RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) When writing the ini, it drops the first character of NDS_PATH. Rather than "NDS_PATH = library/nds/test.nds", it will write "NDS_PATH = ibrary/nds/test.nds". After fixing this, TWLoader will boot the ini normally.
Hmm... I don't know why this happens. Adding a game works just fine for me.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v5.2.0

What's new?
  • French, Spanish, Chinese and Korean translations of the DS/DSi boot screen added.
    Chinese translation includes the iQue DS(i) logo.
  • Just like in the real DS/DSi boot screen, if a Slot-1 card is inserted, the Nintendo logo will be shown below the DS/DSi logo, but if no Slot-1 card is inserted, the logo will not be shown below the DS/DSi logo.
    Also, you can insert or remove the Slot-1 card on the boot screen to make the Nintendo logo appear or disappear.
  • Text is now shown during TWLoader startup.
  • DSi Menu: Text bubble will now say "Loading..." when switching pages, so it'll look less like the app's freezing.
  • If part 2 of TWLNAND side isn't installed, a message will appear, saying to install it.
Improvements
  • Positioning of the DSi boot screen logo is now correctly centered.
  • Spanish translation is improved. (by @umbjolt)
Bug fixes
  • TWLoader no longer crashes with an exception on startup.
  • In part 2 of TWLNAND side, the power button will now power off the system properly, instead of the game still running for 5 seconds with screens powered off.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
@Robz8 this fix the fail on r4i for "press start" on debug mode?

greetings

EDIT:now works worse than before...now when i press start , the game dont start....it stuck on this screen

greetings

Last edited by hellionz,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Robz8 this fix the fail on r4i for "press start" on debug mode?

greetings

EDIT:now works worse than before...now when i press start , the game dont start....it stuck on this screen

greetings

Please verify that you have the good TWLoader flashcard pack for your flashcard (probably here r4i-sdhc non v1.4.x)

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I have the 4.5 one, so before the RTS was made, and i don't have your "press start" thing. Where is that option located ?

Last edited by sp3off, , Reason: Methinks I've butchered English a bit...

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have the 4.5 one, so before the RTS was made, and i don't have your "press start" thing. Where is that option located ?

when you activate the debug mode, on lower screen have a message and in the final of this message says "press start to continue"

If you dont activate debug mode....white screen, in games that worked flawlesly before

Is not a flashcard problem because it works ok with the native kernel, but i like graphic style of this app

greetings

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you activate the debug mode, on lower screen have a message and in the final of this message says "press start to continue"

If you dont activate debug mode....white screen, in games that worked flawlesly before

Is not a flashcard problem because it works ok with the native kernel, but i like graphic style of this app

greetings
Ohhh, so it's a TWLoader fonctionnality... Well, i guess you will need to not use the debug mode until it's fixed, sorry.

Josw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I get a white screen when twloader tries to load pokemon mistery dungeon explorers of the sky but is marked has compatible on the list. Any idea?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TWLoader v5.2.0

What's new?
  • French, Spanish, Chinese and Korean translations of the DS/DSi boot screen added.
    Chinese translation includes the iQue DS(i) logo.
  • Just like in the real DS/DSi boot screen, if a Slot-1 card is inserted, the Nintendo logo will be shown below the DS/DSi logo, but if no Slot-1 card is inserted, the logo will not be shown below the DS/DSi logo.
    Also, you can insert or remove the Slot-1 card on the boot screen to make the Nintendo logo appear or disappear.
  • Text is now shown during TWLoader startup.
  • DSi Menu: Text bubble will now say "Loading..." when switching pages, so it'll look less like the app's freezing.
  • If part 2 of TWLNAND side isn't installed, a message will appear, saying to install it.
Improvements
  • Positioning of the DSi boot screen logo is now correctly centered.
  • Spanish translation is improved. (by @umbjolt)
Bug fixes
  • TWLoader no longer crashes with an exception on startup.
  • In part 2 of TWLNAND side, the power button will now power off the system properly, instead of the game still running for 5 seconds with screens powered off.
TWLoader hangs while trying to update from 5.1.0

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled from scratch and it does work now on AK2i, thanks... but not without a caveat. Add Games isn't working quite right.

1) It looks at the 3DS SD card rather than the flashcard SD card. I had to create a copy of the flashcard library at the same relative place on the 3DS SD to test.
2) When writing the ini, it drops the first character of NDS_PATH. Rather than "NDS_PATH = library/nds/test.nds", it will write "NDS_PATH = ibrary/nds/test.nds". After fixing this, TWLoader will boot the ini normally.
3) Probably because of either or both of these problems, after writing the ini it crashes with:
Code:
Running fat:/_nds/twloader.nds with 1 parameters
Start failed. Error 1
Press start...
Putting _nds/twloader.nds on the 3DS SD didn't fix this, though.

1) Didn't know that.
2) I'll look into it.

While I didn't get to check the INI issue - I did experience the 1st one (SD Card being read instead of Flash) - I didn't see anything mentioned in the latest 5.2 change log about it, and haven't tried the new update yet (lack of time), but would that have possibly been addressed with it? Or should I hold off a bit more

jimbo32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone still having the ARM11 crash after updating to the newest version (5.2.0) of TWLoader, I recommend you make sure that you have dumped the DSP. Either by using the DSPDump.3dsx in the HB Menu or by installing and running the CIA version of DSPDump.
I had the same problem until I dumped my DSP and now I don't get the ARM11 Crash anymore. (O3DS, B9S 1.2, on 11.4-U)

Reactions: SementeDeCacau

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
5.1.0 and 5.2.0 on Luma 8.0 Crash every time straight after the DSi Health and Safety screen (stack dump). Clean installs (deleted and removed existing TWLoader and NAND side with FBI and deleted the original files from sd card before copying the new files over and installing all 3 cia's). Tried running with wifi on and off and exactly the same result. Ive tried this on 3 consoles (my O3DS, my daughters O3DS, and my 2DS) with exactly the same crash at exactly the same point. The most up to date version I can run is 5.0.1. I'd like to see actual proof that anyone has the newest rev running without mods unbeknownst to anyone else. If I move back to 5.0.1 guess what; everything works again. Can somebody upload a video of it running with the version number shown in settings?

Update: got it working with DSP Dump. Perhaps including that information on the github page would be a good idea.

Last edited by sion_zaphod,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?