Homebrew Homebrew game Games installed to nand?? ( wii u )

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then there's nothing to worry about. it's only really cbhc where I wouldn't install to the nand. the nand is tiny anyway especially with the 8GB systems. dkc tropical freeze is one of the games I play the most (playing it now in fact), and iirc, it's 10-12GBs by itself. ;)

Reactions: JAB03

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually I don’t use CBHC I don’t really matter using mocha every time I play a Dlc… I mostly only play Cod and mario kart which are on the usb device, only maker and need for speed are on Nand And I downloaded them with usb helper which is really safe I guess

I think the rule still apply even if you don't use CBHC, a bricked nand is a bricked nand if something is corrupted and brick the NAND, beside you need to hard mod to restore NAND if you brick.

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It's generally safe to install to the nand, but I always install to USB in the event something gets corrupted. I'd rather corrupt my external drive than my nand. You can always install a game to your external drive then move it to the nand via the Wii U's data management tool in settings.
It's generally safe to install to the nand, but I always install to USB in the event something gets corrupted. I'd rather corrupt my external drive than my nand. You can always install a game to your external drive then move it to the nand via the Wii U's data management tool in settings.
Yup that’s why I bought a 32 gb usb but as it was full I decided to install some games to the nand. Looks like none of these games were corrupted as all of them actually works… btw im not really interested in other game so I won’t really use wup installer anymore

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the rule still apply even if you don't use CBHC, a bricked nand is a bricked nand if something is corrupted and brick the NAND, beside you need to hard mod to restore NAND if you brick.
True… I knew I could brick my wii u from the beginning of the modding, but cmon I bought my wii u on June third, 2014 and I had all of these games but they stopped working. So i modded it for not selling it cuz I didn’t have any game, so a brick would’nt have really worried me cuz still It was basically un useful

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the need to install to the nand. I have about 60GBs of space left on my 1TB micro sd with the switch. I thought about installing to the nand, but saves occupy the same space. pokemon snap's save is over 500MBs too when the nand is only 32GBs or probably slightly less. I'll leave the nand alone, and just copy and paste the contents of the micro sd card on to one of my hdds after no more heroes 3 comes out and I download it, then delete games I don't play or won't play for a while. they'll still be in the redownload section of the eshop, so it won't matter much or I can archive the games, which I think is a great function, to where I can download the content just by clicking on its tile.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the need to install to the nand. I have about 60GBs of space left on my 1TB micro sd with the switch. I thought about installing to the nand, but saves occupy the same space. pokemon snap's save is over 500MBs too when the nand is only 32GBs or probably slightly less. I'll leave the nand alone, and just copy and paste the contents of the micro sd card on to one of my hdds after no more heroes 3 comes out and I download it, then delete games I don't play or won't play for a while. they'll still be in the redownload section of the eshop, so it won't matter much or I can archive the games, which I think is a great function, to where I can download the content just by clicking on its tile.

Well speaking of pokemon, there was that pikabrick back then when the fake Pokemon Let go Pikachu got leaked early and passed around.

Reactions: godreborn and JAB03

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Wow a 1tb:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: That would never end If it was me I barely use 3 games on the wii u… Dont you like Call of duty on wii u ? Cuz you got like 60 gb that would be enough for cod bo2 and ghost

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean that thing that bricks switches, I remember that. that's why I use nx info for all nsp files. it will say if they're safe, and it's very quick too. it doesn't matter much though as I don't have the game, and I only download games I buy since I'm digital only.

Wow a 1tb:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: That would never end If it was me I barely use 3 games on the wii u… Dont you like Call of duty on wii u ? Cuz you got like 60 gb that would be enough for cod bo2 and ghost

cod isn't the sort of thing I play. I mostly play platformers, adventure, or rpgs. platformers are probably my favorite genre. I like shmup and racing games as well.

JAB03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
if you mean that thing that bricks switches, I remember that. that's why I use nx info for all nsp files. it will say if they're safe, and it's very quick too. it doesn't matter much though as I don't have the game, and I only download games I buy since I'm digital only.

cod isn't the sort of thing I play. I mostly play platformers, adventure, or rpgs. platformers are probably my favorite genre. I like shmup and racing games as well.
Oh right I like adventures games too but I like actions games better. Still I don’t play them much As we are all busy during work

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pikabrick program would have bricked the device by messing up the prodinfo regardless of where the game was installed.

that's actually why I scan each game I get with nx info. I've yet to find a bad one, but the site I go to is great! it does something to the header granting full access to the file system, which I think is how it bricks the system. I believe that's what nx info scans for.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's actually why I scan each game I get with nx info. I've yet to find a bad one, but the site I go to is great! it does something to the header granting full access to the file system, which I think is how it bricks the system. I believe that's what nx info scans for.
Most modern NSP installers (TinWoo, Awoo-Installer, Tinfoil, etc.) have checks for modified NSP files. As long as those checks are on and you aren't installing patched or converted NSP files, you shouldn't have to check your NSP files.

Reactions: JAB03 and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, I have a hackable switch (the reason I kept it), but I haven't hacked any of my systems. I don't really want to be involved with the switch scene, so that's why I download only the games that I own. I'm not sure how to do it on the console, and I'm afraid of leaving a trail anyway.

Littlenoob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I figured out why a cbhc game must be on internal storage. the system.xml, which gets modified, doesn't see the usb partition. the title id (what's modified), just has the title id (no location), so the system assumes it's internal storage. the usb device probably isn't initialized yet when you first boot up the system anyway.
Hello” Godreborn” Im repliying to you cuz I see that you actually know of this and sorry If I interrupt…

I have a question ( Im a noob lol ) If I install a game, on the usb device and It works all fine, can I move that game to the nand safely, without bricking my wii u ???

I don’t have Cold Boot Haxchi, or Haxchi, or anything literally my wii u just has some games on it (:.

Thank you!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello” Godreborn” Im repliying to you cuz I see that you actually know of this and sorry If I interrupt…

I have a question ( Im a noob lol ) If I install a game, on the usb device and It works all fine, can I move that game to the nand safely, without bricking my wii u ???

I don’t have Cold Boot Haxchi, or Haxchi, or anything literally my wii u just has some games on it (:.

Thank you!
yes. there's actually move and copy, which I think the copy command is only meant for transferring the games to a second hdd. no issue transferring to the nand though. that's what most people do when they're install cbhc, because the system defaults to the usb device when one is plugged in, eshop that is. using wup, it won't hurt it. it's just recommended that if you use cbhc to keep it by itself, but it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Littlenoob

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not recommend a flash drive I mean it'll work but if you want your games to last like for years it'll eventually fail because flash drives are not meant to play games they're meant to hold documents and small files. Pay a little bit more if you can and get an actual external hard drive, it's worth the investment.

I can confirm this, I've had 2 flash drives dying after being plugged to a Wii for some months, and I have a 1TB external HDD that has lasted me around 6 years, with some considerable daily use for the first 2 years. I still use it and works fine.

Littlenoob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. there's actually move and copy, which I think the copy command is only meant for transferring the games to a second hdd. no issue transferring to the nand though. that's what most people do when they're install cbhc, because the system defaults to the usb device when one is plugged in, eshop that is. using wup, it won't hurt it. it's just recommended that if you use cbhc to keep it by itself, but it doesn't really matter.
Thank you! Im gonna install the games to the usb device and if I see it works, gonna move it to the nand cuz my usb is short… God bless.

kukin234

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If I downloaded on usb and then i move it to nand via system config and if for some reason later I uninstall the hacks will my wiiu keep the games?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you installed the games using your legit ticket from the Disc or the eShop, they will continue to work without any mod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto