Homebrew For everybody wondering whether or not it is safe to downgrade - Here is a statement from TuxSH

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As of now, the worst you can do is hard-brick due to user error, or soft-brick due to the app/unknown factors. Provided you aren't an idiot, it seems the app itself is safe (from hard-bricks). I still haven't managed to downgrade without soft-bricking the device though.
I'm only asking because my N3ds for my friend ... I've got it because I should downgrade it...
By the way, the o3DS from my Brother (FW 9.6.0) , I've downgraded it at the first try and it runs RxTools Emunand 10.3.0 Now ^^

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the other thread, which says that CFW won't work on a "downgraded" system?

If it's "safe" but doesn't work for CFW, what's the point?

D

Deleted User

So this new version actually runs on my New 3DS 10.3 but I keep getting the error:
titleException:
main.cpp:148:Result 0xD900172F
Failed to get CIA file info!

I have all the CIA update files in a folder called updates on the root of my SD card. Am I doing it wrong? Any tips to make it work

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So this new version actually runs on my New 3DS 10.3 but I keep getting the error:
titleException:
main.cpp:148:Result 0xD900172F
Failed to get CIA file info!

I have all the CIA update files in a folder called updates on the root of my SD card. Am I doing it wrong? Any tips to make it work
That just means the exploit failed and couldn't get the am service. You just have to keep trying.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is i want to acess homebrew menu from cfw but the problem is my boot.3dx is used o lauch cfw on boot

You're able to install the homebrew menu as a CIA. I'm sure google or the search function on this site could guide you further.
or
use ctrbootmanager that is what its for

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you already downgraded? 10.3 on N3DS? :O
Oh, no. I haven't downgraded on my n3DS yet.

I'm still waiting for a completely 100% sure version that is stable and tested for it, also 9.5 is the highest possible emuNAND on n3DS.

I DID however downgrade my o3DS already.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh, no. I haven't downgraded on my n3DS yet.

I'm still waiting for a completely 100% sure version that is stable and tested for it, also 9.5 is the highest possible emuNAND on n3DS.

I DID however downgrade my o3DS already.
Success...?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep, first try. I used menuhax and I managed to get it in at the first attempt. It did freeze on the rebooting screen. I force shutdown, it took a while to turn back on but other than that it was pretty painless.
Everyone succeeds but me. DX No, I won't pester you with it, it's nothing really important. However, first try? I took me around 30 before it even went into the process to DG.

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone succeeds but me. DX No, I won't pester you with it, it's nothing really important. However, first try? I took me around 30 before it even went into the process to DG.
Yeah, I just pasted the CIA files, made sure to check the MD5s for them. Placed them on my SDcard and launched sysUpdater and that was it. I'm sorry I don't have any more information to provide.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, I just pasted the CIA files, made sure to check the MD5s for them. Placed them on my SDcard and launched sysUpdater and that was it. I'm sorry I don't have any more information to provide.
I didn't ask for help. My system is already a literal brick. It has no use. I checked MD5 as well! :P I still need to test one more EUR 2DS to see if it freezes midway again. I need to warn EUR 2DS users not to do it. I think it doesn't work on those.

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't ask for help. My system is already a literal brick. It has no use. I checked MD5 as well! :P I still need to test one more EUR 2DS to see if it freezes midway again. I need to warn EUR 2DS users not to do it. I think it doesn't work on those.
I didn't mean help, I just meant providing information on how I went about it. Also, my 3DS is an original 3DS NA. But yeah, maybe 2DS don't work?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I didn't mean help, I just meant providing information on how I went about it. Also, my 3DS is an original 3DS NA. But yeah, maybe 2DS don't work?
( I have a ton of 3DS family consoles. ) I'm not risking my NTSC-U 2DS after this. It went successfully on my NTSC-J N3DS XL. :) Same for EUR O3DS XL and USA O3DS XL. :D Sad thing is that it bricked someone elses 2DS other than mine and she's kinda enraged at me...

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
( I have a ton of 3DS family consoles. ) I'm not risking my NTSC-U 2DS after this. It went successfully on my NTSC-J N3DS XL. :) Same for EUR O3DS XL and USA O3DS XL. :D Sad thing is that it bricked someone elses 2DS other than mine and she's kinda enraged at me...
give her one of your 3DSes

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
give her one of your 3DSes
Already did. and 10 games. She's still infuriated with me. We have a closer relationship than you think... ;-; Okay, I don't want to steer this too far from the topic at hand. EUR 2DS as of now I still don't believe it doesn't work.

Tyson TH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already did. and 10 games. She's still infuriated with me. We have a closer relationship than you think... ;-; Okay, I don't want to steer this too far from the topic at hand. EUR 2DS as of now I still don't believe it doesn't work.
Have you tried the Safe Recovery mode yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1