Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everyone on GBATemp is doing this for 1 of 2 reasons: Gateway and Pokemon Leaks.

scary_popcorn.gif

It's funny that I'm eating my dinner while reading this thread.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Very interesting news indeed!
This next few months will prove decisive for me to get one or not, starting with firmware 6.x support of course.
I will first see how this cart deals with the upcoming games and if it shows to support upcoming games, i will get one!

Reactions: digipokemaster

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now that they have figured out how to display graphics (and check input) I wonder how long until they make a multiloader for ROMs...
It's a bit trickier since they would have to figure out how to boot the ROM directly but it would be a huge feature.

And another thing they should add is firmware version spoofing for installed titles, such as the eShop, to be able to use it without keeping your 3DS updated to the latest firmware version.

Not to mention 6.x compatibility, homebrew support, cheats, real time save (might be a while before we see that one), there are just so many more things that could be added.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave gbatemp for about an hour, and this is what I find when I come back. Good job Gateway! I'm very excited to see how many more features they can add :D

Reactions: IronClouds

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes,and the price should down by %50.
No chance
Why would they sell it cheaper - they own a monopoly on the only 3ds Flash cart and looks like no competitors coming into the market.
They would only be eating into their profits if they decided to sell it half price .
Plus if they get pokemon or 6.2 support they will have tons more sales for it and unless their business is run by morons their price will stay the same - maybe even increase.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No chance
Why would they sell it cheaper - they own a monopoly on the only 3ds Flash cart and looks like no competitors coming into the market.
They would only be eating into their profits if they decided to sell it half price .
Plus if they get pokemon or 6.2 support they will have tons more sales for it and unless their business is run by morons their price will stay the same - maybe even increase.

Exactly. They are in a position to make a ton of money right now. It makes absolutely no sense to cut the price in half. Cutting it by maybe 25 or 30% would make more sense. Because It will help get them more sales. But cutting the price in half only helps if they get more than twice the amount of sale they currently get.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that they have figured out how to display graphics (and check input) I wonder how long until they make a multiloader for ROMs...
It's a bit trickier since they would have to figure out how to boot the ROM directly but it would be a huge feature.

I think if we ever get multi-rom support, the loader would probably appear on exploit load. So pick game there before it reboots direct to system menu. Would not have to figure out how to direct boot a rom then and could operate same as it does now.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to get off-topic, but I really, really like your username, haha!

I'd like to see a downgrade function where you can use a game with the 3DS update for 4.5 and force downgrade the 3DS. Or them figuring out the encryption scheme used so they can use just the red cart.

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure you can't extend the exploit from 4.5.0 past it.

They are doing some fantastic work, but from my research the exploit itself to even get started is only available in versions 4.1.0-4.5.0. So unless a new exploit is found by a team, I see no chance of anything working past it.

I would seriously invest in an earlier version. It is kind of like PS3 OFW has to be 3.55 or earlier. Anything after cannot be exploited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that