Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
i want to try this :) love the gateway team!!! All the people complaining with this sort of stuff you have to jump on it straight away. I went bought another 3dsxl on v4.5 as soon as i found out about the gateway. stop complaining and wait and see if they can support later firmwares. I am just happy there is progress! i dont know why people post here just to tell us your not buying until 6.2 is supported if ever! just stay quite and wait! we are lucky this even exists

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
With all those posts, I may guess you emailed them saying that you won't buy their product because you updated.

Only irrational people make ultimatums, the more rational of us have more than one 3DS to begin with.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can't argue with that :P

Yes because the words "accidentally updated" means "on purpose". Don't be such a prude. Not all of us are rich enough to have two 3DSes.

OK, then you maybe emailed them saying that you won't buy their product because you accidentally updated.

You've made your point clear, you are in 6.2, there's no need to say you won't buy the card in every post.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it interesting that they are able to backup the 3ds nand from a ds homebrew app.. just something interesting to think about. Maybe the way nintendo programmed ds mode is different than we thought. Don't pay attention to me though. I'm just speculating here

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, then you maybe emailed them saying that you won't buy their product because you accidentally updated.

You've made your point clear, you are in 6.2, there's no need to say you won't buy the card in every post.

Dude.. just shut up. You aren't helping anyone by coming here and attacking a member.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it interesting that they are able to backup the 3ds nand from a ds homebrew app.. just something interesting to think about. Maybe the way nintendo programmed ds mode is different than we thought. Don't pay attention to me though. I'm just speculating here
It's not DS mode, it's 3DS mode.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was told there's the possibility the NAND dumper dumps the NAND in an unencrypted state? Any of you in the know people think that it's possible? :lol:

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's how I see it. It's not necessarily an intentional attack on the_randomizer, in this particular case. Normally, if it were me, I'd have been saying, oh, I made an accidental update to 6.2, and that'd be the end of it. The thing is, what I see here is the_randomizer just setting himself up for it every time. No offense meant here, buddy. ;)

If he truly were clear about it, he would have stopped making a fuss about it ages ago. By continuing to make these posts, it really does appear to call unnecessary information to him, which members take advantage of and bite him for. Personally, I'd have just sold that 3DS and bought another one with a minimal loss of funds right on the spot the moment I realized my 3DS was bust for further Gateway 3DS updates. Just my $0.02.

EDIT:
Was told there's the possibility the NAND dumper dumps the NAND in an unencrypted state? Any of you in the know people think that it's possible? :lol:

Wait what? Where'd you hear that? :lol:

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

If it did that, then it would have the block where the private key stored would be decrypted as well.

The way arm works is the block with the private key is decrypted by the ARM function internally outside of the "system" and wholely done by the CPU and is then moved into the CPU memory that is not accessible to the system itself.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude.. just shut up. You aren't helping anyone by coming here and attacking a member.

I share kyogre123's feelings. Every page of this thread has one or two posts of the_randomizer stating the exact same thing. It's getting a little tired. As far as people not helping, I think the_randomizer is the far guiltier party. We get it, he's not buying one, unless it supports 6.2.

On topic: I'm curious as to how that menu is activated. I hope it's something along the lines of the current diagnostic mode, where you hold down a key while starting the exploit. I'm really hoping the menu doesn't start automatically and that I have to bypass it to launch a game. Launching a game is the bulk of what anyone is going to be doing w/ their GW and putting a menu in the way is going to be a bit intrusive when you don't want to use any of its function 95% of the time...

Unless that menu suddenly included multi ROM support. Not really holding my breath for that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious