Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,977
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

pongozila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if it’s a stupid question or this has been answered on the last 55 pages, but other than working on N3ds is there any new feature in this release? I honestly can’t find any… is there?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it’s a stupid question or this has been answered on the last 55 pages, but other than working on N3ds is there any new feature in this release? I honestly can’t find any… is there?

If there were any new features, Gateway would have listed those new features on their update post.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
So, for normal 3ds users, is 3.1 update OK?? Or it is n3ds specific??
The 3.1 update adds nothing expect N3DS support. It includes nothing for other 3DS consoles, so nobody else needs to bother with it. IIRC, the last update provided emuNAND support up through 9.5, so there's not really more to add at this current junction anyways.

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The 3.1 update adds nothing expect N3DS support. It includes nothing for other 3DS consoles, so nobody else needs to bother with it. IIRC, the last update provided emuNAND support up through 9.5, so there's not really more to add at this current junction anyways.

OK. :)

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So contrary to what they said about emunand not working on n3ds beyond 9.2, is it true that emunand on n3ds works completely now instead?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So contrary to what they said about emunand not working on n3ds beyond 9.2, is it true that emunand on n3ds works completely now instead?

You probably mean the part where they talked about not having emunand 9.5 initially for N3DS.
There was a sentence stating that this was "not a definitive barrier". Remember? How's this contrary then?^^
And yes, since nothing else was brought up it is to be assumed that they got it working.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm or deny if this will work on the OG3DS, I've tried getting it to work but it freezes every time I run the exploit. So I assume that its only for the N3DS right?

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why need buy expensive zelda game for ugly and shitty GW instead nice and working on all 3ds consoles Sky3Ds ?

Sky3ds is not region free.

I am in Japan and a n3ds LL here is 180 dollars, What keeps me from buying it is exactly this region thing.

I would have to play only japanese rom games. :/

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
word from the NOT SO WISE:

don't fuck with the save. dont copy it. I attempted to copy it to slot 2 to save some time in booting and big mistake it "removed the game card" and then upon startup gave a save data is corrupted error: erasing all data

xneuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why need buy expensive zelda game for ugly and shitty GW instead nice and working on all 3ds consoles Sky3Ds ?

This is where I think I'm heading. I just went through all 56 pages over the past 24 hours, and am starting to go through https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/

If I'm understanding correctly:
  1. Put Gateway's newest Launcher.dat on your N3DS SD card
  2. Load Zelda OOT through Sky3DS disk writer.
  3. Load/restore hacked Zelda OOT Sky3DS save game through disk writer
  4. Turn N3DS on with Sky3DS inserted, go through Sky3DS process, launch Zelda OOT
  5. Load hacked Zelda OOT game save
  6. Hopefully runs Launcher.dat and gets you to Gateway screen(s)
  7. Go through Gateway processes for Emunand, rom launching, dev menu etc.
I'm not saying this is correct yet, just my understanding after reading thus far. I still need to understand more what is and is not on the different SD cards (N3DS vs. card in Sky3DS), since I've never used Gateway and N3DS is my first 3DS.

According to another thread, this is not correct. This gets you through to GW's Launcher.dat but you still need GW red card to get into all of the GW functionality. So you would still need to have 2 flash cards in this method.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, this goes to show that Gateway are indeed money hungry greedy hackers.

Finding an exploit in a save, that we then have to use their cart to run? Seriously? Can't this all be done on software with the game save exploits!

To be fair, once KARL is released for emunand, and I have got a nand mod installed, gateway will be useless, I'll be selling my gateway for sky.

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) Yes, you only need to load the save onto the Ocarina of Time game cart once.
2) You only need to run the exploit if you turn off the n3ds, going in and out of sleep will keep exploit running
3) You cant use the blue cart for DS games above 9.2 i believe and you would need to re-run exploit if you did run the blue cart.
4) No
Before I screw up big time my kid's N3ds, could someone explain how to load the forged OOT savegame onto the OOT gamecard with a 3DSXL running Gateway (probably on the version before 2.7 or on 2.7 - I just can't recall updating it lately) ?
BTW, what does it take to update Emunand to 9.5 (I mean what version should we be running with our 'old' 3DS XL) ?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share