Fire Emblem heads to Nintendo Switch Online's GBA selection

The very first officially localized Fire Emblem game is being added to the Nintendo Switch Online game collection. Starting June 23rd, you'll be able to play Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade as part of the GBA lineup for Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pack.

Featuring all the fierce tactical combat and rich, intrigue-filled storytelling the series is known for, Fire Emblem was the first installment in the series to launch outside of Japan. Plus, it also marked the debut of the hero Lyn, who you may know as the Emblem of Blazing from Fire Emblem Engage!

Kevbo

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Nintendo! See this?
mgba-256.png

This is called a FREE Not shitty emulator. Might want to look into it!

Reactions: Mike_77712

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Wow
Reactions: Kevbo

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of sad to see that the tendency of newest consoles generations almost need you to have an online connection to live a 'complete' experience. And then, you need to create an account, bla bla bla.
True.

Gran Turismo 7 is a great fun game, but in order to play the full game it requires an internet connection. 😕

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It´s good to know its there, i might play it in the future. Even though i can play it on my 3DS, i much more prefer to have it in an official way and have it on my Switch.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be in the minority here and say that I think the expansion pass offers a good deal for those without a modded Switch. It wasn't always that way, but with the total contents now I feel the $10 a year is a great price. Yes, $10 a year. It's extremely easy to find people to join a family plan. On my second year now with a group of random people I've never met in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_77712

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
nintendo please just hurry the fuck up and release kirby and the amazing mirror THEN i might consider buying your stupid fucking stupid shit console with its stupid shit subscription service.
Through a little trick called "emulation," you can play this game on anything with a screen. Saves ya 60$ and the wait for Nintendo's drip feed

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Through a little trick called "emulation," you can play this game on anything with a screen. Saves ya 60$ and the wait for Nintendo's drip feed
You think i dont know that? I even have it on my TOTALLY NOT HOMEBREWED 2ds lel
I know that emulation exists; it's my main source of gaming. But im speaking about all the casual people who DONT know emulation exists. They'll have to wait eons just to play some stick rotating game (im not dissing kuru kuru kururin, i love that game)

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean, that's a video game company becomes when it is led by a bunch if business men :(
I miss sir Satoru :cry:
Most of what you see Nintendo doing comes from the plan Satoru left, don't think for a second that he is a saint.
Same thing as Myamoto, they became corporate through and through.

The broad strokes of what Nintendo will follow for quite a bit were set a few years back.

Games as a service, limited internet capabilities, etc, were not decided last year, much less after the Switch launched.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of what you see Nintendo doing comes from the plan Satoru left, don't think for a second that he is a saint.

The broad strokes of what Nintendo will follow for quite a bit were set a few years back.

Games as a service, limited internet capabilities, etc, were not decided last year, much less after the Switch launched.
I mean, i agree on the fact that hardware were never their forte.
But in this case, in this thread, your comment doesn't apply.
I replyed to someone (an admin btw) who was complaining about the NSO+
Can you say that during Iwata's time, we had to pay for playing online?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
pure bs the new guy in charge don't know or care about his name is a hardcore japenese businessman who only cares about $ that's why nintendo are joke now. Satoru was NEVER like this he actually cared unlike this new guy just run the company's good name into the ground to make a profit no matter what!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto