Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,103
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so you mean that, when Gateway released 3.1 you felt sad, but when you read about it a bit more, you weren't as sad? Isn't it the other way around?

Haha I think he's implying that with such strict requirements, he's glad he has a Sky, though I'm glad I have both ;)

So maybe im missing something doesnt this make sky3ds the better card?

They have their own uses

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dunno if I can post links here, but I successfully placed the GW OOT save in the retail cartridge. And I extracted the GW save from the original game with the PowerSaves. I don't know if this can help the people who don't have their old 3ds anymore.

Still, here's the link !!! It's the EUROPEAN save ! http://dl.free.fr/fO6TMG5zl

Let me know if that helped

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone make a video? it seems to be working for people

believe me I would love to do a youtube tutorial but Nintendo would give me a fucking strike with my fucking luck. As my DSCOVERED tutorial (coverflow ROM manager) proved to be evidence of that....

fucking BAP can suck it and swallow

Gateway user Youtuber MrMario seems invincible. Even though he does a LOT more hacking related shit and has many more subs than I do...Nintendo seems to ignore him So let him fucking do it.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Guys, I got Zelda OOT 3DS today wooot!!!!!

So the new news is that you only needs a sky3ds and oot rom right? Is it better for me to get a Gateway now or Sky3ds then if I currently have none

I just got Zelda oot and a microsd/sd card reader, just need sky/gateway and a "sAVE DONGLE" if anyone knows what that means;

Does anyone know a trusted palce that sells them in UK im kinda confused by that part that gateway said :)

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, so you mean that, when Gateway released 3.1 you felt sad, but when you read about it a bit more, you weren't as sad? Isn't it the other way around?

lol yes, felt sad because i wanted gateway and just finished receiving sky.
But since its not so plug and play as before, well, not all is bad in having sky. :)

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I got Zelda OOT 3DS today wooot!!!!!

So the new news is that you only needs a sky3ds and oot rom right? Is it better for me to get a Gateway now or Sky3ds then if I currently have none

I just got Zelda oot and a microsd/sd card reader, just need sky/gateway and a "sAVE DONGLE" if anyone knows what that means;

Does anyone know a trusted palce that sells them in UK im kinda confused by that part that gateway said :)

You'll need a gateway... That's the whole point of this, so go for that first. Since you already have OoT physical cart, why would you need a sky + OoT rom?
Get a Sky if you want, but you have no need to for these purposes (Assuming your cart is rev00 and actually works).
If you have an old 3DS that's gateway compatible then you don't need a save dongle, a save dongle is an adapter that allows you to backup and restore saves in genuine carts. Have a look on Amazon, you should be able to find one there.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple questions for those that got this working:

1. Does this overwrite your current saves on your OoT cart?
2. If you write the GW save and it's corrupted, do you lose all your cart saves, or just the single GW save?
3. Could you perform a sysNAND backup, and does emuTool work to backup your emuNAND like before?

I love OoT and can do without my saves, I just want to know what to expect. I also don't want to lose functionality in the cart since I will want to play it again on my N3DS at some point. I got myself a copy of CN this morning too to future proof myself haha.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Couple questions for those that got this working:

1. Does this overwrite your current saves on your OoT cart?
2. If you write the GW save and it's corrupted, do you lose all your cart saves, or just the single GW save?
3. Could you perform a sysNAND backup, and does emuTool work to backup your emuNAND like before?

I love OoT and can do without my saves, I just want to know what to expect. I also don't want to lose functionality in the cart since I will want to play it again on my N3DS at some point. I got myself a copy of CN this morning too to future proof myself haha.
i think you need zelda every time you want to boot gateway mode

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you need zelda every time you want to boot gateway mode

Sure, but that shouldn't mean I can't load a real cart save vs. the GW save since there are 6 slots (3 for regular, 3 for master quest). And it doesn't seem that the save needs re-written from their instructions, just a one time thing (if it works on the first try).

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah..the prices are not bad YET....if you want to get one off ebay do it ASAP...might want to ask the seller on firmware version first though. Who knows how long before all the 3ds xl sold are on 9.3+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta smash em all!