Hardware Gamecube Controllers now work on switch with all games through official wii u smash bros adapter

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems like this can be used for more than just GC controllers. Currently using my old SNES controller on Switch. I have an adapter from raphnet that changes the SNES plug into a GC one. That daisy-chains into the official GC adapter and voila, gets recognised by the system. There doesn't seem to be any input lag.
Basically, as long as there's an adapter that gives the controller of your choice a Gamecube plug, you should be able to use it now. An N64 controller for example should be useable on Switch with this method.

D

Deleted User

Seems like this can be used for more than just GC controllers. Currently using my old SNES controller on Switch. I have an adapter from raphnet that changes the SNES plug into a GC one. That daisy-chains into the official GC adapter and voila, gets recognised by the system. There doesn't seem to be any input lag.
Basically, as long as there's an adapter that gives the controller of your choice a Gamecube plug, you should be able to use it now. An N64 controller for example should be useable on Switch with this method.
With this, the potential is limitless.

Well, except for the missing buttons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could be DIY very easily, actually it could be made to resemble a GC somewhat.
Hmmm... I should get a 3D printer.
Would love to see how this would look. Hell, I've got a billion gamecubes in storage. Might rip apart one of the dead ones for it's shell.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh, yeah hadn't even thought about that. I've got one of those Raphnet SNES>GC adapters too, use it for GB player.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Milage may vary: I have a ps2 to gc adapter and it works except for the back L/R buttons. They are kind of finicky.
Probably a different ps2 to gc adapter would work fine; mine is unbranded and got so long ago that I don't know who made it.
Still pretty cool!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Am I the only one that hopes that we can hack the Switch this way :P?
Excuse me?

smile.gif

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, because that's not how controllers work. Stupid question was stupid.
The question was hopes, and there have been controller accessed debug menus before (hit every direction at once, not doable on a normal controller, trivial for a debug device and also a dance mat for that matter). Probably not on this system though.

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.