whilst it probably is the case they could of just said "natively" to clarify they weren't talking about emunand and save all the "do you still need to be on 4.x?" emails, but i am expecting it to be sky3ds style but with a hint of userland homebrew to allow rom selection and possibly region free

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They should have an exploit because how are we suposed to update the red card if it is a clone of sky3ds

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this works out well I will have to buy one now. I missed out when I updated on old firmware but now I have another chance :lol:

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has me tempted to get a Gateway. Carrying my games case around where I take my 2DS is annoying. I'm ready for my 2DS to be like my DS where I'll never have to swap carts again (unless I really want to play one of my legit carts).

I've been thinking... ssspwn is said to require you to run a specific game to use the exploit (or the last time I read it would). If one were to get a Gateway, while we have no idea whether it really would or not, does anyone think we'd be able to run and install the ssspwn exploit from Gateway?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i wonder how long it will be before we see "when will gateway support 9.2+ as i updated......WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!"....you know because there is PSA's about this kind of stuff :P

(ps not directed at you vayanui8 :P) just that even with this announcement people will still always update and then be upset that they didn't check before updating :lol:

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you f***ing kidding me? I thought Gateway will never get support to update for over by 4.0. And now they are changing their mind to want to update support over by 4.0. Oh I am laughing at you, Gateway, because Sky3DS already beat you.
DTLaugh.jpg

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how long it will be before we see "when will gateway support 9.2+ as i updated......WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!"....you know because there is PSA's about this kind of stuff :P

(ps not directed at you vayanui8 :P) just that even with this announcement people will still always update and then be upset that they didn't check before updating :lol:
Nah, I know how to be careful about firmwares now lol. I just updated my formware back in the day without even thinking about getting a gateway at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work