ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch - REVIVAL (WIP)

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

This project is currently being merged with Unofficial Gay Fates on GameBanana. There will be no further updates.
I'll leave the links on until both of the projects are fully merged.

It's been 3 years since the last update of UnassumingVenusaur's amazing FE Gay Patch. The new person managing the patch hasn't been active for 2 years and isn't responding to any messages, the discord invite link isn't working... So yeah, that's where we are right now.
I started putting together and formatting the already written but not implemented support conversations originally for myself but then I thought hey, maybe someone could appreciate this too.

This is NOT a standalone patch. It's fully intended to be used with UnassumingVenusaur's Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch.

I did not write any of these supports and I do not claim any ownership over them. They were written for the purpose of being included in the patch and are still available on UnassumingVenusaur's old tumblr account. Since this was their original purpose, I suppose there is no harm in actually using them but hey, if anyone has any problem let me know and I'll remove the support conversations in question. I included credit/source to every support conversation used in the google doc available below.

As of now there are 218 new support conversations.
198 of these supports were formatted by me, 20 by RefinedNoble who was previously working with me.

Latest release (Ver 1.4): LINK
Optional supports: LINK

Since no one had written fan-supports for these I just took the official supports and switched the pronouns.
For example, Nyx's parent-child support with m!Kana is just her official support conversation with f!Kana, but with switched pronouns.
These supports will be replaced by fan-written ones if anyone would ever write any.
List of included support conversations: LINK (google doc)

How to use this:
1. Download both UnassumingVenusaur's patch and my rar file
2. Unzip UnassumingVenusaur's patch. Choose your preferred mod (Luma. You want Luma.) and your game version (For me it would be Luma > 000400000017A800)
3. Navigate to romfs > m > @U or @E (depends on your version)
4. Copy the content of the @U in my rar file there
4.5 (Optional) Insert any supports from the "Optional supports" link there.
5. Navigate to romfs > GameData
6. Replace the GameData.bin.lz file with the GameData.bin.lz in my rar file
7. Apply the patch as you would normally do

To be fair, I'm not some sort of technical genius and this was done with quantity over quality in mind, so there could be issues with line breaks and such. Also, I did not proofread any of these supports so you could probably expect some typos. If you find a problem please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

And lastly - UnassumingVenusaur, Meikiras or anyone really, if any of you have any problem with me trying to do something with this masterpiece of a patch, please let me know.

10/9/21 28 new supports added; 3 optional supports added
20/8/21 Fixed Azura's supports; 12 new supports added; 12 optional supports added
17/8/21 Fixed broken support conversations, GameData.bin.lz file is now part of the patch

Last edited by AnshiAneko,

Wishkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, can you show me a walkthrough or something on how to download these two mods? these are just super confusing and i'm new to this (i've already downloaded luma)

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
hey, can you show me a walkthrough or something on how to download these two mods? these are just super confusing and i'm new to this (i've already downloaded luma)
How new are we talking? Do you have luma installed? Are you using citra or 3DS? ...If it's citra I'm afraid I can't help you since I've never used it.
If what you're unsure about is applying the mod I'm sure you'll find a tutorial for that if you just search the original (UnassumingVenusaur's) patch's page (if you're not using citra this walkthrough should still be applicable, even though it's a bit old). If you're unsure about how to combine the new conversations with UnassumingVenusaur's patch - there are directions for that in my post. Just copy my files and paste them into UnassumingVenusaur's files (the target folder depends on your game version).

Reactions: Wishkey

Wishkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i’m using my new 3ds xl and luma is already installed. but i’m gonna try the guide! this patch seems really awesome and i’m excited to use it. you’re the best!

Mansad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, do you guys think you'd be able to do a Gunter/M!Corrin S support? (Even a copy of the F!Corrin support would be fine). Also I just wanna say I think it's pretty cool that you're picking up the project where Unassuming Venusaur left off!

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi, do you guys think you'd be able to do a Gunter/M!Corrin S support? (Even a copy of the F!Corrin support would be fine). Also I just wanna say I think it's pretty cool that you're picking up the project where Unassuming Venusaur left off!
Here you go. Just unzip and add these files to the same location you added the rest.
There is no written S support for Gunter and M!Corrin (and I don't trust my written English skills well enough to try to write something myself) so I only copied F!Corrin's and changed the pronouns. ...Which is why it doesn't really connect so well to the rest of M!Corrin's supports with Gunter. Because of that, I won't be adding it to the next release.
(Also have some F!Kana x Gunter PC support. As a treat :D ...Again, I only changed the pronouns.)

Mansad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I kinda have a problem though... When I tried viewing the S support, it just acted like there wasn't any. I'm not sure it installed properly...

Last edited by Mansad,

WaywardPsycho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its awesome to see the revival/extension of this project. Not sure if you can but any chance to add support for the custom characters and bosses from death's and blue's dlcs?

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Its awesome to see the revival/extension of this project. Not sure if you can but any chance to add support for the custom characters and bosses from death's and blue's dlcs?
Sorry, but I'm not confident in my English enough to write any new supports. I'm just converting the ones that were already written for but not included in the original UnassumingVenusaur's patch.
Also to be honest, I'm not sure how to go about the custom dlc characters.

WaywardPsycho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. Reread your post and saw these were already finished just not implemented XD. If you ever decide to try your hand at the custom/boss characters I'll see if I can and a couple of my friends could come up with some supports for those characters.

pastafish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I tried looking everywhere ingame but I cannot find the Izana and Niles support, as well as the Izana Nina support. As such, I think that you might have missed adding it in, or I am a complete dunce. Let me know if it's on my end or not.

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hey, I tried looking everywhere ingame but I cannot find the Izana and Niles support, as well as the Izana Nina support. As such, I think that you might have missed adding it in, or I am a complete dunce. Let me know if it's on my end or not.
That's weird, it should be working. Those supports are definitely included. Do you have any issues with the other supports?

pastafish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, it should be working. Those supports are definitely included. Do you have any issues with the other supports?
So I have been looking into it and most of the supports work perfectly, but there is a trend where some parent conversations and sibling conversations appear to be missing from the support log. In that way, it is similar to the Niles and Izana problem. Bear in mind, I am checking the parent and sibling convos within the global support logs at the record building, as I don't have the children unlocked in my new save. But, I do have Niles and Izana and in the global and local support logs there is no convo between them. Let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote. Thanks for the response.

AnshiAneko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So I have been looking into it and most of the supports work perfectly, but there is a trend where some parent conversations and sibling conversations appear to be missing from the support log. In that way, it is similar to the Niles and Izana problem. Bear in mind, I am checking the parent and sibling convos within the global support logs at the record building, as I don't have the children unlocked in my new save. But, I do have Niles and Izana and in the global and local support logs there is no convo between them. Let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote. Thanks for the response.
The record hall has some sort of issue with the patch. I remember back when I played the game with the original UnassumingVenusaur's patch some supports were unavailable in the record hall even though I just saw them play in the game. I'll try to look into it, but if you're only checking through the record hall I suppose it's the same issue.
Would you please try to rise Niles and Izana's support and see whether their support conversation is really broken somehow?

pastafish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The record hall has some sort of issue with the patch. I remember back when I played the game with the original UnassumingVenusaur's patch some supports were unavailable in the record hall even though I just saw them play in the game. I'll try to look into it, but if you're only checking through the record hall I suppose it's the same issue.
Would you please try to rise Niles and Izana's support and see whether their support conversation is really broken somehow?
Sorry, it’s been a while since you’ve asked but I had couldn’t find much time to sit down and test it out. Overall I have tried all I could and from my testing it seems like the supports conversations just aren’t there for me. However, it must be on my end if it’s fine on yours. Could you send me the files for the conversations between Niles and Izana and Nina and Izana? If I place them in the folder, then that might help.

trei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im making some support myself, the only problem is that I don't have the bgm soundtrack then they don't have music

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone