Co-op action-adventure game 'Gangs of Sherwood' gets new videos detailing its combat system and enemies

gangs of sherwood.jpg

Developer Appeal Studios' co-op action-adventure game Gangs of Sherwood launches in a few months. Ahead of its release, the developer has aired two videos. One details the game's combat system and the other introduces us to its enemies and bosses.

In Gangs of Sherwood, players must challenge many different types of enemies: light units, ranged units, mini-bosses and, of course, the main bosses, which are easy to spot, as each has a dedicated arena. Individually, some of them are no problem for the heroes, but they may prove to be a greater challenge when present in number. Furthermore, the enemies also have different roles: some may, for example, confer bonuses on their allies if not quickly disposed of, while others may charge the player to interrupt attack combos. The different types of enemies also look different; this is particularly true for some bosses, clad in attire incorporating the features of animals, such as lions, as was common for English crests during the Middle Ages. Finally, each enemy has unique attributes that require players to adopt specific strategies if they are to emerge victorious. The Shield Puncher, for example, has a giant, indestructible shield, so players have to attack from the rear to overcome him.

Gangs of Sherwood is a co-operative action-adventure game for 1 to 4 players with fast-paced gameplay and high replay value in a reimagined world based on the legend of Robin Hood. Exploiting the powers of the Philosopher's Stone, the Sheriff of Nottingham's armies have built up untold power and are oppressing the people of England more than ever. In a unique science-fantasy version of the Robin Hood legend, the game features explosive combat, spectacular combos, and co-op gameplay for fans of epic battles and challenges in stunning environments.

Gangs of Sherwood will be available on October 19 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know that I have seen a steampunk (granted this predates steam so probably want a better term) Robin Hood before.

Like co-op, like dynasty warriors well enough but this sort of thing is all in the execution -- had several games back on the 360 promise me all this and more but the execution let them down. Nothing particularly jumped out at me during those videos as a red flag (though the intro to action game tropes essay that it appeared to be is a curious one for a fluff piece even if I can write it off as techs and artists do not a good sales guy make) but without a controller in my hands...
Also the music in the first video made me take note.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks woke. No thanks.
I am no great fan of the woke religion and generally avoid its greasy touch on my entertainment where I can but I must of have missed it here.

The videos did not drivel on about representation, righting historical wrongs (Robin Hood being more modernly crusades era rather than empire* but you get the historically illiterate wokes blithering on about that often enough as well) or the other buzzwords, did not have the female rogue/assassin being all mary sue girl boss (possibly saving the incompetent men), instead a bunch of nerds talking about gameplay mechanics (questionable as a marketing strategy -- I am a nerd and know all this already with it also doing a poor job of conveying them getting it hard enough that it bleeds through into quality, those that are not are unlikely to be sucked in by it).

*technically the Angevin empire would have been a thing at this point but eh.

Characters wise ( https://www.gangsofsherwood.com/en-US/ ) Friar Tuck appears to be a black guy, potential there but when the enemies and many of the backgrounds would make for a good game of warhammer 40k or this game I can forgive something. Maid Marian (said female rogue player character/party member) appears to have tits, something resembling curves and a face** you probably would not be inclined to chew your own arm off rather than wake if you woke up with a hangover.

**if we play the replace the (admittedly short and bordering on can I speak to the manager, whether that is a concession to animation I don't know) hair style with the full body shot rather than the portrait it might not be the easiest win in that game but we are very far from the worst of examples.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I am no great fan of the woke religion and generally avoid its greasy touch on my entertainment where I can but I must of have missed it here.

The videos did not drivel on about representation, righting historical wrongs (Robin Hood being more modernly crusades era rather than empire* but you get the historically illiterate wokes blithering on about that often enough as well) or the other buzzwords, did not have the female rogue/assassin being all mary sue girl boss (possibly saving the incompetent men), instead a bunch of nerds talking about gameplay mechanics (questionable as a marketing strategy -- I am a nerd and know all this already with it also doing a poor job of conveying them getting it hard enough that it bleeds through into quality, those that are not are unlikely to be sucked in by it).

*technically the Angevin empire would have been a thing at this point but eh.

Characters wise ( https://www.gangsofsherwood.com/en-US/ ) Friar Tuck appears to be a black guy, potential there but when the enemies and many of the backgrounds would make for a good game of warhammer 40k or this game I can forgive something. Maid Marian (said female rogue player character/party member) appears to have tits, something resembling curves and a face** you probably would not be inclined to chew your own arm off rather than wake if you woke up with a hangover.

**if we play the replace the (admittedly short and bordering on can I speak to the manager, whether that is a concession to animation I don't know) hair style with the full body shot rather than the portrait it might not be the easiest win in that game but we are very far from the worst of examples.
I see a black character shoehorned into where a character was not traditionally black, its woke. No thanks.

Enough is enough, diversity doesn't just mean black. People of colour doesn't just mean black. Black over-representation is out of control and its awkward to look at. No, no, no. Call me whatever you want, I have nothing against any race, except, pandering to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto