Where can I purchase a 0800 drive flashed with custom firmware ?

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to dump/scan my xbox/360 discs and I need a drive that can do it. I am looking for a 0800 drive because some of my games are XDG3 ...

I don't want to go through the process of buying a drive and then flashing it myself.

Where can I purchase a 0800 drive that is already flashed with custom firmware ?

Last edited by L3gi0n0fh311,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xbox 360, this isn’t a joke, I just used the console itself when flashing new firmware. I don’t know if this is XBL safe though.

Looking around, other options include making an ATX adapter cable or buying something like the Xecuter ck3.

mod example (untested by myself): https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-power-your-360-drive-with-pc-power-supply.922434/
The ban risk was more theoretical than anything seen in reality, though with banwaves then A-B testing is hard. Don't know if places are still selling 360s for pennies but that might also be a source of one you don't care about.
More here to say though that remember to join the 360 chassis with your PC (crocodile clip, bit of tin foil... it matters little as long as it is) as floating ground can potentially be bad news.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
The ban risk was more theoretical than anything seen in reality, though with banwaves then A-B testing is hard. Don't know if places are still selling 360s for pennies but that might also be a source of one you don't care about.
More here to say though that remember to join the 360 chassis with your PC (crocodile clip, bit of tin foil... it matters little as long as it is) as floating ground can potentially be bad news.

I only mention the ban risk because the site I linked to mentions it.

Another option for ground might be to use an ‘washer earth cable’ on the PC side with the case screws and the crocodile clip on the 360. Although I’d test with a multi-meter to ensure conductivity.

That said, you made me curious as to whether the Sata data/power cable’s ground pins are connected and sure enough they seem to be on at least an old ODD I checked with a multi-meter, so whilst not advisable, they may not be completely isolated, unfortunately I don't have an open 360/ODD to hand to test with.

Personally I never had any issues, although I wasn’t doing anything for long and being careful with an open console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto