Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I meant the others too. Though it doesnt fail that hard compared to Digimon 2 & 3. 4 was actually fun when played with 1-3 others. The one on DS is too easy once you get the strong digimons and the game doesnt have anything unique. The farm or whatever it is is kinda lackluster. If you want to train your digimon you dont drop it there and the gain the digimon gets from it isnt even worth mentioning.

Dont take it wrong though. Im not saying all the digimon games was a failure... IT was a FAILURE however compared to the first. I just dont get why the hell they dropped the unique aspect of the digimon world game and just made it into a wannabe final fantasy game.

Reactions: 2 people

rjfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I meant the others too. Though it doesnt fail that hard compared to Digimon 2 & 3. 4 was actually fun when played with 1-3 others. The one on DS is too easy once you get the strong digimons and the game doesnt have anything unique. The farm or whatever it is is kinda lackluster. If you want to train your digimon you dont drop it there and the gain the digimon gets from it isnt even worth mentioning. Dont take it wrong though. Im not saying all the digimon games was a failure... IT was a FAILURE however compared to the first. I just dont get why the hell they dropped the unique aspect of the digimon world game and just made it into a wannabe final fantasy game.

Yeah, they failed to make a good rpg, if they'd just continued to improve on digimon 1 they'd have a solid series by now, the raising digimon with lifespan is what made the game unique, since the game would never be too easy, as you had to constantly train your digimon or get pwned by the end game bosses, and before guides it wasn't possible to do those only 1 digimon runs since the recruitment requeriments weren't that clear, thus the game never got too easy by "grinding" like the others do.

also, broken sprites?

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the others too. Though it doesnt fail that hard compared to Digimon 2 & 3. 4 was actually fun when played with 1-3 others. The one on DS is too easy once you get the strong digimons and the game doesnt have anything unique. The farm or whatever it is is kinda lackluster. If you want to train your digimon you dont drop it there and the gain the digimon gets from it isnt even worth mentioning.

Dont take it wrong though. Im not saying all the digimon games was a failure... IT was a FAILURE however compared to the first. I just dont get why the hell they dropped the unique aspect of the digimon world game and just made it into a wannabe final fantasy game.

Idk personally I like the ds games better than any of the Ps1 or Ps2 games. It got the best reviews out of every digimon game too so I really don't think it's a failure. Just because it's not how the first game is doesn't neccesarily make it bad. The main purpose of the training is to gain exp in certain types so that your digimon can reach special evolutions. I know what you mean about the farms being a bit lackluster but in World 1, all you really do is hit six diffrent training spots and watch them do the same thing over and over. I know a lot of people here disagree with me but I've just never seen DW1 as that great of a game.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
One last thing before i hit bed. Anyone that wants to get a quick peek on the game without knowing a shit on what to do. There is a menu patched game lying around the net. Not linking but with the help of google your journey will be quite short.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Idk personally I like the ds games better than any of the Ps1 or Ps2 games. It got the best reviews out of every digimon game too so I really don't think it's a failure. Just because it's not how the first game is doesn't neccesarily make it bad. The main purpose of the training is to gain exp in certain types so that your digimon can reach special evolutions. I know what you mean about the farms being a bit lackluster but in World 1, all you really do is hit six diffrent training spots and watch them do the same thing over and over. I know a lot of people here disagree with me but I've just never seen DW1 as that great of a game.
For me it looks like you enjoy the typical turn based game. The thing that made people like Digimon 1 is not becasue of the turn based game style it added after digimon world 1. But the unique part of actually raising your own digimon. Heck they could throw away the stupid turnbased shit they have been keeping for a good and i mean really good while now. Digimon world 1 stood above everything else because it actually had a feature that was quite unique than any others. Seriously you dont dare to say the battle on the DS was any good becasue it wasnt. Its either you hit more than your opponent with ur strongest skill and kill them doing the same shit over and over. The combat is simply you nuking them in a turn and then goes of doing the same on the next one. The battle system shows you no challenge at all other than the boss being able to hit harder than you can handle. I even enjoyed creating the ultimate team more than finishing the damn game. Yes. Doing fusion was way more fun than the whole plot and battle itself. Not to mention digimon world 1 was unique in the fact that you dont keep 1 digimon all the time. They die. You regret. You try again. And then succed giving more satisfication. You sir have to yet truly enjoy the game that the Digimon world 1 has to offer. In case your wondering the only thing that kept me for finishing digimon world 2 instance was the very fact it was dungeon crawler. The god damn evolving system is annoying. And the battle is DAMN SLOW. Digimon world 3 felt like all the other RPGs hitting the store like a typhoon and the only thing that made me grind the hell out of their level was to see what they digivolved too. Digimon world 4 was a ok attempt. It was what i found the most successfull attempt at trying something else. But really.... Which digimon holds a dagger poking at another digimon anyways? And the gameplay sucked becasue the only thing that you required to know was to hit, run hit run hit run to complete the game. The multiplayer was the only enjoyable experience.

Now thats my ending of wall-o-text and im hitting bed.

