Hacking Homebrew WUP Installer GX2 can't install WiiUDownloader 'delete encrypted contents' games.

eXtra777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I searched pretty hard for this but couldn't find the answer anywhere. I use a Tiramisu-homebrewed [from the hacks guide] Wii U and install games with WUP Installer GX2. I have already had success installing most games I want onto my Wii U.

Like the title says, if I try to install a game onto my Wii U with WUP GX2, and the game has had the "delete encrypted content" option chosen with Wii U Downloader, WUP GX2 will fail to install the game to either the USB drive or nand. If I try the nand, the game install just hangs at 0%. If I try the USB drive I get this error:

0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached?)

[I have seen this error message reported by several people that had solutions that haven't solved my problem.]

If the "delete encrypted content" option of Wii U Downloader is not chosen, and those files are left in, WUP GX2 will install the games no problem, they are just about double the size [which isn't actually a problem on a 2TB USB drive, which is currently only a 1/4 filled up with around 350-400 games].

The problem is that because of this, some of the bigger games won't fit on an SD card [XCX, LC Undercover, AC3, etc.] in this state, double their size normally. But WUP won't install them with the excess files removed for some reason. So I can't get these bigger games on my Wii U, which sucks.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Post automatically merged:

To clarify, my active Wii U external hard drive does not have 350-400 games on it [maybe 290 or so at this point, but the problem existed way earlier than that], but my other only-for-backup drive has the ~400.

Last edited by eXtra777,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need the encrypted content, so a folder full of .app and .h3 files as well as a title.tmd, title.tik and a title.cert file. The decrypted content (code, content and meta folders with various content) are meant for emulators, not real hardware.

So if you want to get it into an installable format for the Wii U but don't want to double the games storage size by having both, decrypted and encrypted versions, just untick the "Decrypt contents" option in Wii U downloader.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: jeannotte

eXtra777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the encrypted content, so a folder full of .app and .h3 files as well as a title.tmd, title.tik and a title.cert file. The decrypted content (code, content and meta folders with various content) are meant for emulators, not real hardware.

So if you want to get it into an installable format for the Wii U but don't want to double the games storage size by having both, decrypted and encrypted versions, just untick the "Decrypt contents" option in Wii U downloader.

That's a great explanation and solved all my problems, thanks for helping. Previously I was not doing the "generate f*** t***** and c***" part as this also seems to be accomplished by "decrypt contents." Basically I thought "decrypt contents" WAS "generate f*** t***** and c***" (not understanding the functioning of the variable file structure at all). And as this did work for the most part I just went with it. There really are no instructions for WUP GX2 online I can find, or a tutorial on this aspect of things as you have defined them. Time to check out XCX. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol