godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, I think Nintendo should've created a greatest hits collection for n64 games, and released it as its own game instead of having another tier to nso, just like how there's a genesis collection (not by Nintendo). several games in that collection are on nso, right? well, at least phantasy star iv is, and I'm quite far into that game on the genesis collection. I'm not fucking starting over for a save that may or may not be tentative once they close nso.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
personally, I think Nintendo should've created a greatest hits collection for n64 games, and released it as its own game instead of having another tier to nso, just like how there's a genesis collection (not by Nintendo). several games in that collection are on nso, right? well, at least phantasy star iv is, and I'm quite far into that game on the genesis collection. I'm not fucking starting over for a save that may or may not be tentative once they close nso.
that particular genesis collection on switch is really terrible though

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they did that, Nintendo couldn't keep ripping off their loyal fanboys. 😭

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they did that, Nintendo couldn't keep ripping off their loyal fanboys. 😭
I'm actually a member of the expansion pack, but since Nintendo doesn't have very many sales or anything on the eshop, I'm starting to buy third party games that are on all three systems on the series x and ps5. the nso version is likely inferior for the same price, and there's never-ending sales it seems on xbox and playstation, and trophies, which I've grown accustomed to. those make me feel like I actually had a presence on the system I guess, since they go regardless of bc.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Online play should be free, while the "free" games subscription be available as an option.
that's what happened: PS3/360 generation destroyed gaming forever.

They made mainstream incomplete games on release date, day one DLC, season passes, loot boxes, paid online, sequels with less content and so on. Nintendo join the party later, because they are always late anyway.

On paid online subject, they took online away, kidnap style. Then we pay and they gives us a small change, witch is the games. The games worth $2 on xbox/sony side and their size is 2mb on Nintendo side. Even knowing all of that, there is always someone that calls the "great value" bullshit. The expansive HWfly chip is great value, not those services.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will only add new features it is an absolute necessity, like adding Wiimote controls for Duck Hunt because you cannot use a zapper.

I would have paid money if they had e.g. brought back N64 shooters with pointer controls.
Well online multiplayer wasn't a necessity and they added that for all these retro systems in the Switch. And they needlessly added all the extra e-reader levels to Mario Advance 4, none of these were a necessity, likewise for all the SP versions of games they add to the retro services. They will occasionally needlessly enhance these kinds of games from time to time, though it is a rarity. I'm not banking on gyro to be added to any N64 game for assisted aiming, I just would love to see it happen, that's all.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will only add new features it is an absolute necessity, like adding Wiimote controls for Duck Hunt because you cannot use a zapper.

I would have paid money if they had e.g. brought back N64 shooters with pointer controls.
The Joy-Cons are more advanced than the Wiimotes are so it's just a case of Nintendo making it compatible.

On PS4, there's a homebrew remake and it uses the DualShock 4 to shoot. It's pretty accurate, surprisingly.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say, that if Goldeneye is indeed coming both to Switch Online in the N64 service and to Xbox as some sort of enhanced remaster, then they have to do something for the camera control on the Switch, allow for the right stick to function as a traditional modern FPS camera control and/or add optional gyro assistance. Else, no one will even bother with the Switch version, despite Nintendo being its original home.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say, that if Goldeneye is indeed coming both to Switch Online in the N64 service and to Xbox as some sort of enhanced remaster, then they have to do something for the camera control on the Switch, allow for the right stick to function as a traditional modern FPS camera control and/or add optional gyro assistance. Else, no one will even bother with the Switch version, despite Nintendo being its original home.
Vita can make PSP games that use buttons as the camera so surely Nintendo can. 😆

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Vita can make PSP games that use buttons as the camera so surely Nintendo can. 😆
Only idiots used buttons for aiming on N64. Aiming needs more precision than walking. Walking in every PC shooter is controlled by buttons.
But I guess the majority of players didn´t bother to change the settings in Goldeneye and just let auto aim do the job (and today rely on aim assist)

BTW Goldeneye can be played with 2 Nunchuks on PC via emulation. That´s how I finally played it. TWINE on an emulator can be played with two sticks even though the N64 only had one.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a beloved game, yes, but.. Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 have way more replay value, and in my opinion, are just generally more fun <w>

Then again, they might not give those to us until we get the Nintendo Switch GBC Online service in 2026. After we get Mystic Quest, A "Special" version of Golf, a black and white filter for all the systems, and Atari Lynx Online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a huge loss? Lol