Reactions: 2 people

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it looks like you enjoy the typical turn based game. The thing that made people like Digimon 1 is not becasue of the turn based game style it added after digimon world 1. But the unique part of actually raising your own digimon. Heck they could throw away the stupid turnbased shit they have been keeping for a good and i mean really good while now. Digimon world 1 stood above everything else because it actually had a feature that was quite unique than any others. Seriously you dont dare to say the battle on the DS was any good becasue it wasnt. Its either you hit more than your opponent with ur strongest skill and kill them doing the same shit over and over. The combat is simply you nuking them in a turn and then goes of doing the same on the next one. The battle system shows you no challenge at all other than the boss being able to hit harder than you can handle. I even enjoyed creating the ultimate team more than finishing the damn game. Yes. Doing fusion was way more fun than the whole plot and battle itself. Not to mention digimon world 1 was unique in the fact that you dont keep 1 digimon all the time. They die. You regret. You try again. And then succed giving more satisfication. You sir have to yet truly enjoy the game that the Digimon world 1 has to offer. In case your wondering the only thing that kept me for finishing digimon world 2 instance was the very fact it was dungeon crawler. The god damn evolving system is annoying. And the battle is DAMN SLOW. Digimon world 3 felt like all the other RPGs hitting the store like a typhoon and the only thing that made me grind the hell out of their level was to see what they digivolved too. Digimon world 4 was a ok attempt. It was what i found the most successfull attempt at trying something else. But really.... Which digimon holds a dagger poking at another digimon anyways? And the gameplay sucked becasue the only thing that you required to know was to hit, run hit run hit run to complete the game. The multiplayer was the only enjoyable experience.

Now thats my ending of wall-o-text and im hitting bed.
I'm actually not a big fan of turn based but my problem with Digimon World 1's Battle System is that you don't do anything. You just tell them to fight and stand there, every now and then giving them an item or making them use a finisher. The only reason it's really hard is because the AI of your partner isn't too great. I trained my Gabumon hard before doing anything beyond that first Agumon battle. He had close to 3000 HP and yet he still got killed by a Kunemon with 900 HP. While I'll agree that training your digimon anyway you want is pretty cool, I like having a certain degree of control in my battles so maybe that's it.

I'm playing Digimon World 2 on my Psp now and while it is a little repetitive it's actually not......horrible. Digimon World 3 was fun when I was a kid but I haven't given it a try lately so I can't really say anything about it. I played Digimon World 4 too and I'm not a fan so I definitley agree with you when it comes to that. Without the weapons and with more of a selection of Digimon it could've been better. You're starting to make me consider giving DW1 another try though.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Digimon World 1 (PS1) and Digimon World Championship (DS) were the best

To cover every question pointed towards me:

1) I was only talking about the PlayStation 1 games

2) I personally view it as a remake, but isn't the same exact game so to speak. More or less, this is a 3-D rendered version with fixes to problems/bugs in the original. It isn't a remake. Edits the stupidity...... :ninja: Still a great game either way.

3) I personally didn't enjoy DW 2 for the PS1, but I understand how others might.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also forgot World: Data Squad was another World good that wasn't very game either. Nevertheless though, I still love Digimon even if some of the games are really bad compared to the others.
The DS games are really good though.

rjfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm actually not a big fan of turn based but my problem with Digimon World 1's Battle System is that you don't do anything. You just tell them to fight and stand there, every now and then giving them an item or making them use a finisher. The only reason it's really hard is because the AI of your partner isn't too great. I trained my Gabumon hard before doing anything beyond that first Agumon battle. He had close to 3000 HP and yet he still got killed by a Kunemon with 900 HP. While I'll agree that training your digimon anyway you want is pretty cool, I like having a certain degree of control in my battles so maybe that's it.

I'm playing Digimon World 2 on my Psp now and while it is a little repetitive it's actually not......horrible. Digimon World 3 was fun when I was a kid but I haven't given it a try lately so I can't really say anything about it. I played Digimon World 4 too and I'm not a fan so I definitley agree with you when it comes to that. Without the weapons and with more of a selection of Digimon it could've been better. You're starting to make me consider giving DW1 another try though.

Wow, just wow, 3000 hp losing to 900 hp? sorry, you're doing something wrong bro. Did you train the other stats at all? did you know training brains unlocks more commands so you can influence the battle more? U unlock commands like Attack, moderate, distance, defend, and eventually you can directly tell your digimon which attack you want him to use lolz.

Digimon World 3 is one of my favorite Digimon games. It's also the most annoying game next to World 4.

what do you mean annoying?

AnthonyRuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Personnaly this is the order i choose from best Digimon game to Least coolest digimon game.

1)Digimon World 1
2)Digimon World 3
3)Digimon Data Squad
4)Digimon World 2
and last.......Digimon World 4

Reactions: 1 person

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
World 3 in a nutshell:
>"Okay! I made it to the sewers and now a cutscene"
>"Looks like I gotta walk back to Asuka City! Seems fair I guess..."
*Run, surf, run, surf, fight, run, fight, run....*
>"Okay I beat the boss here now I gotta-DAMN IT! GO BACK TO THE SEWERS, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!?"
>Okay, I'm here...wait what!? I gotta go to the Mirage Tower..."

AnthonyRuiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
World 3 in a nutshell:
>"Okay I beat the boss here now I gotta-DAMN IT! GO BACK TO THE SEWERS, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP!?"
Yeah that wuz fun as hell since ima RPG Guy

Nightmare_SE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
World 3 in a nutshell:
The sad thing is I put in over 500 hours in my last playthrough... I swear DMW3 had possibly one of the worst random battle settings ever... why WHY couldn't they have an item for no random battles... or TELEPORTING, I still loved DMW3, but you summed it up pretty good.

Personnaly this is the order i choose from best Digimon game to Least coolest digimon game.

1)Digimon World 1
2)Digimon World 3
3)Digimon World 2
and last.......Digimon World 4
u thought 2 was better than 4? Odd.
DMW2 was better than 4, by a long shot. Digimon World 4 was atrocious, it made Digimon World 2 look like Chrono Trigger.

HUNTERCAT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
World 3 in a nutshell:

LOL. That kind of thing kind of annoy me. Going back and forth, up and down. It's pretty tiring.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
World 3 in a nutshell:
I started to play this one again, hope as soon I finished this translations is done
if not I will be playing the DW2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: