DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heh.

Xecuter stuff is usually stuff from a high quality grade.
I've always bought Xecuter chips for the old box and xecuter products for the 360 and none had failed me ever since.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to buy the soldering equipment at a local store. The rest the reseller should have. Also I heard they might be making a nand-x built into the demon so you should wait to see how things play out.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should be able to buy the soldering equipment at a local store. The rest the reseller should have. Also I heard they might be making a nand-x built into the demon so you should wait to see how things play out.

I'd still prefer to have a USB SPi flasher at hand.
Just in case anything goes wrong

But it's an awesome feature none the less.

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh.

Xecuter stuff is usually stuff from a high quality grade.
I've always bought Xecuter chips for the old box and xecuter products for the 360 and none had failed me ever since.
Wow! that a long time :lol:
So I dont need to buy nand-x since its integrated into demon? :blink:

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woops messed up you don't need NAND-X apparently.

http://team-xecuter....cription-specs/
Built-In USB NAND Read/Write Hardware (NAND-X / Other SPI Hardware Not Required)

So all you'll need is a torx-8 or slim opening kit $5, soldering equipment $20, (20-45 probably) xecutor demon and the cable ($5) assuming it doesn't come with the demon.

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woops messed up you don't need NAND-X apparently.

http://team-xecuter....cription-specs/
Built-In USB NAND Read/Write Hardware (NAND-X / Other SPI Hardware Not Required)

So all you'll need is a torx-8 or slim opening kit $5, soldering equipment $20, (20-45 probably) xecutor demon and the cable ($5) assuming it doesn't come with the demon.
Oh also you forgot to add the hard drive price in and where do I get a cheap hd?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A local store might have a cheap deal on a used 360 hard drive just break it down and take the hard drive and put it into a slim caddy or just buy a larger hard drive. Honestly some people use a 2tb so it depends on how much stuff you'll play and how much your willing to transfer time to time.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to perform the reset glitch hack for the 360, all you really need is a laptop HDD that'll fit in the housing of the HDD casing, and obviously the casing for it.. Most hacked kernels allow the use of an HDD without having to use hddhackr or anything like that, or you can get a external drive and load games off of that.. Yes, it's possible, but I prefer using an internal HDD for my game backups. Here's a shocker, the games I have on my 360, I've ripped from my own discs haha.

Official 360 drives are grossly overpriced, it's a total rip-off to buy them, lol. The 320 GB HDD I'm using came from a laptop that I parted out, and it works just fine for me.

Also, you will be able to read and write to the NAND using the demon chip, it's pretty much an all in one. It's going to be well worth the money, and in my opinion, will be the most popular chip used for RGH consoles when it's out. It'll be the chip for the 360 as the DMS4 was to the PS2 (Which in my opinion, is the best PS2 chip.. Although, Matrix Infinity is pretty great as well; there's actually a few MI clones that function exactly like the original matrix infinity, they're modbos, but not every reseller sells the ones I'm talking about.)

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a 500 GB internal drive and it's working perfect.
Still got 250 GB+ of free space.

No ugly external HDD attached to my 360
So what type of internal hd r u using? Did u get it from M$ (Xbox)
If you're going to perform the reset glitch hack for the 360, all you really need is a laptop HDD that'll fit in the housing of the HDD casing, and obviously the casing for it.. Most hacked kernels allow the use of an HDD without having to use hddhackr or anything like that, or you can get a external drive and load games off of that.. Yes, it's possible, but I prefer using an internal HDD for my game backups. Here's a shocker, the games I have on my 360, I've ripped from my own discs haha.

Official 360 drives are grossly overpriced, it's a total rip-off to buy them, lol. The 320 GB HDD I'm using came from a laptop that I parted out, and it works just fine for me.

Also, you will be able to read and write to the NAND using the demon chip, it's pretty much an all in one. It's going to be well worth the money, and in my opinion, will be the most popular chip used for RGH consoles when it's out. It'll be the chip for the 360 as the DMS4 was to the PS2 (Which in my opinion, is the best PS2 chip.. Although, Matrix Infinity is pretty great as well; there's actually a few MI clones that function exactly like the original matrix infinity, they're modbos, but not every reseller sells the ones I'm talking about.)
I agree the original hdd is over price so do I look for a specific hdd type and what is it?
A local store might have a cheap deal on a used 360 hard drive just break it down and take the hard drive and put it into a slim caddy or just buy a larger hard drive. Honestly some people use a 2tb so it depends on how much stuff you'll play and how much your willing to transfer time to time.
I'm not sure how much I play but how about 100gb+ and what type of hd should i use that isn't from xbox because its overprice.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope just a 500 GB internal.

Iirc it's a Seagate.....
But it's just a generic 2.5 inch HDD ;]
Works perfectly.

There is a complete tutorial on how to set up a freshly hacked 360.
Just follow the tutorial closely and it can't go wrong.
Link: here

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope just a 500 GB internal.

Iirc it's a Seagate.....
But it's just a generic 2.5 inch HDD ;]
Works perfectly.

There is a complete tutorial on how to set up a freshly hacked 360.
Just follow the tutorial closely and it can't go wrong.
Link: here
Thanks for the tut I'll be sure to read it after I buy Xecutor Demon and the rest of tools needed. Also what HDD that compatible do u think give the decent performance.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh right you got a Slim 360.
Forgot sorry xd

Erm I think that any sized 2.5inch drive would do.
The Slim is directly connected to the SATA interface so the casing are pretty large already ;]

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh right you got a Slim 360.
Forgot sorry xd

Erm I think that any sized 2.5inch drive would do.
The Slim is directly connected to the SATA interface so the casing are pretty large already ;]
The casing larger than the orginal xbox O.O so same 7200 RPM HDD right?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B004YV9TSA
Just buy this caddy from whatever source and you can get a 5400rpm it worked fine for me.

2.5 sata some 1tb are larger then 2.5 so you'll have so avoid them or work around it by not using the caddy. You don't need the caddy but I just don't like my drive being so loose. There isn't much space in the caddy but it should fit most drives and adding and removing the drive is fairly easy. Then again you need to transfer data to the drive and that requires more hardware. Sigh if only you already owned a hard drive. You'll need a sata to usb cable probably. Damn this is going to cost you way more then 300 at this rate....

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Cache-Notebook/dp/B0037NYQ9I/ref=sr_1_21?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337734602&sr=1-21 Something like this should work fine.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Phatty 360 HDD casing is pretty tight fitting.
Even my original 120 GB HDD doesn't fit perfectly.
Besides those are connected via a special adapter.

The Slim 360 only has a casing around the HDD.
The SATA interface is directly connected to the 360's Mobo.
That leaves room for a what fatter 2.5 inch drive.

Yep.
Any 7200 RPM 2.5 inch HDD will do.
It's the fact that you don't have to write a harddisk security sector to the drive.
That's what's preventing unhacked 360's from reading any generic drive.

Regaining

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B004YV9TSA
Just buy this caddy from whatever source and you can get a 5400rpm it worked fine for me.

2.5 sata some 1tb are larger then 2.5 so you'll have so avoid them or work around it by not using the caddy. You don't need the caddy but I just don't like my drive being so loose. There isn't much space in the caddy so but it should fit most drives.
Thanks for finding me a caddy :D
The Phatty 360 HDD casing is pretty tight fitting.
Even my original 120 GB HDD doesn't fit perfectly.
Besides those are connected via a special adapter.

The Slim 360 only has a casing around the HDD.
The SATA interface is directly connected to the 360's Mobo.
That leaves room for a what fatter 2.5 inch drive.

Yep.
Any 7200 RPM 2.5 inch HDD will do.
It's the fact that you don't have to write a harddisk security sector to the drive.
That's what's preventing unhacked 360's from reading any generic drive.
Well that convenient for slim compare to phat so all i do is put it in and done right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.
Matter of assembling it and plonking it in the 360 and booting it.
After formatting it it's ready to get the old xbox partition restored and the savefiles etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse