ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Milklatte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you running the hack? NTR or Luma's layeredFS? If you look in your Supports, you should see S ranks by people who normally wouldn't have an S rank with someone.
Oh! Thank you so much for responding! I'm using Luma layeredFS ^^ and everyone (so far) on my support list has an "S" rank next to their name. Yay~ I think I did it correctly then :) Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob, lol. I just needed to be sure before I progressed through the story. Thanks again! <3

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! Thank you so much for responding! I'm using Luma layeredFS ^^ and everyone (so far) on my support list has an "S" rank next to their name. Yay~ I think I did it correctly then :) Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob, lol. I just needed to be sure before I progressed through the story. Thanks again! <3
You're welcome! :)

Reactions: Milklatte

lazylikeyourass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I have to run ntrcfw every time I open the game? I chose classic mode and every time I soft reset the screen is stuck to black, if I try go to Home and open the game again, the Nintendo 3ds spash screen just loops. Also, is it alright to play the game with the patch on and later on turn the patch off like in the middle of a playthrough or do I have to keep running ntrcfw?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Do I have to run ntrcfw every time I open the game? I chose classic mode and every time I soft reset the screen is stuck to black, if I try go to Home and open the game again, the Nintendo 3ds spash screen just loops. Also, is it alright to play the game with the patch on and later on turn the patch off like in the middle of a playthrough or do I have to keep running ntrcfw?
If you have latest Luma, you don't need NTR at all

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i installed this, The new support conversations did appear in the menu but they were completely blank and had no dialogue. I took a look at the files and it turned out that the filenames of the files in the m, @E, and common folder had garbage names like ._pé½pâ¦pâètö+_pé¬pâ£pâ¡_Fª¬s¡üE.bin.LZ instead of the titles they should have. Any possible fix for this?

Last edited by Samsonb79,

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i installed this, The new support conversations did appear in the menu but they were completely blank and had no dialogue. I took a look at the files and it turned out that the filenames of the files in the m, @E, and common folder had garbage names like ._pé½pâ¦pâètö+_pé¬pâ£pâ¡_Fª¬s¡üE.bin.LZ instead of the titles they should have. Any possible fix for this?
Use a different extractor for the zip file. WinRAR can corrupt the file names but 7zip should work just fine.

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a different extractor for the zip file. WinRAR can corrupt the file names but 7zip should work just fine.
7zip didn't seem to work either, though I do have a different filename (now it turned into ._p��p��p��t�+_p��p��p��_F��s��.bin.lz) so that does confirm that it's likely a problem with my extractor, I'll try redownloading it and see what comes up different.

imsosori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7zip didn't seem to work either, though I do have a different filename (now it turned into ._p��p��p��t�+_p��p��p��_F��s��.bin.lz) so that does confirm that it's likely a problem with my extractor, I'll try redownloading it and see what comes up different.

Pretty sure you'll need to change your system settings to display the text properly if you are in windows. Try following this thread here for help, and tell us the results.

lazylikeyourass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are some supports like Mozu and Azura, where it didn't have dialog, it skips through it and just says they achieved c support. That's fine right? Because the changelog says there's no dialog option for MozuxAzura.

D

Deleted User

Gotta love creating random lesbian marriages on my friends 3DS which i borrowed. [He told me not to hack it, but.... it was already hacked uwu]

miyuXXmiyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I need some help.

I did the gay hack by following a tutorial on Youtube and all went well, however I tried to access Homebrew through Soundhax and the screen won't load in 3DS sound, it just keeps loading over and over in a circle and no files appear on the bottom screen but strangely the custom theme for my 3DS works... somebody please help me!! Or should I just wait longer?? Help!!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi all, I need some help.

I did the gay hack by following a tutorial on Youtube and all went well, however I tried to access Homebrew through Soundhax and the screen won't load in 3DS sound, it just keeps loading over and over in a circle and no files appear on the bottom screen but strangely the custom theme for my 3DS works... somebody please help me!! Or should I just wait longer?? Help!!
Did you update your system to 11.4?

miyuXXmiyu

Trophies
XP
Country
No... I don't believe I did, it's still on 11.3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2017-5-8_7-45-6.png

This is what my SD cards files look like, I removed a few folders I did for the hack to see if it'd work, but it didn't. I fear I must of replaced some files or something while I downloaded the hack? If said so happened, would I have to redo Homebrew and just replace all of its files again? I'm not familiar with 3DS hacking that much, sorry

EvietheShadowless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Egh, I don't like having to be the one asking for things, I just like recycling old help that other people got but... I can't remember where I saw the solution for this problem.
I've found myself in a bit of a bind. I'm just trying to decompress the gamedata.bin.lz that comes with the hack, so I can [insert hackerman things here], but batchlz77 keeps reporting the file isn't compressed when I do the whole dance of deleting the first four bytes and all that jazz. If I refrain from deleting any bytes before decompressing, not only does it actually allow me to decompress the file but, weirdly enough, it works with nightmare anyways. So life goes on and I make my changes, then come time to actually boot the damn thing in hans, I get a black screen. BUT, I only get this black screen after hans is done doing its thing but before the game actually boots (I manage to make it passed the white bar issue that hans sometimes gives). I'll try to hash together a text-based diagram, depicting my steps.

1. Unzip the hack > 2. Delete the first four bytes of the gamedata.bin.lz > 3. Attempt to decompress with batchlz > 4. Fail consistently as Batchlz reports the gamedata.bin.lz is not a compressed file (it only does this if I do any byte deleting)

The above is what happens when I attempt to do it the way I learned to do it the first time, which involves deleting bytes before editing, then replacing afterwards, finally when finished you proceed with the normal process of making a hack for Hans. Below depicts the process I've been trying to do because, unlike the above process, the below process almost works, I don't get stuck on the decompression step.

1. Unzip the hack > 2. Decompress with either batchlz or FEAT without any byte deleting > 3. Make edits to things with nightmare > 4. Save > 5. Recompress the gamedata.bin.lz > 6. Change the first byte to 13 and add 1 to the second byte > 7. Repack everything then Rebuild the romfs > 8. Save as 00179600.bin (NA Conquest cart) > 9. Delete everything down to line 1000 without actually deleting line 1000 > 10. Save as 00179600.romfs

It's been a long time since I've last been here (last current version I monkey'd around with was released in December if that gives any indication) and, apparently, much has changed with this hack lmao. I've been trying to do everything based on my memory but without luck or success. If someone can direct me to a thread where this is resolved, or give me a hand with what I'm doing wrong then that would be the greatest.

Very sorry for the gigantic wall of text, and another sorry if my process is hard to follow, I was trying to be as descriptive as possible but I feel like I achieved the opposite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr