Hacking Flash or get Modchip

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi~ just bought a XBOX 360 S STD S SYSTEM XBOX 360 EN/FR CANAD ← (ya std i no :rofl:) which is said on the label when i bought mah xbox 360 slim i believe.
Anyways should I flash my xbox or get a Modchip for my xbox or any other related ways? I want the 1 that allow me to more save money (Im cheap) so which 1 would u suggest me? Also how do I find what drive model I have? so you guys and i can find out what flashing method i should do or if the modchip is compatible...
Which I hope is not to new or then i cant do much :(.

Some data/spec of my Xbox is:
  • 2010-09-06 :MFR Date
  • LOT NO.: 1037X
  • TEAM:F8HE
  • DVD Drive: Here
PS This is my first post so i just like to say hello to everyone in gbatemp! Also excuse me if I post in the wrong area.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corona's cannot be jtagged or rgh at the moment which I am guessing it is. You can check via the 115w or 135w (115 being coronoa)on the power brick.
You can dvd flash and that is pretty much it unless something changes in the near future.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hai.

You can compare your 360 data to the 360 drive database and try to figure out what drive you got.

If you got a Trinity (HIGHLY unlikely if you bought it new) then you can RGH it.
If you got a Corona then your only option is to Flash it or wait to flash it.
Depending on the drive.

After you got it flashed you'll need a iHAS B drive for burning XGD3 games (8.5 GB ISO images) and some Dual layer Verbatims for burning the XGD3 and the old 360 games on.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well just listen to the guy above and find a tutorial if your dvd drive is flashable I recommend jungleflasher.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hai.

You can compare your 360 data to the 360 drive database and try to figure out what drive you got.

If you got a Trinity (HIGHLY unlikely if you bought it new) then you can RGH it.
Depending on the drive.

After you got it flashed you'll need a iHAS B drive for burning XGD3 games (8.5 GB ISO images) and some Dual layer Verbatims for burning the XGD3 and the old 360 games on.
Truncating also works, you just can't install them to the HDD. Never had an issue with the method, I wonder why everyone says you need an iHAS burner for XGD3 games.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just return it and or ask yourself a couple of questions before continuing.

Do I want to use X-Box live?
Do I want free XBLA, indie games and dlc?
Do I have a hard drive I can use?
Do I want to play games that won't work on a 4gb hard drive?
How much am I willing to spend?
Am I going to pay someone to do this since I don't know how to solder or flash?

It can be cheaper to RGH over flash considering a few things how many games will you burn and do you already have a hard drive to suit your needs.
An x360Key is fairly expensive but might suit you needs. It costs like 90+ for it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To stay safe on Live and to prevent future errors/reburns.

Besides it's a chance to get a decent burner for 360 games.
Stay safe on LIVE?? All the data is still there, nothing is changed from the retail disc other than the lack of video data AFAIK, and this doesn't even set off a flag. Errors/Reburns?? I've burned 30+ XGD3 games truncated and all of them work fine. No joke ;)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Might be just paranoia but I'd rather be safe on live then take risks.

Even with that 3% lesser data on the disc MS might implement something to check for those data sectors.
You'll never know, especially after the dae.bin update.

Reactions: 1 person

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late reply every1 was busy :(
Corona's cannot be jtagged or rgh at the moment which I am guessing it is. You can check via the 115w or 135w (115 being coronoa)on the power brick.
You can dvd flash and that is pretty much it unless something changes in the near future.
I have 135w (says Output DC: 135W)
Hai.

Depending on the drive.

Does that mean I have to take apart my xbox to find out about it?
Why don't you just return it and or ask yourself a couple of questions before continuing.

It can be cheaper to RGH over flash considering a few things how many games will you burn and do you already have a hard drive to suit your needs.
An x360Key is fairly expensive but might suit you needs. It costs like 90+ for it.
Well I didnt even unwrap my xbox yet so I could return it (i think if i have my receipt) & to answer the questions:
Yes.
Not really... can just use a Emulator or something like that.
Nope.
I'll just play on my PC instead.
Not really sure but under $300?
Depends if there is some really nice guide out there and if I cant find them then yes.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is a trinty and is RGHable. You can get a dual nand Cygnos360v2 Rev E if you want to use live or you can buy one that already has it done of course you'll need a larger hard drive. You can always wait for Xecutor Demon and see if that does the job.

You'll have to open the box not the 360 and see what the drive tray looks like to figure out what drive it has. Some aren't hackable.
Check the jungle flasher guide to see drive trays.
http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html

Returning it and buying a already RGH or flashed one might be a better choice depending on your skill. Some of the drives are hard to flash.

You cannot use a emulator for that only a RGH can do it or you can buy it via the marketplace. DLC is downloadable content, indie games are small games and even with RGH not all of them work and XBLA are just several games some of them are on the PC. You'll need a drive larger then 4gb for the 360 to play Halo Reach single player and some other games like X-Box original games. Depending on how many games you burn it might cost more. I highly recommend RGH for more features but that is just me. Honestly screwing up on soldering will can pretty much destroy your system so I think buying a used RGH one or getting one flashed via yourself or others is your best option depending on your skill level.

Just look at a Cygnos360v2 Rev E install guide and Jungle flasher's guide and ask yourself are you willing to do it yourself and buy the tools or would it be better for other to do it for you. The problem with drive flashing is it might need a update for future games so you'll need the equipment again possibly,

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a JTAG for a few years, and have done a shitload of dual nand RGHs... I would honestly say go with a dual nand RGH console and flash the drive also. That way you can have LIVE if you want it, and use burnt discs, or just use it as a RGH console. You have $300 to spend? That's more than enough to buy the hardware you'll need to flash the drive and chip the console. It's really not that hard to solder, it just looks intimidating. Get a low watt soldering iron, and look up some videos. Rip apart an old electronic something and desolder the shit off of the board in it, it's good practice. Plus if you learn how to do it yourself you can mod other people's 360s for them, never hurts to have a skill that can make you some pocket change in 20 minutes.

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I like to apologize again for the late reply been busy lately, and I just realize I'm unable to return my XBOX since its a final sale :cry: . I also figure out that my Xbox is:
  • 2010-09-06 :MFR Date
  • LOT NO.: 1037X
  • TEAM:F8HE
  • DVD Drive: Here
So am I able to flash or RGH with these? May any1 please recommend me a larger hard drive that is cheap?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looking at the drive tray it is a Liteon and since it is 1037x it is a 9504 or the rare 0225 both are flashable and as said above in my early post it is a trinty and RGH and the post above. I know it was a text heavy post but it was in the first sentence. Just buy a used 60gb 360 hd and transfer it to a slim caddy.

Just use Jungle Flashers guide if you want to flash the drive, get a cygno's rev e for dual nand rgh or wait for Xecutor Demon.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Xecutor Demon should be coming out soon.
http://team-xecuter....roduction-line/
Since Cygnos rev e can be hard to find he probably will have to wait. You can always install a coolrunner and buy the demon add on.

All you pretty much need is torx 8 screw driver (you can get a 360 slim opening kit to make it easier usually comes with the screwdriver), nand x, xecutor demon, soldering iron, solder and some time. Should cost about 100 for all. Get like a 15w iron you don't want 60w or higher since risk of damaging the board. Please note the demon might cost 20 or more since the coolrunner is priced at 20 and cygnos is priced at 40+.

So 20 for soldering equipment, 40+ nand x, 20+ xecutor demon and 360 slim opening kit 5. Since the 360 slim cost 200+tax lets assume 5% so 210 so I say you made your 300+ quota.

Reactions: 1 person

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They both require sufficient soldering.

It's just about you.
How soon you want to have the 360 hacked.
I'm patient time doesn't matter to me right now.
Well the Xecutor Demon should be coming out soon.
http://team-xecuter....roduction-line/
Since Cygnos rev e can be hard to find he probably will have to wait. You can always install a coolrunner and buy the demon add on.

All you pretty much need is torx 8 screw driver (you can get a 360 slim opening kit to make it easier usually comes with the screwdriver), nand x, xecutor demon, soldering iron, solder and some time. Should cost about 100 for all. Get like a 15w iron you don't want 60w or higher since risk of damaging the board. Please note the demon might cost 20 or more since the coolrunner is priced at 20 and cygnos is priced at 40+.

So 20 for soldering equipment, 40+ nand x, 20+ xecutor demon and 360 slim opening kit 5. Since the 360 slim cost 200+tax lets assume 5% so 210 so I say you made your 300+ quota.
Thanks for the heads up guiding me to choose what to buy, I'll wait until xecutor demon is release then buy everything and all the tools and hardware you mention are sold my TX resellers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...