Hacking Exclusive M3 DS REAL Review by AhTin

berniethumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the subject of micro SD High Capacity cards, does anyone know which ones were tested when the system was being developed? That brand would usually work the best. Does it require Class 4 or higher, so will the class 2 cards be just as fast?

I saw that you can buy a few different brands that are half as much as the SanDisk ones that are sold at the website that I bought my M3 Real from. I would check out Ebay for the best deals.

I think this one will be good http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do...s&news_seq=3698

but not expect out til mid-08. For now, 6 GB is the largest that I can find.

I just preordered my M3Real tonight.
yaynds.gif

berniethumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered mine from kickgaming.com. They came out to be $2 more expensive than Gameyeeeah but Kickgaming takes my crappy discover card and paypal. Gameyeeeah only takes visa or mc?! There was another site I remembered being in the running too. It was a Canadian company that had stars all over their background, but they didn't take my card either. Winsunx is another good site, but they are Chinese which makes shipping a bit more.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When since did Gameyeeeah not take PayPal?

"We are support Paypal, Paydollar, Google Checkout at the moment.
On the payment page, there are only paypal and paydollar available to selected. "

Google checkout saves you 10 dollars on first try doesn't it
tongue.gif
?

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
4saken's Plan B is my Plan A!

Anyways, the M3 Real doesn't seem to offer anything too revolutionary IMO. I do like the bundle though, seems to be the most bang for your buck.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4saken's Plan B is my Plan A!

Anyways, the M3 Real doesn't seem to offer anything too revolutionary IMO. I do like the bundle though, seems to be the most bang for your buck.

Actually I just forgot about Plan B and went to Plan C - buy it at gameyeeeah using these gbatemp coupon codes (which have actually been leeched onto like a million other sites already). Problem now is that I didn't let it direct me back the website; so my order has not been registered :X shit

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo. I'm gonna step out here and look like a gigantic noob, but anyway! I've never had a flashcard, always wanted one. Been waiting for a single solution that plays DS and GBA games rather easily, and this M3DSR seems like a winner to me if I understand it correctly.

My plan is to buy the thing and get a nice 2 or 4gb microSD card separately. Now this page here: http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3ds-real-rumble...pack-p-812.html
seems to be the page I want. It says it comes with the Rumble Ram Pack, which I assume is a single slot 2 piece of hardware that both rumbles and has the ram expansion (which allows for GBA games right?). However it seems other packages on the site have them as 2 separate bits. That's causing me a bit of confusion. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated!
wub.gif
bow.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Rumble RAM does not allow for GBA games. It is a single slot 2 device. You want the Perfect bundle (Has both the GBA and Rumble RAM packs)

scoopbls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Perfect bundle (both the GBA and Rumble RAM packs)
I got a 4GB HCSD Micro. I have the roms, I copied the roms to the root dir. I tried putting them in a NDS folder too...
Both times I got a message saying

------------------------------
[LANGUAGE ENGLISH]

No system file found!
put system file in
------------------------------

Please help?! I am new to this...
cry.gif

The instructions as I expected are not good at all (just the back of the box). But if this works it's a cool device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Drackel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you DL the new M3 DS Real loader v2.5 beta and moved them files to the card?

Them are the system files that should have the need files to make the cart work. I know they work, as I use them on my G6 Real
smile.gif

scoopbls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you DL the new M3 DS Real loader v2.5 beta and moved them files to the card?

Them are the system files that should have the need files to make the cart work. I know they work, as I use them on my G6 Real
smile.gif

No I have not, I will try that and update. Do you know what dir I should put the roms in. For the NDS roms and teh GBA roms? I am just to new to this all...

scoopbls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I have not, I will try that and update. Do you know what dir I should put the roms in. For the NDS roms and teh GBA roms? I am just to new to this all...

NDS games in "nds" folder, GBA games in "gba" folder.

That worked, Thanks a lot! I love this device! Amazing
smile.gif

Just so you know the Micro HCSD clicks in, and clicks out of the M3DSR so you can leave the M3DSR in the NDS all the time when swapping Roms. 4GB is big enough though..
The M3DSR also clicks in and out of the NDS, like a game, but that is not as smooth as a game. It does "lock" in and needs to be pressed in to be able to be pulled out of the NDS, the spring action on the way out is not so great. Well mines not.

MrGoomba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the GBA Expansion.

Does it allow you to save directly to the MicroSD instead of the battery? Either by an option or button combination? The EZ Flash V 3 in 1 Expansion doesnt, and this is a deal breaker for me. Anyone know?

scoopbls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the GBA Expansion.

Does it allow you to save directly to the MicroSD instead of the battery?  Either by an option or button combination?  The EZ Flash V 3 in 1 Expansion doesnt, and this is a deal breaker for me.  Anyone know?

Game saves go directly onto the Transflash Micro SD(HC) for sure.

I have tested it. The all go in to the same NDS and GBA folder respectively for playing a NDS and GBA game
The save game file has a different ext to the rom *.nds *.gba. so you will know.

When you save a game, in fact when you start a lot of games for the first time. It says save file not found creating save file etc. I looked after and found these files on the SD(HC)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
scoopbls - you sure you understand exactly what he is saying?
it's obvious that the saves are stored on microsd, but he is asking whether the saves are backed up to microsd from the battery on reboot, or directly written to microsd during gameplay...

then again you might have understood it perfectly, wherby i will apologise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol