Hacking G6 DS Real Pricing now available

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think G6 DS Real is the REAL deal. When i buy my M3 SD Slim i payed:

M3 SD Slim: Around 65 Euros

Passkey 2: Around 20 Euros (Later of course i flashed my DS but i needed to buy the Passkey in the first place)

A good Siemens All-In-1 card reader beucase i didn't have one already: 20 Euros

512 MB Sandisk: 30 Euros

And recently i buyed another faster SD card for 18 Euros. Not because 512 MB wasn't enough for me but that Sandisk card was really slow.

Total: 153 Euros

Now i can get for 50 Euros the superior to M3 SD Slim G6 DS Real. And no need for passkeys, passcards, card readers, the risk for flashing the ds (even if the risk is little), looking to big compatibity lists to see which sd card is better, looking for that specific sd card at local stores etc.

Now let's say i choose to buy an M3 DS Simply it costs around 33 Euros. To find a good 1 GB Transflash card at a local store i need around 25 Euros. So 33+25= 58 Euros! It costs more that the G6 DS Real! I guess the only advantage the M3 DS Simply has it's the total storage capacity you can have., like having 20 NDS roms or some full dpg movies or lots of mp3's or whatsoever.

And of course i have the Card Reader already so i didn't add that to the total pricing.

I am thinking of buying it around 20 June along with my new black DS Lite. The only thing that bothers me is the thing called "first batch" I hope it doesn't have any kind of issues.

And remember the G6 4GBit costs even now 115 Euros (OMG!) and the G6 Lite 4GBit 65 Euros. We are talking about a 8GBit (1 GB) capacity and only 50 Euros. I am sorry but i don't understand people who saying that the G6 DS Real is expensive.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Passkey 2: Around 20 Euros (Later of course i flashed my DS but i needed to buy the Passkey in the first place)

And recently i buyed another faster SD card for 18 Euros. Not because 512 MB wasn't enough for me but that Sandisk card was really slow.

Now i can get for 50 Euros the superior to M3 SD Slim G6 DS Real. And no need for passkeys, passcards, card readers, the risk for flashing the ds (even if the risk is little), looking to big compatibity lists to see which sd card is better, looking for that specific sd card at local stores etc.

Now let's say i choose to buy an M3 DS Simply it costs around 33 Euros. To find a good 1 GB Transflash card at a local store i need around 25 Euros. So 33+25= 58 Euros! It costs more that the G6 DS Real! I guess the only advantage the M3 DS Simply has it's the total storage capacity you can have., like having 20 NDS roms or some full dpg movies or lots of mp3's or whatsoever.

And of course i have the Card Reader already so i didn't add that to the total pricing.

I am thinking of buying it around 20 June along with my new black DS Lite. The only thing that bothers me is the thing called "first batch" I hope it doesn't have any kind of issues.

And remember the G6 4GBit costs even now 115 Euros (OMG!) and the G6 Lite 4GBit 65 Euros. We are talking about a 8GBit (1 GB) capacity and only 50 Euros. I am sorry but i don't understand people who saying that the G6 DS Real is expensive.
Because you can order a bundle of the R4 (same as m3 simple) with a perfect compatibility 1gb microsd card (kingston) for really cheap (~$45 ~36 euro) with no shipping costs at www.dealextreme.com

edit:you also get an sd card reader

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Come on..that's a lame comparison. Saying N-card will have cheat support is like saying G6 will have DLDI support. G6 real also has 100% game compatability and unlike N-Card some games do work in download play. If you don't care about cheating, slow write times and limited download play then N-Card is a decent choice but that's a matter of personal preference.

Also a personal dislike of mine is that it needs slot-2 to write roms. I'd prefer to use my slot2 flash card for playing a game while it's burning as it takes a while."

Download Play is irrelevant since all the games do not work. Alot of games work with N-Card as long as they don't have the secruity. Sonic Rush, Jump Superstars and several other games work. N-Card's download play is the same as R4's.

All of the games do not work with G6. In another review at another forum, a couple games do not work. Even though they are fixing it with updates, thats beyond the point. Even the very first N-Card had perfectly compatability. If a game does't work, its because you choose the wrong save type. All of the games work perfectly.

There are alot of games that don't even work with G6's download play. I say that G6 won't have download play because their Slot 2 didn't either. N-Card is the most popular flash cart in china right now. Its dirt cheap and has like 30 clones. It will never die. And do to that, the N-Card team MUST keep on making firmware updates for their clones to use. In other words, N-Card has the most support.

But its irrelevant since there is nothing that needs to be supported. All of the games already work, and now that there is DLDI. There is really no need for support anymore. At the most it would be extra feature such as cheat support.

Also, I'd rather use a Slot 2 card to write then lose my microSD or have the spring get destroyed, or etc.

"Because you can order a bundle of the R4 (same as m3 simple) with a perfect compatibility 1gb microsd card (kingston) for really cheap (~$45 ~36 euro) with no shipping costs at www.dealextreme.com"

The R4 doesn't have perfect compatability. If you don't believe me, go try the game that just came out today. It doesn't work on R4. And yes, I do have a R4 and a N-Card.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Because you can order a bundle of the R4 (same as m3 simple) with a perfect compatibility 1gb microsd card (kingston) for really cheap (~$45 ~36 euro) with no shipping costs at www.dealextreme.com

edit:you also get an sd card reader

Fair enough but it's just around 15 Euros of difference and remember when Dealerxtreme starts selling the G6 DS Real i bet they will have better price than Divineo.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Your arguments are completely one sided. N-Card clones according to GBATemp's review have 0 download play compatibility. If G6DS Real has about 50% that is already a huge improvement. You can't say G6DS Real has 0 download play compatibility just because it isn't at 100%. I don't know about you, but I find download play really important, I go out and buy real games just to get download play."

Are you really serious? I'll make a video right now of my N-Card sending Sonic Rush to my friends DS just to shut you up. You don't even own a N-Card all of your points are completely moot. I never said G6DS Real had 0 download play compatibility, I just said that unless it was 100% its really a non-factor in a argument like this.

"All games will work with the G6DS Real, just give it some time. The N-Card will probably fail eventually. The G6DS Real isn't even out yet, all their drivers have been tested by like 10 people? When it is released, it will be far better with thousands of people telling them the bugs."

No they don't. And I have proof and sources for this if you want it. I bet you 10 bucks that the game that came out today won't work with the G6 Real, since the G6 Real probably uses the same methods as the M3 Simply (R4) to play NDS games.

"Also, that "other review" was by DeVS. Not bashing him, but then he never gives out good reviews. I think the G6DS Real review by DeVS fared far better than the one he gave the DSLinker."

G6DS has no advantage in any department but price, and that gets beat by a multitude of cards to begin with.

"And about the 20 different clones, notice onlly N-Card is releasing updates? Then the others follow. The Neoteam and the Supercard team have no intention of developing their own updates, they are just copying the N-Card updates. And once the N-Card team fails, the whole N-Card clone thing will come crashing down. It is just one team. One that we haven't heard much from before. And then we have 20 leechers that won't do squat."

Well the fact that they can change the text and menu and etc means they indeed could make their own versions. Given the right documentation from the N-Card team if they do indeed stop giving updates.

Seriously though, the G6DS is nothing special. It has no special features what so ever. Its pretty much just a R4 with slightly better download play compatibility and uses built in memory. Wow..

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"The G6DS Real isn't very special, yes I admit that. But you said it yourself, you get better download play and built-in memory, for an extra $10! That is extra, that is what allows them to sell it for an extra $10."

Yes, you also get no homebrew support for 10 extra bucks. What a great deal!

As for the support issue. I'm not worried about that. The N-Card has much more support then you can even imagine. On NDSBBS N-Card is the OFFICIAL flash cart of it. And guess what NDSBBS is also the leading community flash cart site in china. You don't have to be very smart to realize what that means.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Ummm from what I know, the N-Card took their time releasing a DLDI patch... The G6 Team promised to release their stuff. So DLDI is a matter of time."

Yeah... took their time releasing a DLDI patch? What DLDI patch, they made it so all homebrew automatically patches. Which is a first in a flash cart. So yeah..

Besides, the G6 team is worthless. They didn't even release a full DLDI patch for the G6 Lite. The G6 Lite had loads of problems they didn't even try to fix them. And people had to use a home-made DLDI patch just to get some homebrew to work. And thats not even all. Going from past record, don't expect anything.

"And I think that the N-Card will fail in time because it is last generation. They won't support it forever no matter how big the community or whatever. The G6DS Real is the next generation."

How is N-Card last gen and G6DSD next gen? Stop spewing your BS. All slot 1 cards are in the same generation. Slot 2 was the last.

bladerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sweet, a flashcart fanboy discusion, how original.

Damn it people, enjoy what you have and stop complains about the competition, or are you so shallow that you have to make every one understand your choice of product is the one to go, so you can feel happy and secure.

Stop acting like little childs.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Sweet, a flashcart fanboy discusion, how original.

Damn it people, enjoy what you have and stop complains about the competition, or are you so shallow that you have to make every one understand your choice of product is the one to go, so you can feel happy and secure.

Stop acting like little childs."

If anyone is complaining. It is you. I haven't complained once yet. Just a discussion going on. Now you stop acting like a child and quit complaining.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they will not stop supporting the n-card. The n-card doesnt need update to play games
unsure.gif
So looks like a no fail to me. Why would they give up on the n-card and its selling well
huh.gif
Theres not even one single bit of evidence to say the team will abandon thier card. YOu might as well say yeah the r4 will abandon thier card in a couple of months stop making random guesses and turning them against a team.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"I'm not complaining. It is very interesting to see Kingofnoobs' point of view. He made some very good points. And I am not a fanboy, to be honest, I've only ever had 1 G6 product, if you consider me a fanboy of anything, you should call me an EZ Flash fanboy. I'm just trying to defend the G6 because I don't think it deserves the many complaints it deserves."

All the G6 products are good. But in my opinion you are making them sound way better then they actually are. As for support, It will most likely get it so no worries there. The only thing to be worried about is the DLDI issue.

"It is surpising that the N-Card had an auto-DLDI patcher. I haven't had the chance to test it yet because my DSLinker died on me, but I think it sounds great. Can't wait to get another N-Card clone. But the fact is, the N-Card series took an incredible amount of time to get a working DLDI patch, patcher or whatever you want to call it. The G6 Lite came in at a time where DLDI was just out, and it did not seem as important back then as now."

Well, yeah I suppose. I mean take this with a grain of salt, but I think getting DLDI working on a flash cart with internal memory is much harder then those with external. I don't know why, but thats what I think.

"Well not last generation, but just, well, 1 product back."

Yeah, that what I thought you would've meant. I mean last generation is a bit much.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people fail to realize that the G6Real is a N-Card + cheat device with probably USB2.0 write speed instead of USB1.x.

For a little more money you get a G6 that has extra features (which the N-Card will catch up to in time) and probably better support.

That is worth it to some people. No reason to argue that, as long as they realize what they are really paying for.

suske1245

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G6real has got a really nice gui and same features (eg. Pda and stuff), it is a flashcart that is not really worth buying if u r not a R4ds/M3 simply owner. but still to all the rest of the people it is a great flash cart.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would never buy a product for it's brand.. when it came clear that the m3 simply was the
r4 but more expensive it directly chose the R4.

Buying a product because it has a well known logo on it is stupid in my eyes... I think the G6 has no advantages above the R4, their sigelcard statement was fals...

O well that's my oppinion make of it what you want
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLZVtt_H8