ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

xTiredx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I'm using HANS. For some reason the supports go straight to "Felicia and Nyx have reached support level C" without any dialogue. How do I fix this?

yutakk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there, I'm using HANS. For some reason the supports go straight to "Felicia and Nyx have reached support level C" without any dialogue. How do I fix this?
That's normal, some supports don't have any implemented convos yet, so all you can do is wait(and if you really want in-game convos, pick the already-implemented ones ;) ).

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They either don't have any supports at the moment, or hans isn't loading the plugin right.
It's most likely HANS since it doesn't do well with fates. You should be using the layeredfs feature from luma.

xTiredx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal, some supports don't have any implemented convos yet, so all you can do is wait(and if you really want in-game convos, pick the already-implemented ones ;) ).

They either don't have any supports at the moment, or hans isn't loading the plugin right.
It's most likely HANS since it doesn't do well with fates. You should be using the layeredfs feature from luma.

Well, it says that Niles and Silas have a support but I don't see it in my game either. I'm new to hacking and installing Soundhax + Hans took me forever

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it says that Niles and Silas have a support but I don't see it in my game either. I'm new to hacking and installing Soundhax + Hans took me forever
Almost no on here uses the HANS method anymore. You should really switch to custom firmware via http://3ds.guide. After doing that, it becomes a lot easier to load the hack. And it'll probably help with the missing suuport options.

Reactions: Dionicio3

xTiredx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost no on here uses the HANS method anymore. You should really switch to custom firmware via http://3ds.guide. After doing that, it becomes a lot easier to load the hack. And it'll probably help with the missing suuport options.

Ok wow that guide looks ridiculously complicated and time-consuming; I'm probably going to break my 3DS trying it. Also the OP says NTR-CFW only works with CQ and BR, meaning my revelations one doesn't work?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being unreasonable, I'm just so new to all of this

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok wow that guide looks ridiculously complicated and time-consuming; I'm probably going to break my 3DS trying it. Also the OP says NTR-CFW only works with CQ and BR, meaning my revelations one doesn't work?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being unreasonable, I'm just so new to all of this
You won't be using NTR CFW after you finish the guide I linked. And you can use any of your save files with the hack.

The guide is not "ridiculously complicated and time consuming". It's a lot easier to install custom firmware now than it ever was before, and not one person has complained of a brick after following the guide. It won't take you long at all to finish it.

Setting up custom firmware = no more launching the Homebrew Launcher, then HANS.
Setting up custom firmware = launching the game with the hack applied directly from your Hoke Menu, with no extra steps to make sure the hack is working (after setting up the files needed on your SD card of course).

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

xTiredx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be using NTR CFW after you finish the guide I linked. And you can use any of your save files with the hack.

The guide is not "ridiculously complicated and time consuming". It's a lot easier to install custom firmware now than it ever was before, and not one person has complained of a brick after following the guide. It won't take you long at all to finish it.

Setting up custom firmware = no more launching the Homebrew Launcher, then HANS.
Setting up custom firmware = launching the game with the hack applied directly from your Hoke Menu, with no extra steps to make sure the hack is working.

Okay, so do I just follow the guide until "Finalizing Setup"? What do I do after that?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CQ (thats my physical cart)
Okay.

1. Make this folder structure on the root of your SD card: SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179600/romfs/.
2. Download the latest version of the hack from the first post and extract it if you haven't already.
3. Navigate to Gay Fates v0.5.1/Gay Fates/v 0.5.1/NTR CFW version/USA Conquest/Conquest and copy both of those folders (GameData and m) to your romfs folder you created in Step 1.
4. Put your SD card back into your system, hold down Select, and turn the system on to enter your Luma settings.
5. Enable "Enable game patching" then save your settings.
6. Launch the game to see if you have the support options.

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

1. Make this folder structure on the root of your SD card: SD:/luma/titles/0004000000179600/romfs/.
2. Download the latest version of the hack from the first post and extract it if you haven't already.
3. Navigate to Gay Fates v0.5.1/Gay Fates/v 0.5.1/NTR CFW version/USA Conquest/Conquest and copy both of those folders (GameData and m) to your romfs folder you created in Step 1.
4. Put your SD card back into your system, hold down Select, and turn the system on to enter your Luma settings.

So is it more or less the same for the physical birthright version?

xTiredx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

EDIT 2: My game still has the same problem; supports aren't loading :(

Last edited by xTiredx,

Karakui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I spend hours digging through folders and tutorials for it to not work: is there a way to apply this to games being run with Citra?

Also, does this directly modify the game cartridge? If I were to play the same cartridge on a different (un-hacked) 3DS, would it play with or without the patch? If the latter, would saves created with the patch be playable on an unhacked DS? What would break if I did so?

Last edited by Karakui,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I spend hours digging through folders and tutorials for it to not work: is there a way to apply this to games being run with Citra?

Also, does this directly modify the game cartridge? If I were to play the same cartridge on a different (un-hacked) 3DS, would it play with or without the patch? If the latter, would saves created with the patch be playable on an unhacked DS? What would break if I did so?
Can't answer the Citra question but:
1) Does not directly modify the cartridge.
2) Without the patch, so you won't get to view any of the conversations you unlocked unless they were in the base game (i.e. M!Corrin & Azura C-S or F!Corrin & Azura C-A, you just won't be able to view the S Rank conversation for the same-sex marriage couples).
3) Yes they're playable.
4) Nothing would break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1