Fire Emblem Heroes Out Now For Smart Devices

Fire Emblem Heroes.JPG

A world with two kingdoms: the Emblian Empire, which wishes to rule all worlds, and the Askran Kingdom, which stands in its way.

You are a summoner with the special ability to call upon legendary Heroes from different Fire Emblem worlds. In order to save the Kingdom of Askr from destruction, join the Order of Heroes and face a never-ending challenge.

Nintendo
is on a roll with mobile applications. The company has just released its latest app for iOS and Android, Fire Emblem Heroes. It is a free-to-play game, with in-app purchases, where you follow along an original storyline in the Fire Emblem universe, with touch-based combats and new as well as known legendary Heroes.

Check out the gameplay below:

And here's the press release:

The next Nintendo mobile adventure is out now in the form of Fire Emblem Heroes, an original strategy-RPG about two warring kingdoms in a bitter clash. As a summoner, players build their army by calling upon Fire Emblem heroes from worlds that span the breadth of the series.

Players will wage strategic tactical battles streamlined for on-the-go play and level up a mix of new combatants and legendary heroes. Some familiar hero characters will become allies, while others will become enemy generals and take arms against you.

Players can enjoy the full majesty of tactical roleplaying on bite-sized maps designed to fit nicely on a smart device screen, even when playing in short bursts. Leading the army is simple thanks to easy touch and drag controls, including the ability to attack by simply swiping an ally hero over an enemy. If players manage to defeat every enemy on a given map, victory will be theirs.

Beyond the main story mode, players can engage in other modes to strengthen their army, compete against others, and more. Free and timely updates will continue to add new characters and content for additional hours of gameplay as well.

For more details, please check the Fire Emblem Heroes website.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp mailbox
:download: Google Play Link
:download: AppStore Link

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I played it and well... The artstyle kinda reminds me of <insert your anime-RPG copycat here> i have seen/played before. I mean, almost everything looks like the typical <insert your anime-RPG copycat here> mobile game.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can anyone give me a heads up where the error came on rooted devices? I'm trying to see if I can get it to work with Magisk.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okey I finished the Prologue, spawned a few characters, opened everything I could click on.
Everything works fine, my rooted Nexus 6 and Fire Emblem Heroes.

Magisk works like a charm yet again.

https://i.imgur.com/Y82J3r9.png - Click here for clarity of what Magisk is doing to hide the root.

Last edited by linuxares,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled the apk and it works just fine now.

Before I spend orbs on heroes I want to understand how it works before I go on a spree, is it possible to double up on the same hero? What else is worth spending orbs on?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
To make the most of your orbs, summon a full batch of 5 heroes at a time (20 orbs instead of 25) which also gives higher chances for rarer summons.

Also I've bought the first couple castle upgrades for permanent exp boosts.

If you get duplicate heroes, you can merge them together to boost their stats/SP.

That's all I've seen from the first 4 chapters.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make the most of your orbs, summon a full batch of 5 heroes at a time (20 orbs instead of 25) which also gives higher chances for rarer summons.

Also I've bought the first couple castle upgrades for permanent exp boosts.

If you get duplicate heroes, you can merge them together to boost their stats/SP.

That's all I've seen from the first 4 chapters.
I spent all the orbs I have fully upgrading my castle for 100% exp boost. I don't regret it, I'm hoping I can save up the daily orbs and complete missions alone to get what I need.

Anything else I should pay attention for? Seems like a lot to take in on the first day.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The only thing less obvious I've seen so far is how to claim Nintendo points/rewards for free 10 orbs and some items or crystals/shards for every 100 points earned (which is 100 per chapter complete). From the home icon, tap the fountain in the bottom corner and tap the glowing shield on the top right corner to bring up Nintendo rewards.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone that hasn't played yet it's an okay game. It's like a lot of other mobile games from big franchises. Expect summoning like Final Fantasy Brave Exvius or Naruto Ninja Blazing. Not really a fan of the super simple 1 handed gameplay eiter. Not liking having to drag my characters right on top of the enemy since I'm used to going next to the enemy and clicking battle. But a free game is a free game (but my hopes were a bit higher. Oversimplified controls bug me and a more unique summoning and stamina system would've been nice).

Reactions: Originality

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Game crashes randomly on my phone on 4.4.2 but doesn't even launch on my tablet that's on 6.1, the in game FAQ states the game needs 2gb ram to even run, so a good majority of devices won't run well with this game and will probably be not able to download it in the near future.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played it and well... The artstyle kinda reminds me of <insert your anime-RPG copycat here> i have seen/played before. I mean, almost everything looks like the typical <insert your anime-RPG copycat here> mobile game.

Fire Emblem, an 'anime style' (Japanese) RPG looks like an anime RPG?!!?!?!

*flips table*
I'm fuckin' out! They ruined it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o