ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Removing the shield and Einherjar marks from a logbook avatar will give you what you want. Or copying the last section of another avatar's block but that gets complicated. Keep in mind that the first way gives you a mute avatar which is fixable by manually hex editing the value for the avatar's voice. 00, 01 and 02 are legal values I think.
Could you please elaborate on the "copying the last section of another avatar's block" part? So far I've tried capturing a generic unit, and then do a copy/paste of the entire Avatar's block (since idk where the last part you're talking about starts) but at that point FEFTwiddler won't open the file anymore, so I must be doing something wrong. Weird, since I'm doing the exact same thing I did to get both Kannas, and that time it worked...

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.11.0 is released! https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.11.0

Release notes:

I added a convoy editor to FEFTwiddler because why not, most of the backend work was done already anyway! It was a fun use of a Saturday afternoon.

* Add: A new convoy editor tab, done from the get-go. In case you need a safe place to store all your ill-gotten stat boosters and enemy-only weapons!
* Known issue: Saves take about two extra seconds to load. I might fix this by moving the Convoy editor to a separate window if a lot of people complain about it; any other ways to speed it up would be a lot of work. It shouldn't be a big deal though.
* Note: This release contains no extra bug fixes that weren't in 0.10.1 that I can recall.

Attachments

• convoy.jpg
    convoy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 416
Reactions: Chaos8425

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I load a save i get this error. It has never happened before.

Attachments

• capture image1.png
    capture image1.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 295

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you have a 35 where it doesn't belong. Probably in forges or something.

I'll figure out some sort of solution tomorrow (the solution will probably be to disable the convoy editor).

Reactions: C02

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you have a 35 where it doesn't belong. Probably in forges or something.

I'll figure out some sort of solution tomorrow (the solution will probably be to disable the convoy editor).
Hey, this is a wnderful editor. I just wanted to ask if any of these features are feasable for a future release! I wanted to know if you could add an all supports unlocked feature, so we don't need to grind for that and we can pick which supports we want to have, as well as an add all DLC classes to heart seals, which is a very easy change to make (just change a certain value to FF FF FF, I can't recall its exact location) Thanks!

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this is a wnderful editor. I just wanted to ask if any of these features are feasable for a future release! I wanted to know if you could add an all supports unlocked feature, so we don't need to grind for that and we can pick which supports we want to have, as well as an add all DLC classes to heart seals, which is a very easy change to make (just change a certain value to FF FF FF, I can't recall its exact location) Thanks!
The only thing I can tell you about that is that I think he said that all supports (not on the global file) unlocked would be too complicated or something like that.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can tell you about that is that I think he said that all supports (not on the global file) unlocked would be too complicated or something like that.
Alright, that makes sense. He doesn't know which characters we all have, and that would probably be hard to find. The second thing would be ridiculously easy, a non coder like myself could do it on characters, it's just tedious to do it on all of them...

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that makes sense. He doesn't know which characters we all have, and that would probably be hard to find. The second thing would be ridiculously easy, a non coder like myself could do it on characters, it's just tedious to do it on all of them...
Yeah, it's easy enough, but I think in the European version I saw something called a parallel seal that had all of the dlc classes (or maybe I misread it on the video idk).

smasssh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to change generic units' portraits? I've been trying to turn my Troubadour's portrait into the Maid's, since the game normally keeps it the same after promoting.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a source of what items can be moved around and traded and what can't?

For xample Gauntlet (faceless weapon) and Bolverk (which, contrary to it's discription, is not Ganon exclusive) can be moved around.

However, Astral Breath, Dark Breath, The amiibo weapons and MAYBE Astral Blessing cannot be moved.

Just because it's a tedious chore to test each enemy item out.

Poketostorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for someone else to help me extract my save? I need to delete a few skills (didn't know some of them were exclusive to some characters), but I can't get Homebrew working since most of the more accessible methods don't work anymore.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible for someone else to help me extract my save? I need to delete a few skills (didn't know some of them were exclusive to some characters), but I can't get Homebrew working since most of the more accessible methods don't work anymore.
What do you mean you can't get Homebrew working? How did you usually access Homebrew?
Do you have a custom firmware or not? If you have a custom firmware (like emuNAND) just install the Homebrew Launcher .cia

Poketostorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean you can't get Homebrew working? How did you usually access Homebrew?
Do you have a custom firmware or not? If you have a custom firmware (like emuNAND) just install the Homebrew Launcher .cia
This is my first time trying to use Homebrew, and I'm currently on 10.7.0-32U, so there aren't any methods to install Homebrew for the first time (I think) without Linux or Powersaves.
What's custom firmware? (sorry, I'm a total noob to this modding/editing stuff; I just want to get rid of those skills from my file and delete Homebrew after I'm done)

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's odd.. Charlotte died literally a turn after I recruited her(Lunatic!Classic is really a pain) and she's nowhere to be seen when I load my save in the editor. Was she supposed to survive the entire chapter first?
Units are not added to your party until you clear the chapter, so if she died as soon as you got her, as far as the game is concerned, you didn't get anything.
Should've brought a Bïfrost.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
This is my first time trying to use Homebrew, and I'm currently on 10.7.0-32U, so there aren't any methods to install Homebrew for the first time (I think) without Linux or Powersaves.
What's custom firmware? (sorry, I'm a total noob to this modding/editing stuff; I just want to get rid of those skills from my file and delete Homebrew after I'm done)
Just curious but, if this is your first time trying to use Homebrew, then how did you previously add those character-exclusive skills you now want to delete? :o

Anyway, yeah, your only options are either:
- getting a custom firmware (this means getting your 3ds hardmodded by someone who can do it, downgrade your firmware to 9.2, and install emuNAND. pretty complicated but worth it)
- buying a powersaves and the other stuff that's needed (i think ocarina of time 3D is needed, too)
the easiest option is the second one. as far as i know, you can't extract your save without homebrew, so that's the only way.

the third option would be to meet irl someone who has a homebrewed 3ds and asking them to extract your save... but that seems too much trouble imo. (unless you already know someone like that)
Is it really worth it? You could just start a new save file instead.

Poketostorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious but, if this is your first time trying to use Homebrew, then how did you previously add those character-exclusive skills you now want to delete? :o

Anyway, yeah, your only options are either:
- getting a custom firmware (this means getting your 3ds hardmodded by someone who can do it, downgrade your firmware to 9.2, and install emuNAND. pretty complicated but worth it)
- buying a powersaves and the other stuff that's needed (i think ocarina of time 3D is needed, too)
the easiest option is the second one. as far as i know, you can't extract your save without homebrew, so that's the only way.

the third option would be to meet irl someone who has a homebrewed 3ds and asking them to extract your save... but that seems too much trouble imo. Is it really worth it? You could just start a new save file instead.
Oh, I purchased them off of people online since I finished the game. I didn't think that there would be illegal skills (i.e: I purchased Dragon Fang for Kaze because I thought it'd be funny). It bothers me that they're in my skills list, even if I don't equip them.
I actually did have a backup save, but I deleted it because it was for something else (like marriage or reclassing for something)...
I don't really like deleting files I've invested a lot of time in :T
I just want to delete:
  • Profiteer from Hinoka
  • Trample and Lifetaker from Silas (not available in Hoshido) - also Sol, I guess, but that's not much of an issue since I can just reclass him
  • Aptitude from Hana
  • Dragon Fang from Kaze
  • Dragon Fang, Hosidan Unity, and Aptitude from Midori (I also need to add a skill to her because she inherited Dragon Fang from Kaze... derp)
  • Aptitude from Azura
  • Draconic Hex and Aptitude from Avatar (Draconic Hex not available to Hoshidan Princes)
  • Profiteer from Mozu
I'm not shadowbanned, though, so I guess that's a plus.

Last edited by Poketostorm,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I purchased them off of people online since I finished the game. I didn't think that there would be illegal skills (i.e: I purchased Dragon Fang for Kaze because I thought it'd be funny). It bothers me that they're in my skills list, even if I don't equip them.
I actually did have a backup save, but I deleted it because it was for something else (like marriage or reclassing for something)...
I don't really like deleting files I've invested a lot of time in :T
Mostly, I just want to delete Aptitude/Profiteer off of a few characters and Dragon Fang off of Kaze and his child. ;-;
I'm not shadowbanned, though, so I guess that's a plus.
Ahh I see. Well, simply don't equip them and you should be good, I think.
I know it bothers you anyway, but your only other options are the ones I listed, and I think they're not worth it just to delete some skills. Only invest money and time in this stuff if you're going to use a custom firmware/homebrewed 3ds/etc to its full potential, or else it's probably wasted money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @SylverReZ, Oh yeah, arguably doing better than ever. They're releasing new sets constantly for it