Do you want more than 300 titles on WiiU and 3DS?

• Total voters

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was not even aware of this. I assume it does not affect Wii mode.
One could buy more than one Wii U, I guess. I have found a huge Wii U seller in China. Not sure if it is legit, need to look into it.
Having more than 1 console is a way round the limit. Unless Nintendo put a limit on Eshop purchase too (from a legal stand point).

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say this exact poll has been done before, just that the data already does exist, those links I pointed to are great places to start. Like I said we don't need a thread like this or any of those others to keep popping up every few months at this point to recognize, 'Oh a lot of people in the scene would like the limit removed, and oh a lot of people in the scene will criticize you for wanting that limit removed.' No poll numbers are needed for that truth to be evident, with the many many many threads we have addressing the issue of the 300 title limit.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm just saying, I'd rather never see another thread on the 300 title limit again, unless actual headway is being made to truly remove or bypass it.

Like at this point, threads like this should just be locked immediately for their redundancy.
So it frustrates you that this thread isn't about the title limit being smashed? That's my point also. I'm just interested in the stats.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
why would you want 300 titles in a console if you cant even finish every single one of them?>
Speak for yourself I've completed a lot more than 300 games. Since my first computer system the Commodore Vic 20 I've completed more than 100 games on every computer system and games console I've owned and still own (hence I am a collector). And I intend on completing more than another 300. Also some games are not played for completion but multiplayer challenges, death matches, speed runs, finding bugs and glitches and because sometimes people just like playing part of a game (particular missions, dungeons, mini games). Sometimes I would play Final Fantasy VIII just to play triple triad. Or Red Dead redemption just to do vigilante missions or Five Fingered Filet.

Reactions: ber71

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thread sounds like "do you want world peace, yes/no?". I don't think anyone will disagree, but I also don't think it will even touch the statu quo either.

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speak for yourself I've completed a lot more than 300 games. Since my first computer system the Commodore Vic 20 I've completed more than 100 games on every computer system and games console I've owned and still own (hence I am a collector). And I intend on completing more than another 300. Also some games are not played for completion but multiplayer challenges, death matches, speed runs, finding bugs and glitches and because sometimes people just like playing part of a game (particular missions, dungeons, mini games). Sometimes I would play Final Fantasy VIII just to play triple triad. Or Red Dead redemption just to do vigilante missions or Five Fingered Filet.
yeah. I'm not hermit like you. I can't even bare to play too much. it burnt me and i go outside everyday

Reactions: xoINARIox

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah. I'm not hermit like you. I can't even bare to play too much. it burnt me and i go outside everyday
Yeah and i have 3 jobs which allow me to work outside for 70 hours per week and I still find time for my wife and kids and rec and video games. Hermit.. that's a fing joke :>
Guess I'm just better at games than some. If I can play and juggle those things.

Reactions: saxoman1

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

Simply - No.

I do not support "Games Hamsters".
Back in my Days you could afford ONE game every few Months.

Just because everything seems to be "free" on the Internet doesn't mean it has to be supported / promoted...

Thank you and have a very,very,very nice Day.💖

Anomaladox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the "Meh." option? Honestly while that would be a cool feature to have I wouldn't have the time or patience to even install 20 titles let alone 300, it honestly shouldn't even be a priority because it is largely useless to (I imagine) a vast majority of Wii U users. There seems to be enough of you wanting to demand the feature, maybe you can all talk to each other and see if you can figure out a way to implement the feature you want so badly yourselves? It is like the "two heads are better than one" saying, no?

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good Morning.😊

Simply - No.

I do not support "Games Hamsters".
Back in my Days you could afford ONE game every few Months.

Just because everything seems to be "free" on the Internet doesn't mean it has to be supported / promoted...

Thank you and have a very,very,very nice Day.💖
What about people that have bought games on disc and don't want to damage the disc with touching it or putting it in and out of the system (pretty much everything damages optical media) so they rip their own legally purchased game to WUD, convert to WUP and install the game so no more damage to the optical disc. Game Hamsters (a good saying for hoarders and leaches but I am neither).

Back in my day also I would save up pocket money to go buy a game or music album. I still have every Album and every Game I ever bought (except the ones on optical media that died, even floppy discs and magnetic tape outlasted the optical discs).

Last edited by sion_zaphod,

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the "Meh." option? Honestly while that would be a cool feature to have I wouldn't have the time or patience to even install 20 titles let alone 300, it honestly shouldn't even be a priority because it is largely useless to (I imagine) a vast majority of Wii U users. There seems to be enough of you wanting to demand the feature, maybe you can all talk to each other and see if you can figure out a way to implement the feature you want so badly yourselves? It is like the "two heads are better than one" saying, no?
Seems the definition of a Poll is lost on some people "A survey of public opinion". Maybe it's something us Brits only get. Where was the demand? Please quote when exactly I demanded this feature be added! Check all of my other posts in this thread and others and quote back to me when I have demanded such a feature.

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread sounds like "do you want world peace, yes/no?". I don't think anyone will disagree, but I also don't think it will even touch the statu quo either.
While on this subject maybe I'll start a poll on world peace.. Something along the lines of "Do you want world peace?", "Do you think it is achievable?"
Apologies for the sarcasm.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
What about people that have bought games on disc and don't want to damage the disc with touching it or putting it in and out of the system (pretty much everything damages optical media) so they rip their own legally purchased game to WUD, convert to WUP and install the game so no more damage to the optical disc. Game Hamsters (a good saying for hoarders and leaches but I am neither).
If you show me the THREE (that one Crazy Guy who ownes all Game Collections does not count of course..) Wii U Users with over 300 Game Disc´s (Dowloads / eShop Games does not count because that can not be "damaged" and can re-downloaded to any time - I will change my Option to yes,of course.😉

Seriously....300 regular Wii U Game Disc Games installed on a HDD ?

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you show me the THREE (that one Crazy Guy who ownes all Game Collections does not count of course..) Wii U Users with over 300 Game Disc´s (Dowloads / eShop Games does not count because that can not be "damaged" and can re-downloaded to any time - I will change my Option to yes,of course.😉

Seriously....300 regular Wii U Game Disc Games installed on a HDD ?
I buy pre-owned games all the time. Now that I have the money to do it I collect something that I enjoy collecting (I have over 40 Games Consoles, hybrid systems included and over 20 Computer Systems (not counting PC's, Macs, Chromebooks). An every time I go to a charity shop or boot/garage sale and see games for those systems that I do not own I will buy them. And yes I play those games. Sometimes I buy games with damaged boxes and artwork so I try to fix this by creating my own cover art or restoring it (check the cover threads on gbatemp that I have contributed to).

So lets put someone in a box with a label just because they are not normal. Sarcasm again, apologies.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I buy pre-owned games all the time. Now that I have the money to do it I collect something that I enjoy collecting (I have over 40 Games Consoles, hybrid systems included and over 20 Computer Systems (not counting PC's, Macs, Chromebooks). An every time I go to a charity shop or boot/garage sale and see games for those systems that I do not own I will buy them. And yes I play those games. Sometimes I buy games with damaged boxes and artwork so I try to fix this by creating my own cover art or restoring it (check the cover threads on gbatemp that I have contributed to).

So lets put someone in a box with a label just because they are not normal. Sarcasm again, apologies.
That was was not intended,my Friend.:)

Everyone collects something.No matter what.

But as maybe Nintendo or Microsoft or whatever Company,a Console is "Up to date" when it was released and until few Years later.Updates comes...but maybe it is not really possible
to bypass some of the original "Restrictions" from the Console(s).maybe.
I think Piracy is a Main Topic for the Companies.So maybe the Restrictions are intendend...who knows...

If some Company had the Intention to not have a Game Limit on the intended "Memory",then nothing like that would be exist.Maybe it is because of "Programming" Restrictions....I do not know...

I am pretty sure,the Devs of the Wii U also thought
"Hmm..I am sure NO ONE will install 300 Games on the Wii U...".🤣

Sorry if you felt "attacked" - no,that was not my Intention.😉

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see myself ever using over 300 titles. But unlike the anti-piracy fart huffers, I wouldn't condemn anyone who developed that feature because I wouldn't use it.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That was was not intended,my Friend.:)

Everyone collects something.No matter what.

But as maybe Nintendo or Microsoft or whatever Company,a Console is "Up to date" when it was released and until few Years later.Updates comes...but maybe it is not really possible
to bypass some of the original "Restrictions" from the Console(s).maybe.
I think Piracy is a Main Topic for the Companies.So maybe the Restrictions are intendend...who knows...

If some Company had the Intention to not have a Game Limit on the intended "Memory",then nothing like that would be exist.Maybe it is because of "Programming" Restrictions....I do not know...

I am pretty sure,the Devs of the Wii U also thought
"Hmm..I am sure NO ONE will install 300 Games on the Wii U...".🤣

Sorry if you felt "attacked" - no,that was not my Intention.😉

In terms of why they put the restriction in first place, I have no idea (maybe memory restrictions/limitations, I read something about save files past the 300 limit could cause problems). Perhaps they were in a rush to ship the system by a certain date and botched the system menu. Either way it's something they should have corrected especially in this day and age where people collect such things. They could have been raking in the money more than they already are.

I didn't feel attacked, my defences were up anyway because I am completely aware of how obsessive my collecting is. And while I'm gone with it I know others think it's nuts.

My wife collects shoes and watches which I think is bonkers. But her and the kids think I'm the crazy one with my man cave full of books, comics and video games.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3DS is problematic when you look at just the number of virtual console titles (and the fact that badges count as titles), but WiiU is far less concerning - I think my WiiU external HD is only 256Gb and that's plenty for all the games I want to play and probably accounts for less than a quarter of the 300 limit.
Either way, it's not a problem on either system unless you're of the mindset of having EVERYTHING installed regardless of whether you'll ever play it or go the route of injections or forwarders because you're too lazy to just launch an emu/app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...