Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,591,195
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just excited you guys are doing this.

Been on a Digimon binge lately, and am loving Re:Digitize. Also playing World DS and love the grind!

Are you guys going to put the Original names, or dub names? I see a vote about that, and it seems the dub is winning.

Some of the pictures I saw in the spoiler tag show the original, though. Will there be a choice? (I love the original names :3)

Can't wait! Do your best, guys!
Names and proper localization is something that's taken a back seat until more translating is done, I will go into proper detail about names and stuff later when its more relevant, but that's my actual role within the team besides talking to you lovely people.

shadowpikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Names and proper localization is something that's taken a back seat until more translating is done, I will go into proper detail about names and stuff later when its more relevant, but that's my actual role within the team besides talking to you lovely people.
Wow, not just translating it, you are all localizing it aswell.

You guys go above and beyond.

Good work.

Reactions: Black-Ice

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been discussions in the past about what constitutes localization, and whether the dub names should be used (something I'm against).

Ragin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for you guys. You took all those nice screenshots that are actually exceedingly helpful while messing around in the game. Would you be willing to take some screenshots of the equipment stats? I'd extract them and just translate that little bit myself but, I was only ever given a tool that worked on digimon xros wars.

I've been playing with the limited japanese I do know and want to replay the game when you guys finally have all the story done and I can understand what's going on. Until than it'd just be cool to beable to know things like status effects and the % increases on gear. Some is self explanatory like evasion but others are not so simple to figure out.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question for you guys. You took all those nice screenshots that are actually exceedingly helpful while messing around in the game. Would you be willing to take some screenshots of the equipment stats? I'd extract them and just translate that little bit myself but, I was only ever given a tool that worked on digimon xros wars.

I've been playing with the limited japanese I do know and want to replay the game when you guys finally have all the story done and I can understand what's going on. Until than it'd just be cool to beable to know things like status effects and the % increases on gear. Some is self explanatory like evasion but others are not so simple to figure out.
i'll forward your request to the people, brb

Ragin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you black. You been doing a good job. Been following this since before you made this gbatemp page. I tried to my best ability to translate xros wars. I reinserted some ghetto english and actually got some of it working. Like the quest board and such. But the moves appeared invisible with english characters in the battles. That killed it for me. It's exciting you guys have managed to do so well. I actually studied japanese since than. Still only know simple words and phrases tho.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thank you black. You been doing a good job. Been following this since before you made this gbatemp page. I tried to my best ability to translate xros wars. I reinserted some ghetto english and actually got some of it working. Like the quest board and such. But the moves appeared invisible with english characters in the battles. That killed it for me. It's exciting you guys have managed to do so well. I actually studied japanese since than. Still only know simple words and phrases tho.
I think that your issue is with the font. I got the same issue before. I can help you if you send me the font you are using.

Ragin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that your issue is with the font. I got the same issue before. I can help you if you send me the font you are using.

Theres no need for that yugix. That was years ago. And I'm no translator. I mostly used context clues to piece together a basic outline of the quest board. And used my knowledge of the show and other games to make the move lists and descriptions. It was really rough.

I'd be much more interested in what I asked black. Thank you for the offer tho.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys kept this since the start.

Wouldn't it suck to forget something or find an oversight a day after releasing it.

Be wary.
We'll conduct proper testing when we're ready to, by people we choose.

Don't confuse testing concern with simply wanting to play the game as soon as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-