Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love max he is based
but I wish he waiited till the new console to release a new product
I rather see them lay low and live another day to free another console than pop up and get baged over this, but they will probably do both.
might even have some inside info that it's already too late to N to reverse course on back copatibility
and maybe this card and the dumper will be like GW 3ds blue card,
it would be amazing and hilarious to see history repeat like that .

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Quore

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I love max he based
but I wish he waiited till the new console to release a new product
I rather see them lay low and lie anoooter day to free another console than this, but they will probably do both
might even have some inside info hat it is already too late to N to reverse course on back copatibility
and maybe this card and the dumper will be like GW 3ds blue card,
it would be amazing and hilarious to see history repeat like that .
If the rumours are correct about the next console using the same cartridge style, then he might created the Mig looking for both consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if someone inside Nintendo told him about the next console's specs

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the rumours are correct about the next console using the same cartridge style, then he might created the Mig looking for both consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if someone inside Nintendo told him about the next console's specs
yeah I would say it is very likely they have a mole in there

• Haha
Reactions: [Truth] and Quore

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Has anyone even read what they state on the website?

"IMPORTANT NOTE: We do NOT sell retail (to end users)"

So unless you're a corporation OR you find a distributor (going to be very hard to find), you won't be able to purchase the cart.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil

So unless you're a corporation OR you find a distributor (going to be very hard to find), you won't be able to purchase the cart.
if im not mistaken, they said this because they're looking for a partnership to sell those carts. and then they (might) will release for the common user in general

Reactions: JuanMena

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Yes, they absolutely won't have their own store like they done all the other times *roll eyes*

Reactions: Quore and some1ne

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This isn’t uncommon, I remember finding different Swap Magic sellers when that was a thing could be tough and shipping was way slower than it is now, or it felt that way.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, this is how every modchip and flashcart gets sold. The manufacturer never sells the product directly. They distribute it to different authorized resellers to mitigate risk and get the product into many markets.

Reactions: Quore and impeeza

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet, but I want to see what the included Cart dumper tool looks like. Cart to USB-C I imagine, but no pics of it at all. Just weird it's not pictured along with the MIG Cart on they're product page, if it's included.

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet, but I want to see what the included Cart dumper tool looks like. Cart to USB-C I imagine, but no pics of it at all. Just weird it's not pictured along with the MIG Cart on they're product page, if it's included.
like... you put a normal cartridge into the dumper and the dumper into the console to get the archieves?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like... you put a normal cartridge into the dumper and the dumper into the console to get the archieves?
Mig Dumper instructions :
  1. Insert game card into the dumper slot
  2. Plug in dumper to PC with USB cable
  3. Mass storage device will appear, with a folder XXX.xci 4. Copy XXX.xci folder to create a game backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: GBATemp Rule 63. Uhh... someone check. :ninja: