ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

EvietheShadowless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Involves soldering a hardmod to my 3DS, aye? I suppose I'm not against it, I just didn't want to have to, if you catch my meaning. If you can link me a detailed guide on the process, laying out what I'll need and everything then I can get out of your hair. Thanks for the assist, friendo~

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Involves soldering a hardmod to my 3DS, aye? I suppose I'm not against it, I just didn't want to have to, if you catch my meaning. If you can link me a detailed guide on the process, laying out what I'll need and everything then I can get out of your hair. Thanks for the assist, friendo~
There's no need for a hardmod as installing custom firmware has gotten a lot easier. Just follow http://3ds.guide.

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack removes a lot of A+ rank suppourts, right? Is there any way you'd be willing to create a version with the expanded suppourt options but without the gay S suppourts? I want those suppourts to make poor Flora and company relevant, while being able to have the same gameplay as vanilla fates.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hack removes a lot of A+ rank suppourts, right? Is there any way you'd be willing to create a version with the expanded suppourt options but without the gay S suppourts? I want those suppourts to make poor Flora and company relevant, while being able to have the same gameplay as vanilla fates.
Just run the GameData.bin through the support editor and remove the gay options.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean, you could just run the patch version without actually doing any of the same-sex relationships. That's still a completely viable option.

Edit: Also this patch let me marry Rinkah and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run the GameData.bin through the support editor and remove the gay options.
I had no idea why I hadn't thought of that. I always just assumed that it was a difficult and tedious process to code the supports into the game. I'll look into it.
I mean, you could just run the patch version without actually doing any of the same-sex relationships. That's still a completely viable option.
It wasn't about that, it's about having the expanded supports and being able to get A+ rank supports between characters that have S rank supports in this version. I wouldn't have minded playing it normally if I wasn't playing Conquest. :creep: Gotta be super technical.

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
UV has stated that she will not release a version of the patch with only straight supports because it completely ignores and defeats the main purpose of the hack. A lot of C-A supports have been added between 1st gen and 2nd gen characters for the sake of giving the same range of A+ options to all characters.

lazylikeyourass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the game (Special edition USA) working with the patch. However, I downloaded the Undub version of the Special Edition, the patch doesn't work. I am using luma3ds way to patch the game so I don't have to run ntrcfw every time. Can someone help me please? Does the patch not work with the undub version? The place I downloaded it from says the undub version is USA.

WorldSeven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes! I was able to give Marth, Robin, Ike and Lucina - their own personal skill!
Hey, can I ask you how you did it? Did you manage to add some new skills as their personal skills or did you use existing ones?

Because I'm searching around the GameData.bin for skills to find some place that define skills some more...because I just find the usual place with their ID pointers but it seems to me that nothing actually defines what skills are doing in particular.

Reactions: RasenShot

Fates&conquests

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so like an idiot I upgraded my 3DS to vs 11.4.0-35E and I can no longer access the homebrew launcher through the OOT3DS method and thus I can no longer use the mod, which is one of the only reasons I brought fire emblem fates (If its not gay why bother?!) So what are my options here? From what I can tell you can still access homebrew on a new 3DS with the OOT method (I may be wrong about this) and I've seen a lot of talk about "custom firmware" which looks stupidly complicated. Is there anyway I can get my mod back, preferably without having to buy a new DS and lose all my DLC, please somebody help me because I have no idea what to do and I really want my mod back ;-;

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so like an idiot I upgraded my 3DS to vs 11.4.0-35E and I can no longer access the homebrew launcher through the OOT3DS method and thus I can no longer use the mod, which is one of the only reasons I brought fire emblem fates (If its not gay why bother?!) So what are my options here? From what I can tell you can still access homebrew on a new 3DS with the OOT method (I may be wrong about this) and I've seen a lot of talk about "custom firmware" which looks stupidly complicated. Is there anyway I can get my mod back, preferably without having to buy a new DS and lose all my DLC, please somebody help me because I have no idea what to do and I really want my mod back ;-;
Well, if you are using an old 3DS, you're SOL as there are no Homebrew payloads (for any entrypoint) for 11.4. If you are using a new 3DS, there are payloads (I'm not sure of any payloads for OOTHAX/OOT3D), but not every Homebrew app has been updated to support 11.4, which includes HANS, which is the only way for you to run the hack now. Had you had stayed on 11.3 or below, you could've easily (and yes, it's that simple now) installed custom firmware (CFW). Installing CFW has gotten A LOT simpler.

There's not a whole lot you can do right now besides either wait, or by a new system, put CFW on it, then do a system transfer so you won't lose any of your data, saves, or games.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, now that sighax has been released (as boot9strap), you can hack a 11.4 system using a hardmod.
Yeah, there's that too, but if they don't want to buy a system, I'm wondering if they'd pay for a hardmod. And don't you need a NAND backup for that or is it just for recovering from a brick?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a backup for it. It's still a hack, it just happens to be a hack that is installed using a hardmod.

Fates&conquests

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if you are using an old 3DS, you're SOL as there are no Homebrew payloads (for any entrypoint) for 11.4. If you are using a new 3DS, there are payloads (I'm not sure of any payloads for OOTHAX/OOT3D), but not every Homebrew app has been updated to support 11.4, which includes HANS, which is the only way for you to run the hack now. Had you had stayed on 11.3 or below, you could've easily (and yes, it's that simple now) installed custom firmware (CFW). Installing CFW has gotten A LOT simpler.

There's not a whole lot you can do right now besides either wait, or by a new system, put CFW on it, then do a system transfer so you won't lose any of your data, saves, or games.
Thanks for the quick reply XD So it is possible that they'll release new payloads for 11.4, just a matter of waiting and praying, at least thats a better alternative than buying a new 3ds xl or whaterver you need for homebrew now (They're like £200).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Most of the modern AAA games +1