Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the analysis, xist. Did you want to contact SE and ask them if they're okay with the way our tool works, or should I do it?

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gilgamesh_isn__t_convinced____by_nsrsm-d4oz4og.jpg

Are you really sure to ask SE about:
Hey SE we are translating on of your games, we hope it doesn't bother you that we modify and translate it, we will give it all for free so that you don't make any money of it^^

In Germany we have a saying about no waking a sleeping dog, because it can be dangerous.

Sorry don't want to sound rude, but are you really sure it's smart to ask SE something like this

Reactions: Dark Justice X

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm joking. :)

In all seriousness, I appreciate the concern. We're still tweaking all of the tools, and Sky has already gone through several iterations on the merging tools alone. If you have some ideas on how to do it better, I know the team would love to hear them.

But if we're getting into the nitty-gritty of the project, do you mind keeping it to private messages?

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gilgamesh_isn__t_convinced____by_nsrsm-d4oz4og.jpg

Are you really sure to ask SE about:
Hey SE we are translating on of your games, we hope it doesn't bother you that we modify and translate it, we will give it all for free so that you don't make any money of it^^

In Germany we have a saying about no waking a sleeping dog, because it can be dangerous.

Sorry don't want to sound rude, but are you really sure it's smart to ask SE something like this
tried to look up where were you quoting this from but couldnt find and i wont look 35 pages but....

SE gave a C/D to the team that was working on a 3d pc version of chrono trigger before it even came to the ds...

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Forte Gospel
I borrowed that image from page 32

and thank good it was joke, sorry again but the irony is sometimes really hard to get on the internet

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
But if we're getting into the nitty-gritty of the project, do you mind keeping it to private messages?

I'd have PM'd but assumed that anyone involved (Sky especially) would be getting a bucket load of spam anyway so best not add to it. As it stands it's probably not even linkable on this site. I'm no coder myself, but just think that if there was some way to instruct the merging tool where to act upon two separate images that the end user has you'd be on much safer ground, rather than remain a project that can't help but perpetuate copyright infringement.

I appreciate it's a difficult situation but it must be feasible to create a true linker.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PM's are OK by me. On the business:

I honestly don't think releasing some useless files could cause us any problem, you will still need the ISO to grab some files from there (specially the SFO, crucial file for the game to run). Also, I've decided to release the merging files like that, ONLY because it's faster and easy for me, so I can spend more time working on the translation itself. I could have taken much more time, and create tools that would generate a merged ISO from both discs. That would be no more of 5 MB but will most likely take me weeks that I could use to work on he translation tools.

Also, the merging files are not the UMD2 data, they include a merged file system (created from both discs), that, I insist, is useless without the original game.

We appreciate your concern but as core said, we would prefer a private conversation to discuss about this kind of topic, this forum is so cool that we even have multi-user private conversations. Not that I think anything we've done is wrong; but, except for some updates so the translation won't be forgotten (and to prove that we are actually working), we try to keep everything as private as possible, just to avoid unwanted attention. Regards:

~Sky

Dark Justice X

Former Entertainment Guru of Myspace
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those Cheats aren't meant to be super human anyways. It just rises the damage cap from 9999 to 99999, extra Dressing (Swimwear) and so on. Those things aren't available in this game so the consideration was just about that. No infinite health cheat or anything was discussed :)

Yeah but if you raise the damage cap, you're making the game much easier. Since you'll be taking less time to defeat enemies. Just think about how that's going to affect boss battles that are supposed to be epic.... Wouldn't you rather struggle through those battles - as intended - then to blow right through them? If it's easier to beat the enemies, you won't get the same feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment for making it through those battles.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah but if you raise the damage cap, you're making the game much easier. Since you'll be taking less time to defeat enemies. Just think about how that's going to affect boss battles that are supposed to be epic.... Wouldn't you rather struggle through those battles - as intended - then to blow right through them? If it's easier to beat the enemies, you won't get the same feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment for making it through those battles.

If u do 9999 dmg I don't think it's rellevant anymore if u do 10000 dmg or 9999, this cheat is for people who do alot of leveling not for people rushing the game ;) and as said, this topic is under the table and won't be in the game as hard-code.

Back to topic:
@StalkerFenix: if u want to add something like that pls read at least the whole thing. I know it is much, but it was said before there will be nothing like progression-bars. It was clearly said that this is a no-go for this team and respect this pls. There are people like Xist and me, who watch this project since the start (not to mention the team itself). Don't get me wrong, it's ok to bring up ideas, but understand, that we mustn't copy others by adding the progression of the translation and that others asked for this before (that's obvious at this point of progress in the forum itself). This will be released like a bang (how often did I say this now? xD) so be patient :)

Reactions: Intranet

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but if you raise the damage cap, you're making the game much easier
Lifting the damage cap and dealing 99999 damage aren't the same thing.

Damage Limit means you can only do damage up to 9999. Break Damage Limit means doing over 9999 damage. It doesn't mean you will always do 99999 damage; it simply means you can do over 9999 damage. Say, for example, at 126 Strength you can do 12116 damage but Damage Limit limits you to dealing only 9999 damage. Break Damage Limit lets you properly deal 12116 damage.

If you can deal over 9999 already, you might as well.

Reactions: Intranet

Syrous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What you said is true, but if the game developers intended for you to deal a maximum of 9999 damage and you deal 12116 damage consistently you'll be defeating monsters faster than expected, making fights easier. This is altering basic game mechanics, and I agree with Dark Justice X that at the very least it should be up to the player wether they want these changes or not.

Just my 2 gil.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.

Kyle_Zan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What you said is true, but if the game developers intended you to deal a maximum of 9999 damage and you deal 12116 damage consistently you'll be defeating monsters faster than intended, making fights easier. This is altering basic game mechanics, and I agree with Dark Justice X that at the very least it should be up to the player wether he wants these changes or not.

Just my 2 gil.

I agree with this one, say a monster has an HP of 12000, breaking the damage limit will make it a one hit KO (assuming your already dealing damage beyond 12000), instead of having to hit the monster twice because the damage cap is 9999. This just depends on the player if they like it that way. Better be not hardcoded. I'm a purist myself, if SE did it that way then i'll pretty much embrace it. Plus damage cap lets you enjoy the game more. You're likely to wish the removal of the damage cap if you already finished the game and just playing it again for completion purposes other than the main story. Think of it as an unlockable after beating the game.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I agree with this one, say a monster has an HP of 12000, breaking the damage limit will make it a one hit KO (assuming your already dealing damage beyond 12000), instead of having to hit the monster twice because the damage cap is 9999. This just depends on the player if they like it that way. Better be not hardcoded. I'm a purist myself, if SE did it that way then i'll pretty much embrace it. Plus damage cap lets you enjoy the game more. You're likely to wish the removal of the damage cap if you already finished the game and just playing it again for completion purposes other than the main story. Think of it as an unlockable after beating the game.

It's unlikely to deal that much damage at that time^^
And as said... why don't people get it...
It won't be hard coded.
So pls stop the "cheat talk".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1