Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just did the 4.4.0 patch again real quick to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. That patch runs fine still. This 4.5.0 patch just won't respond correctly.

Reactions: giabao8811

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a revision C R4ids.cn card with Metroid Prime Hunters demo icon, when I try to run the latest update if I press B then nothing happens and if I press A then it says Fail. This happens on both my 3DS and DS Lite... This is my first time updating this card so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

Reactions: giabao8811

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a R4i and my pain is when a new update cames out I do need to have a spare "NDSi" or "NDSl" to do the update, and I'm thinking about get on DsTwo, in this case do I need to have anything else besides my 3DS ?

ps: do you know any sellers that send over to Brazil?

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a revision C R4ids.cn card with Metroid Prime Hunters demo icon, when I try to run the latest update if I press B then nothing happens and if I press A then it says Fail. This happens on both my 3DS and DS Lite... This is my first time updating this card so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.
having the same issue. its got to be an issue with their update.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a R4i and my pain is when a new update cames out I do need to have a spare "NDSi" or "NDSl" to do the update, and I'm thinking about get on DsTwo, in this case do I need to have anything else besides my 3DS ?

ps: do you know any sellers that send over to Brazil?

You only need to have a spare DSi/DSl when your card is not working anymore on your. THese rules also apply to the SC DsTwo. The problem is that the R4i Gold patch is not working for some people. The DsTwo does seem like an nice option since it updates really fast and have no sort of problems. You can buy it at:

http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/

It is a reliable shop, but keep in mind that ordering at the end of the year may result in some delay on delivering.

tudogg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got a r4i gold from r4ids.cn revision C with the kirby icon. i used my old first gen ds to update, it worked flawlessly and it boots up fine on my 3ds xl 4.5. i'm just posting this because some people seemed to have problems with updating the card with the kirby icon. thanks for this thread, it was very helpful.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
just got a r4i gold from r4ids.cn revision C with the kirby icon. i used my old first gen ds to update, it worked flawlessly and it boots up fine on my 3ds xl 4.5. i'm just posting this because some people seemed to have problems with updating the card with the kirby icon. thanks for this thread, it was very helpful.

I had DORASU icon and updated to Metroid and now tried with my 3DS XL(4.4-0-10) to update but the patch says FAIL....

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using C revision too but with Metroid icon and I'm not able to update on my 3DS =(

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying again this morning:

I decided to load the patch with a Supercard DSOne that I still have but don't use, and with the NDSL4.4.0 patch the patch correctly fails the card check with the Supercard in my system. I take out the Supercard, put in the R4i Gold, it now passes the check and identifies the card as R4i Gold.

Contrast that behavior with what I'm getting with the NDSL4.5.0 patch. In that case, the card check just makes the screen flicker a little but the Supercard does not fail or pass the check (nothing shows, just the flicker). Take out the Supercard, put in the R4i Gold, again no change just flicker.

This was done after formatting my microSDHC card and putting Wood 1.54 and patch files on card.

tudogg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I decided to load the patch with a Supercard DSOne that I still have but don't use, and with the NDSL4.4.0 patch the patch correctly fails the card check with the Supercard in my system. I take out the Supercard, put in the R4i Gold, it now passes the check and identifies the card as R4i Gold.

my kirby icon card didn't identify as anything, the field was just blank. patching still worked, just throwing it out there...
i was using an old 2gb sandisk microsd, not a microsdhc card, though, maybe that's the problem?

fydo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, just wanted to say that I have a revision C R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) with the Metroid icon, and I was able to successfully update. The icon is now of a Japanese game that I don't recognise, but the card is working on the latest 3DS firmware! :)
Thanks for the heads up, guys.

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, just wanted to say that I have a revision C R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) with the Metroid icon, and I was able to successfully update. The icon is now of a Japanese game that I don't recognise, but the card is working on the latest 3DS firmware! :)
Thanks for the heads up, guys.
How did you manage the update?
by using your own 3DS or an extra NDS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto