Homebrew For everybody wondering whether or not it is safe to downgrade - Here is a statement from TuxSH

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Stupid question but why is the latest possible EmuNAND FW on N3DS 9.5? This nearly makes downgrading unnecessary for me now... (except the CIA installing stuff of course)

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Specifically speaking, how does one backup the sysnand? Asking because I am assuming it isn't as easy as copying over the files from the N3DS' native file access service via your network? How'd you back it up
I'm new here so i'm doing my best to help.
From what i've gathered, you can only do this on a firmware 9.2 or below.
I've done a little research and all the results i've come across require the launching of the gateway 3ds menu.
Most ways that launch it either require a browser exploit only present in the o3DS or in Cubic Ninja. So if you have a cartridge or a working cia of that, maybe you could look further into it?

Maybe that helps? or not? Hopefully someone else can be more elaborate and help better.
Stupid question but why is the latest possible EmuNAND FW on N3DS 9.5? This nearly makes downgrading unnecessary for me now... (except the CIA installing stuff of course)
Why would someone need to go beyond version 9.5, if you don't mind me asking? From what i've heard you can still go online and all with that version.

Last edited by RoyalLemons,

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... can anyone say that its Safe now with the latest SysUpdater? (For N3DS AND o3DS)

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So... can anyone say that its Safe now with the latest SysUpdater? (For N3DS AND o3DS)
Homebrew never will be safe. It can only get safer.
The success rate appears to be climbing rapidly in comparison to a day or two ago.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As of now, the worst you can do is hard-brick due to user error, or soft-brick due to the app/unknown factors. Provided you aren't an idiot, it seems the app itself is safe (from hard-bricks). I still haven't managed to downgrade without soft-bricking the device though.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i have not deleted this exdata folder "0000008f (US" after downgrading and i have menuhax set, could this bring issues for me? i am experiencing no issues so far.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a bug that exposed the N3DS encryption keys up until 9.5. After that, it was fixed.

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to downgrade now or still brick N3DS?
sorry for my bad english
If you follow all the instructions on the guides you're following correctly, then the chances of getting a permanent brick are somewhat low but still exist.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is i want to acess homebrew menu from cfw but the problem is my boot.3dx is used o lauch cfw on boot

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is i want to acess homebrew menu from cfw but the problem is my boot.3dx is used o lauch cfw on boot
You're able to install the homebrew menu as a CIA. I'm sure google or the search function on this site could guide you further.

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this brick can recover by safe mode or not?
I'm not sure I understand however; Most of the time, people are able to recover from soft-bricks. A hard-brick cannot be recovered from except by hard-modding. The risk is still always there that recovery mode could not work, as there's a risk with everything.

megamanaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure I understand however; Most of the time, people are able to recover from soft-bricks. A hard-brick cannot be recovered from except by hard-modding. The risk is still always there that recovery mode could not work, as there's a risk with everything.
thanks

D

Deleted-236924

102 for n3ds, 126 for o3ds.
(might be switched, but it's those two numbers)
Well, when I downgraded mine from 10.3 to 9.2, it definitely did not install the 126 .cias from the pack. I didn't really count or keep track, but it ended way earlier than I thought it would, then it told me install was finished and it would reboot in 10 seconds. It rebooted, back to home menu, now on 9.2, cfw working and all and I have 10.3 emunand on it now.

i have not deleted this exdata folder "0000008f (US" after downgrading and i have menuhax set, could this bring issues for me? i am experiencing no issues so far.
If you were on 10.2-10.3 it's not gonna cause any issues.
If you were on 9.3-10.1 you'd already have run into black screen issue while booting 3DS with SD card inserted.

You're good.

Last edited by ,

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iddid that but it lauches the boot.3dx which is the custom flirmware and it redscreens
If you installed from this guide, "you can edit it to point to another file. You can edit the payload of the launcher with a program like Notepad++ to load bhbl.3dsx instead of boot.3dsx and then you will have a working Homebrew Launcher out of EmuNAND."
Basically you can have two boot.3dsx files that load differently, by changing a few things, including the name. I'm not really the expert to ask further on this though.

Chris610

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i successfully downgraded a NA N3dsXL using ironhax and the new "sysupdater", it took me a few tries to get it work cause it kept giving me "Failed to get CIA file info" but then it worked and it even reboot itself xD

Reactions: RoyalLemons

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the CIA file info fail on my o3ds 10.1E with menuhax using this latest build. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...