Homebrew [Tutorial] A Little Guide on the New waithax/slowhax

Knucklesfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choo Choo! The hype train has left the station! Bro! I am soooo hype! My 3ds is downgrading right now, the hardest part is the waiting, right? Ha! Thanks bro!

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the 10.4 Downgrade part of the guide successfully, and my 3dsident numbers match the ones in your guide. However, the system settings says that I'm still on 11.0. Is that okay? Am I ready for the 9.2 downgrade part now?
Thanks in advance for this excellent guide and all of the amazing tools that everyone has written and contributed!!
Yes it's ok your system settings say 11.0!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're ready to go forward with 9.2 downgrade

Reactions: frobinson54

frobinson54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're ready to go forward with 9.2 downgrade
Awesome! One more question... Under what conditions should I do a system format before attempting the 9.2 downgrade to try to avoid a soft brick or partial downgrade? My console is not an ambassador, but are there any other reasons that a format would be needed?

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HolyHobo, it failed again.

Had to do recovery mode all over again.

I started out on OFW 11.0. I followed every one of your instructions, and installed exidiahax. Then, I downloaded OFW 9.2, and put the updates folder in the root of my microSD card. Then I ran 3DSident and made sure both thingies were 2.50-11. I proceded to downgrade, and got stuck with that error screen.

I had no choice but to update to OFW 11.2 via recovery mode, update HBL, and I replaced
with

I ran exidiahax again, made sure that the thingies were 2.50-11, and ran the downgrader.... AND I HAD NO CHOICE AFTER THAT BUT TO RUN THE BLANKING RECOVERY MODE AGAIN!

Surely, I missed a step. There's got to be SOME reason it's not working... what is it, tho? i_i

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! One more question... Under what conditions should I do a system format before attempting the 9.2 downgrade to try to avoid a soft brick or partial downgrade? My console is not an ambassador, but are there any other reasons that a format would be needed?
not anything specific comes to mind, i believe you're good to go

@HolyHobo, it failed again.

Had to do recovery mode all over again.

I started out on OFW 11.0. I followed every one of your instructions, and installed exidiahax. Then, I downloaded OFW 9.2, and put the updates folder in the root of my microSD card. Then I ran 3DSident and made sure both thingies were 2.50-11. I proceded to downgrade, and got stuck with that error screen.

I had no choice but to update to OFW 11.2 via recovery mode, update HBL, and I replaced
with

I ran exidiahax again, made sure that the thingies were 2.50-11, and ran the downgrader.... AND I HAD NO CHOICE AFTER THAT BUT TO RUN THE BLANKING RECOVERY MODE AGAIN!

Surely, I missed a step. There's got to be SOME reason it's not working... what is it, tho? i_i

just make sure you have the correct 9.2 update files, thats all i can think of

InTheBeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As of now, they say to not use the installer but the waithax.3dsx found here, could the guide be updated to use this instead? Not sure of the difference, or if I should just go ahead with the installer version.

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now, they say to not use the installer but the waithax.3dsx found here, could the guide be updated to use this instead? Not sure of the difference, or if I should just go ahead with the installer version.
this installer still uses waithax, and it appears hundreds of people have used this guide and i also used this guide so i dont see a problem

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik, but they did say "This is not recommended for use anymore" :| I doubt it's for no reason.
True... in the end it's up to you to use this or not, I just know it works in my experience

@InTheBeef I updated the guide, thank you for pointing that out to me

Reactions: InTheBeef

Vcliex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playdesain.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, i dont have these games
The legend of zelda: Four swords
Legends of Exidia
Guitar Rock Tour
Fieldrunners

i use n3ds xl with ver 11.0

how to get require game for downgrade?

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i dont have these games
The legend of zelda: Four swords
Legends of Exidia
Guitar Rock Tour
Fieldrunners

i use n3ds xl with ver 11.0

how to get require game for downgrade?
You'll have to follow plailects guide here https://3ds.guide/

You need a second cfw 3ds for it though

Reactions: naddel81 and Vcliex

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having some issues trying to follow the guides, my New 3DS takes about an hour to boot waithax and whenever I try to open the dsiware installer it just freezes, any help? I'm on a NEW 11.0.0 using steelhax.

HolyHobo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues trying to follow the guides, my New 3DS takes about an hour to boot waithax and whenever I try to open the dsiware installer it just freezes, any help? I'm on a NEW 11.0.0 using steelhax.
If that's not working you could try the waithax+dsiwarehax combo that mrrraou made... you can find it in a different thread here on gbatemp

And also be sure you copied everything from the dsiwarehax installer folder... there's another folder along with the .3dsx that needs to be in there

Last edited by HolyHobo,

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I'll give that a shot, do you think it might be that I'm using steelhax? I never had such issues with other entrypoints.

And yeah, copied all from he dsiwarehax installer folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum