Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Lord Coolman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Get Gryzor instead of Contra, it has cutscenes. Heck, a lot of games were better on japanese.
Gryzor+(J)_019.png

Reactions: Hielkenator

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyway you just need to change the line 1086 in menu.cpp
Code:
preview.SetScale(225.0f / width);
to something like
Code:
preview.SetScale(min(225.0f / width, 160.0f / height) );

probably it is not 170... it should be the height of the rectangle to display the image (here it would be 225x160)

Thank you cebolleto. I'll look into it to see what value displays the best sized covers.

I want to ask you regarding the settings.xml file issue. I saw an error on the preferences file. I don't have the code line number. But the gcsettings folder for the screenshots is duplicated with the cheats one. However I tried changing it an the FCEUGX froze on me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this for Wii, WiiU, or both? Also, is the WiiU Pro controller support only for WiiU? I apologize if these are "dumb" questions.
The emulator is for the wii (I have not tried it on the wiiu). However it CAN use the wiiupro controller.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you cebolleto. I'll look into it to see what value displays the best sized covers.

I want to ask you regarding the settings.xml file issue. I saw an error on the preferences file. I don't have the code line number. But the gcsettings folder for the screenshots is duplicated with the cheats one. However I tried changing it an the FCEUGX froze on me.

The emulator is for the wii (I have not tried it on the wiiu). However it CAN use the wiiupro controller.

Any update on your changes?

Reactions: sindrik

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i've updated the files, it no longer creates dummy files on the screenshots folder also thanks to cebolleto's advice it now displays both covers and screenshots centered within the border background

Reactions: ngs428 and sindrik

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've updated the files, it no longer creates dummy files on the screenshots folder also thanks to cebolleto's advice it now displays both covers and screenshots centered within the border background

Great! I will give it a try!

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It works so good.
Thanks

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bug: if it finds a settings.xml in a folder called FCEUGX, it will use that instead of its own settings.xml. This makes it so i can't use multiple FCEUGX

Last edited by sindrik,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sindrik, does the 3.3.5 version only reads the settings file from the SD:/FCEUGX folder?
i don’t think it's a bug since I did not change anything from the settings.xml access route, otherwise the 3.3.5 file app would read it's own settings from it's own folder.
What I mean is since both versions (mine and 3.3.5) are based from 3.3.4, i assume that both use the same settings access priority, first SD:/FCEUGX and then SD:/APPS/FCEUGX

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cannot get your mods to work.
Have the screenshots folder like this sd:/fceugx/screenshots
PNG file is aved correctly but not showing in the gui.
Also after a while the emulator locks up, having the restart my Wii.

Same for your Snesgx build , AWESOME WORK on the scanline filter!
Is this possible for the FCEUGX build also?

Can you help me?

Get Gryzor instead of Contra, it has cutscenes. Heck, a lot of games were better on japanese.
Gryzor+(J)_019.png
Agreed, so many UNCENSORED and UNALTERED gems!

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I cannot get your mods to work.
Have the screenshots folder like this sd:/fceugx/screenshots
PNG file is aved correctly but not showing in the gui.
Also after a while the emulator locks up, having the restart my Wii

Hi Hiel

Have you checked the settings and made sure the screenshot folder is selected?

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sindrik, does the 3.3.5 version only reads the settings file from the SD:/FCEUGX folder?
i don’t think it's a bug since I did not change anything from the settings.xml access route, otherwise the 3.3.5 file app would read it's own settings from it's own folder.
What I mean is since both versions (mine and 3.3.5) are based from 3.3.4, i assume that both use the same settings access priority, first SD:/FCEUGX and then SD:/APPS/FCEUGX
3.3.5 reads its own xml file, and your 3.3.4 mod will too, BUT only if there isn't a folder named specifically "fceugx" in the apps folder. 3.3.5 doesn't do the same if exchanged, for example

Last edited by sindrik,

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works perfect. For those having trouble getting the images to show correctly the image should be .png, image size should be 256x240 and image should be named same as the game ex...

fceugx\roms\contra.nes = game
fceugx\covers\contra.png = cover

Last step is load up the program on the wii,go to settings and pick the folder/directory where you have the games and covers so the wii can find them =

sd:\fceugx\roms
sd:\fceugx\covers

smcck4.jpg

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Hiel

Have you checked the settings and made sure the screenshot folder is selected?
Thank you for your reply.

I am using the screenshot function from your build to get the screenshots.
They are saved correctly in the pointed folder.

The preview image is not shown however.
The size of the image is 512 x 480 and size is 8,15 Kb.

Could it be that I am using my Wii in 4:3 mode?

deblon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think is a bug because i din't change anything and the last version work but with the large cover problem.I use 4 different folder like 2d, 3d, cart, etc, and went I put the 2d folder in, it doesn't show but the others do. Another bug I found I think is that went I'm writing the folders name like 100 random character appear, like 49ddhh79%% f%% on and on. Hope I help

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is a bug because i din't change anything and the last version work but with the large cover problem.I use 4 different folder like 2d, 3d, cart, etc, and went I put the 2d folder in, it doesn't show but the others do. Another bug I found I think is that went I'm writing the folders name like 100 random character appear, like 49ddhh79%% f%% on and on. Hope I help

The writing of the folder issue is not just in this release. It is present in the unmodded version. Just delete the garbage and type what you need.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
3.3.5 reads its own xml file, and your 3.3.4 mod will too, BUT only if there isn't a folder named specifically "fceugx" in the apps folder. 3.3.5 doesn't do the same if exchanged, for example

I'm assuming the 3.3.5 mod is the Chinese mod. If so, I couldn't find the source code, so I don't know what changes they did. Like in this case if they changed the xml file access.
If the 3.3.5 does read it own xml. Couldn't you just delete the sd:/fceugx xml file. So both emus work with there own xml file?

Could it be that I am using my Wii in 4:3 mode?

I don't think so. But I can check to see if anything changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y