Hacking Exclusive M3 DS REAL Review by AhTin

ChronosXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the M3 Team is ditching the R4 clone and launching this Slot-1 + Slot-2 solution? Did I get it right?

Yes, and they're replacing it with a clone of the new R4 design coupled with an ezflash 3-in-1.
huh.gif

I like the glossy coat, though.

Oh, and it doesn't seem to mention a RAM expansion.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a ton ahtin, answered pretty much all of my questions (a lot of things were lost in the google translation
smile.gif
, and let's just say my Chinese is very limited when it comes to DS lingo). Sounds like a great cart!

I don't see what you are complaining about 4saken, pretty much all flash carts can't have the MicroSD card taken out, only the R4 and M3DS Simply could do what you want, and the new batches don't even have a spring anymore...

Not complaining, Urza said it should be possible so we wouldn't need to remove the card from the DS in case it does not fit well (because of the clips - same thing as G6DS)

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't seem to compare to the Acekard or the R4 in any way, or rather, offers nothing I couldn't get with another card and the GUI makes it a no buy for me.

BellySM

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My girlfriend returned today from a short trip to Hong Kong and brought me the M3DS Real instead of R4 (I've got the slot2 M3 Perfect). She (is Chinese) was told by the salesman that this adapter is far more better than the R4. According to this posting here, this is true, but I've got the Chinese version
wacko.gif
with everything in Chinese. Can I change this to English later on, when the English version is released?

B.T.W. it took some time to figure out that the (unpatched) games have to be placed in 'NDS' folder on your MicroSD card to make it work.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My girlfriend returned today from a short trip to Hong Kong and brought me the M3DS Real instead of R4 (I've got the slot2 M3 Perfect). She (is Chinese) was told by the salesman that this adapter is far more better than the R4. According to this posting here, this is true, but I've got the Chinese versionÂ
wacko.gif
 with everything in Chinese. Can I change this to English later on, when the English version is released?

B.T.W. it took some time to figure out that the (unpatched) games have to be placed in 'NDS' folder on your MicroSD card to make it work.
Well, there is a possibility however it is unsure. In the case of the R4/M3 DS simply it was just a simple task of connecting two pads together or removing the solder between them to change language (in older versions). With this new unit I doubt they've made it as simple. Don't have one yet so can't say anything about it (haha, you could come over to my place and I could check
tongue.gif
).

BellySM

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well, there is a possibility however it is unsure. In the case of the R4/M3 DS simply it was just a simple task of connecting two pads together or removing the solder between them to change language (in older versions). With this new unit I doubt they've made it as simple. Don't have one yet so can't say anything about it (haha, you could come over to my place and I could check
tongue.gif
).

I remembered that there was that possibility with the R4/M3 Simply indeed
grog.gif
It's just that this M3DSR still needs little bit more steps to play NDS games if compared to R4/M3 Simply, considering I'm 'up/downgrading' from the slot2 M3 Perfect situation... (in fact nothing is changed, besides SDHC support) and this adapter was intended for use for my girlfriend.

[offtopic]
The fact that this is a chinese version is not really a problem for me being Dutch but still know some 'karaoke-chinese'
rolleyes.gif
but merely a problem for my dutch-born-chinese girfriend who don't know a chinese sh*t at all!!
wub.gif

[/offtopic]

Overall this M3DSR looks great with a few new features compared to M3 Simply (she payed also almost same price as for a M3 Simply/M4) but the menu's make it look like much complicated for just playing a game. Maybe future updates should offer a 'Simply' mode since the Simply is replaced by the Real...

Modulok81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hm noen has mentioned the "ingame options". thats for me the real improvement, because you can slow down nds games with it and in future it will maybe support RealTimeSave for NDS games.

This is a feature I am waitung so lang for, because I love tosave wherever I want and not only at fixed save points...

As far as I know, these in game functions are otherwise only supported by the cyclo ds revolution...

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My girlfriend returned today from a short trip to Hong Kong and brought me the M3DS Real instead of R4 (I've got the slot2 M3 Perfect). She (is Chinese) was told by the salesman that this adapter is far more better than the R4. According to this posting here, this is true, but I've got the Chinese versionÂ
wacko.gif

No official way that run a english kernel at chinese M3DSR

have you got the rumble pak together with your M3DSR? some bad shops only give you the M3DSR and rumble pak will sell to others as OEM
lecture.gif

BellySM

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, unfortunately she wasn't sold the de adapter with the rumble. I think it wasn't a good store unit there where she bought it from, because you can se that my girlfriend is not Chinese, but they sold her the M3 Real and a Chinese R4 adapter.

For playing GBA games with the M3 Real, slot2 needs to be occupied with an extra, holding some ram. Because I was 'upgrading' from a M3 Perfect situation, I've been able to test and confirm this for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol