Compilation of plugins & apps for Aroma

tsvx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible that swipswapme could display both screens on tv for wii u games in future? something like ds vc or ntrview

and another plugin for games that are only playable with gamepad like splatoon online so that it could be played with pro controller

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could a plugin automatically back up save files to the cloud (like the Switch does)? It would be an incredible feature to have.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, does wiivclaunch from github means that injected wii and gamecube games will now output to 480p on TV via hdmi, then your TV/hdmi receiver will upscale to 1080p or 4K?

as oppose to, the Wii U upscales them from 480p to 1080p internally, then your tv either displays as 1080p or again upscales to 4k?

edit: tagging @Lynx64 since they appear to be the creator of the plugin

Last edited by grandosegood,

DAS777

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Thanks to all peoples involved on this features to improve the role on wiiu of each user of this consolé, thanks guys

Lynx64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, does wiivclaunch from github means that injected wii and gamecube games will now output to 480p on TV via hdmi, then your TV/hdmi receiver will upscale to 1080p or 4K?

as oppose to, the Wii U upscales them from 480p to 1080p internally, then your tv either displays as 1080p or again upscales to 4k?

edit: tagging @Lynx64 since they appear to be the creator of the plugin
Yes

Reactions: grandosegood

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two plugins suggestion :

Enable usb ports with wiivc injects for playing wiimmfi with usb ethernet adapter on wii u.

Display gamepad and tv screen at the same time on tv with splitscreen, control gamepad stuffs with pro controller instead of touchscreen, and switch from a screen to other by pressing combination buttons, for games that requires gamepad like Lego City, Batman Arkham City, Epic Mickey 2, Deus Ex.

I don't know if it's possible but it would be amazing.

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Two plugins suggestion :

Enable usb ports with wiivc injects for playing wiimmfi with usb ethernet adapter on wii u.

Display gamepad and tv screen at the same time on tv with splitscreen, control gamepad stuffs with pro controller instead of touchscreen, and switch from a screen to other by pressing combination buttons, for games that requires gamepad like Lego City, Batman Arkham City, Epic Mickey 2, Deus Ex.

I don't know if it's possible but it would be amazing.
switch from a screen to other by pressing combination buttons already exist, https://github.com/wiiu-env/SwipSwapMe

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I compile a plugin?
Post automatically merged:

I’ve installed Fangals Better settings app but I can’t find where those settings are?
Is the Settings App
Post automatically merged:

I want to compile the WiiVC plugin.

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The better settings plugin doesn't create a new settings menu, it's just the console's default settings menu with a few teaks, like being able to use a Wii U pro controller.

I can swear that I read that the better settings allowed you to mirror the gamepad on the TV screen. But I can't find any of those settings

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I can swear that I read that the better settings allowed you to mirror the gamepad on the TV screen. But I can't find any of those settings
better settings miror the gamepad on tv, but only for the settings menu. The plugin is to change settings without the need of a gamepad.

Reactions: Blythe93

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm wishing for this: A patch/plugin that mirror the Gamepad Screen on the TV directly at startup of the wiiU whithout stuped round icons screen saying what you did yesterday or giving advices
Also when you go inside the settings, that it is possible to change parameters with tv screen and wiimotes like KeinesR said! Do you believe you would be able under windows to go in the parameters of windows with a keyboard but not a mouse??
This is the most Stupid thing dumb NINTENDO ever did!!
I'd rather prefer a kind of patch because everything that stays in the wiiU memory can conflict with anything.
Can SwipSwapMe (https://github.com/wiiu-env/SwipSwapMe) help with that?

ArgoRV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a new plugin for ya: Close/Restart Game.
Restart or close a game from the plugin config menu, even while the HOME Menu is inaccessible.
https://github.com/Lynx64/CloseRestartGamePlugin
@Lynx64 is it possible to improve this for exit by pressing a specific combination of buttons from inside the game without entering the Home menu ?

I remember games like Humanitary Helicopter can exit to wiiu menu straight from the game itself with "exit game" , i think minecraft also has that feature. Is it possible to adapt that command into a gamepad combo ?

Last edited by ArgoRV,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it possible to improve this for exit by pressing a specific combination of buttons from inside the game without entering the wiiu menu ?
With the Wii U Plugin menu one hooks into CafeOS API functions, running custom code there while the game does normal API calls.

So the simplest solution to this might probably to just hook into the input reading function(s, depending on the controllers used), then check for a button combo and react to it before the game itself processes the input.
Pro: That's simple and fast to implement with probably under 10 lines of code, so just a very small possible bug surface.
Contra: The plugin could only check for the button combo when the game wants to read the input. This might not always be the case (loading screens, for example), so the plugin might no longer work everywhere.

Another solution could be to hook into the game loading, starting a new thread there which processes the input completely independent of the game.
Pro: As said this would be independent of the game reading input, so would work even if the game froze (as long as CafeOS is still processing threads).
Contra: There can't be two codes asking CafeOS for input so this independent button combo checking thread should save the input values to RAM. Then the CafeOS API function to read the input should be completely replaced (that's possible with the plugin system) with a custom function just passing the saved RAM values to the game. This might cause input lag if not done correctly and might not be as simple as it sounds through, so needs a lot of clever coding, opening up a larger bug surface.

Note that I won't code any of this through. Just trying to brainstorm with you guys about what could be done.

//EDIT: Thinking more about this the first solution might be good enough and not reduce the working area of the plugin as it is now cause the wii u plugin config menu itself is dependant on the running app/game reading input. It's also dependant on the game/app running with a fixed framerate (ever tried to use the menu while NUSspli or some other app not drawing with a fixed framerate is running?) but that's another story.

//EDIT²: Looking at the readme of the plugin:
Also adds a button shortcut to close or restart to the HOME Menu.
So are you just requesting a feature that's implemented already? Let me check the codes... Yes, looks like you need to press X for the period of at least 60 frames to restart the game or less than 60 frames to close it. Both needs you to enable that function in settings first and how long 60 frames are hardly depends on the game (probably one second for many games (running at 60 FPS), 2 seconds for others (running at 30 FPS), 3 seconds for Nintendo 64 injects and some other stuff (running at 20 FPS), hours to days or even years for apps like NUSspli (don't draw with a fixed FPS but on demand).

//EDIT³: These plugins codes are so messy (why use OSDynload when WUPS/WUT did everything already so you can just call the functions directly, for example?) but it looks like FPS aren't FPS for them. What they call FPS is actually ICPS (input calls per second). Apps like NUSspli are indeed processing input at a fixed rate (and use this to decide if a new frame needs to get drawn), so the plugin should also work fine there.

//EDIT4: And I just found a minor bug in these messy codes: You can shorten the times by using multiple wii motes. So pressing X on two motes reduces the time from 60 to 30 ICPS. Pressing on 3 motes shorts it to 20 ICPS and so on...

//EDIT5: I just must give an example of these messy codes. So look at this:
https://github.com/Lynx64/CloseRestartGamePlugin/blob/v0.1/src/main.cpp#L61-L67
This codeblock could be replaced with a simple SYSLaunchMenu(); or even better: Removing that whole function and calling SYSLaunchMenu() directly at the codepoints that function gets called now. Don't believe me? Then look at this as there it's done exactly as I told it could be done:
https://github.com/Lynx64/CloseRestartGamePlugin/blob/v0.1/src/config.cpp#L149
...So the plugin isn't even consistent about what way to call a simple cafeOS function...

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Blythe93

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

@taz26 Hi, sorry, this has nothing to do with what I were wishing...I wanted the Gamepad Screen on the TV directly at startup of the wiiU to be the same like the wii.​

By the way, anyone knows a way to convert from loadiine format to WUP format?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto