Epic Mickey 2 3DS is a follow-up to Mega Drive game Castle of Illusion

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow the screenshot is just so beautiful, loving the art style. They really stuck to their words when they meant 16-bit gaming, looks like a mega drive game, wonderful!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow that screen really makes me hyped! :blink:
The sprite work reminds me of Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse for SNES.
Radical!!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i love it already i hope you can butt bounce and throw blocks and shit like in COI (SMS version)...i wonder what other Disney characters will pop up in it.
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could play Scrooge...and stamp on enemies with his cane?
make a ducktales 3 noa disney!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love it already i hope you can butt bounce and throw blocks and shit like in COI (SMS version)...i wonder what other Disney characters will pop up in it.
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could play Scrooge...and stamp on enemies with his cane?
make a ducktales 3 noa disney!

We would need Capcom for that, and Keiji Inafune isn't working at Capcom anymore.
Nah pretty sure Disney owns the Duck Tales name, besides Capcom can't do it justice anyway. Get a good dev on it and it'll be golden, look at Donkey Kong Country Returns, better than anything Rare has done in the last two generations.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah pretty sure Disney owns the Duck Tales name, besides Capcom can't do it justice anyway. Get a good dev on it and it'll be golden, look at Donkey Kong Country Returns, better than anything Rare has done in the last two generations.
Yeah, getting another developer would be nice like what they did with inti creates for MM9 and 10.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Warren Spector has made his love for Disney's history pretty clear; this sounds like it fits the bill. Here's hoping it all comes together.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Warren Spector has made his love for Disney's history pretty clear; this sounds like it fits the bill. Here's hoping it all comes together.
Never read his comics though, the Duck Tales one he did was awful.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never read his comics though, the Duck Tales one he did was awful.

Ouch. To be fair, that isn't too uncommon when an artist tries working in a different medium.

Was it at least an interesting failure, or just... bad?

D

Deleted_171835

There are a couple more images from the magazine.
http://imgur.com/a/7yMbj

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The April 2012 issue of Nintendo Power
Are you a subscriber? Because I am and haven't received Aprils issue yet.

I figured there was going to be some kind of new Mickey announcement in the new issue though. On the last page of every issue that give a teaser about the next one, and March's had some Mickey ears on the page. Was there any mention when the Wii version is due out?

Anyways, that 3DS version looks like it's going to be good. I'm pretty sure I haven't even heard of Castle Of Illusion so I'm going to download that immediately and give it a go.

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I have to be honest and say the world of gaming is sorrowfully lacking in good 2d platformers, there's just something about this article that reeks of wrong. To start (and I thought it immediately), it's the April issue - a HUGE number of magazines, and websites, and basically everything else, do April Fools' Day pranks. Secondly, the graphics look more than just lifted out of a 16-bit game, they look pasted together from several. I've got friends who work with sprites in different mediums, and this, frankly, just looks like a good sprite comic page.
Also consider one of the things they're touting as "great" the 3D effect from parallax scrolling, as if it's some major breakthrough.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but until April 2nd, I'm calling this one as a hoax.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those screens look amazing. I'm very curious how this will look in motion... I'm also very happy that they went with sprites and layered backgrounds instead of 2.5D!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
While I have to be honest and say the world of gaming is sorrowfully lacking in good 2d platformers, there's just something about this article that reeks of wrong. To start (and I thought it immediately), it's the April issue - a HUGE number of magazines, and websites, and basically everything else, do April Fools' Day pranks. Secondly, the graphics look more than just lifted out of a 16-bit game, they look pasted together from several. I've got friends who work with sprites in different mediums, and this, frankly, just looks like a good sprite comic page.
Also consider one of the things they're touting as "great" the 3D effect from parallax scrolling, as if it's some major breakthrough.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but until April 2nd, I'm calling this one as a hoax.
I'm not entirely sure, but this is Nintendo Power and I don't think they've done a hoax like this before.
And have you seen every screen or read all the information about the game yet?

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most magazines would say inside the issue somewhere that it would be a joke otherwise they'll piss a lot of people off.

Even if it was a joke...its a pretty shit one at that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro