Hacking EVO3ds: Possible new flashcart for 3DS games?

It's EVo3ds the new flashcart of the Gateway team?

• Yes

Votes: 85 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • NA

Votes: 37 18.3%

• Total voters

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it a possibility the Gateway beta test for 2.0 final has started a few days after their announcement the 25th of february, one of the beta testers used the final to create a card, which now shows up as Evo3DS?

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is it a possibility the Gateway beta test for 2.0 final has started a few days after their announcement the 25th of february, one of the beta testers used the final to create a card, which now shows up as Evo3DS?

Well if gateway actually said something insted of being silent since a month ago everything would be so much easier.

Reactions: Carl Rivest

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I hope they show themselves this weekend as it's usually in the weekend or a tuesday they post something.
I really don't think that any beta testers got anything now. We have at least two real beta testers here (one is Devin) and some other users which got a confirmation that they can be beta testers for the next firmware (me included).

/edit
This topic is still about the EVO3DS and not about Gateway. Please stay on topic.

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't think that any beta testers got anything now. We have at least two real beta testers here (one is Devin) and some other users which got a confirmation that they can be beta testers for the next firmware (me included).

/edit
This topic is still about the EVO3DS and not about Gateway. Please stay on topic.

Quite a dissapointment to hear that, but i'll keep hoping they did send it to some beta-testers. What kind of confirmation did you get?

Edit : Oops, quoted you before the edit! I'll be ontopic again, after this.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Evo turns out to be real, think I'll bite, regardless of if it's Gateway or not. Got multiple flashcards anyway for other systems, so what's another :D.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quite a dissapointment to hear that, but i'll keep hoping they did send it to some beta-testers. What kind of confirmation did you get?
Since you asked me:
Betatesting.jpg

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyways, is there any news about the Evo3DS being in stock anywhere at the moment at all?
They don't even have a contact mail yet.
If Evo turns out to be real, think I'll bite, regardless of if it's Gateway or not. Got multiple flashcards anyway for other systems, so what's another :D.
I'll get one, too. Although I'll try to get a review sample :D

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The

/edit

Do you have received anything yet? Do you have faith in the new firmware if they sent it to you as a betatester?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have received anything yet? Do you have faith in the new firmware if they sent it to you as a betatester?
Only the confirmation that I can be a betatester. I'd even use 2.0B2 if I had no MT-Card but probably I'd set my system date back.

/edit and again I ask whether we can return to the topic of this threat.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes understand. my last question about this in this topic about evo :) Why set date back?
Because one of the "triggers" for the bricking code is that a special date must be reached. I don't know if it "avoids" the bricking code since it's a bug for normal GW users but it's probably at least a bit more safe than using 2.0B2 as it is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Because one of the "triggers" for the bricking code is that a special date must be reached. I don't know if it "avoids" the bricking code since it's a bug for normal GW users but it's probably at least a bit more safe than using 2.0B2 as it is.
well when i freshly formatted my card and set up everything fresh it took a lot longer to brick even running diagnostics, so the suspected triggers i.e things you should avoid would be having a load of junk files on your SD card.
make sure your card is freshly formatted
and in particular don't store any other launcher files on the root of the card as some dev's said the brick code just checks the first file beginning with "L" on the root of the card and not the actual launcher.dat file in use

again not sure if these tips will help but better to follow any advice that "may" avoid any issues :D

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout