Hacking Devolution - Public Release

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
..if only the .DVV files could be stored on the internal memory of the wii..
Yeah I was disappointed that I couldn't just keep .dvv files on sd (devo checks sd if the games are on sd but usb if the game is loaded off usb).
if the games are tied to the Wii, it shouldnt matter if the .iso is on sd or USB, only that devo finds the .dvv file related to the Wii used. I don't wanna touch the Wii nand if I can help it, so this would be preferred by me. (maybe devo can only read from sd or usb but not both and that's why this is the way it is).

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we can suggestion this where the .DVV is not so picky. I reformatted my HDD and copied and pasted the exact files and had to verify. It's not that big of a deal for what you are going to get in later releases but it's just rather annoying.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I have encountered 2 games which seem to need verification every time, true crime streets of LA and 007 everything or nothing, super mario sunshine verified 2 times before it was no longer needed. Any idea what's wrong?

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure how to generate logs for Devolution but Alien Hominid freezes about 30-60 seconds after it boots up. Happens in menus, gameplay, etc.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm about to invest some money in PSO I&II Plus, and wanted to confirm if the game works with Devo? I've been dying to play the game for several years now, I have a 1:1 copy but no disc to verify with, and I want to get down online.

Basically should I get PSO I&II Plus or just get the regular PSO I&II? I would prefer plus since it has the extra quests and items which were online only and I don't know if the servers allow for the DLC or if it's even available.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I'm about to invest some money in PSO I&II Plus, and wanted to confirm if the game works with Devo? I've been dying to play the game for several years now, I have a 1:1 copy but no disc to verify with, and I want to get down online.

Basically should I get PSO I&II Plus or just get the regular PSO I&II? I would prefer plus since it has the extra quests and items which were online only and I don't know if the servers allow for the DLC or if it's even available.
I can't confirm that PSO I&II Plus works, but I can confirm that PSO I&II does. I use devo to play the game online frequently. I've had the game since the early GameCube days but wasn't able to connect to the servers until devolution came around.

I can't imagine the Plus version not working though. If you're really concerned then you should try for the regular one since the Plus version only adds a few of the online only quests offline. These quests can be completed online in the regular version.

Whichever, be sure to follow these instructions:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/page-62#post-4352842

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't imagine the Plus version not working though. If you're really concerned then you should try for the regular one since the Plus version only adds a few of the online only quests offline. These quests can be completed online in the regular version.

Whichever, be sure to follow these instructions:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-public-release.330554/page-62#post-4352842
Your link answered my question in the first sentence. Indeed the modem emu only works for PSO I&II not the plus version. Thank you very much, I'm off to purchase myself some PSO :yaywii:

Skeeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I was disappointed that I couldn't just keep .dvv files on sd
I'm glad it's on the HDD. I don't know what was wrong when I asked here, but since it's saved on the HDD, where also the game lies, I can swap the HDD and need not change the SD too just because the correct .dvv is on another SD.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad it's on the HDD. I don't know what was wrong when I asked here, but since it's saved on the HDD, where also the game lies, I can swap the HDD and need not change the SD too just because the correct .dvv is on another SD.
I don't ever change SD so the .dvv files are always there (my apps are on sd), devo doesn't look there if loading off HDD. I needed to create a duplicate apps/devo folder and verify off both sd and USB, I thought that was the only shit thing.

ccanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj,

Thank you for your work on this project, and I support your AP means, except for one wrinkle... My sister had all my GC games, and stored them in a binder. Not a single one of them is undamaged. Because of this I can't do a cleanrip as the games fail mid way.

Other than re purchasing all the games or using a different loader, is there some way to use a damaged original disk with an iso obtained from somewhere else?

Thanks

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tueidj,

Thank you for your work on this project, and I support your AP means, except for one wrinkle... My sister had all my GC games, and stored them in a binder. Not a single one of them is undamaged. Because of this I can't do a cleanrip as the games fail mid way.

Other than re purchasing all the games or using a different loader, is there some way to use a damaged original disk with an iso obtained from somewhere else?

Thanks
Yea,h, if you can get the 1:1 iso some other way, you only need the game verification...and that still works with most damaged discs..

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj,

Thanks
It all the depends how badly damaged they are. I had this one Spongebob game that kept erroring up while ripping, so I decided to get a .ISO of it somewhere else ( I MEAN WHAT NOW? :O) and verified it with my disc and it worked. It's a hit and miss.

Godnnelg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking of possibly getting Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube and I see there's also a Plus version..
The plus version of course being way more expensive and also having bonus content..
Is there a way to get that bonus content on the regular version? I see that it is doable by going online but it's only playable online? ... There's no way to play West, East Tower and Heart offline with the regular version?

I have a feeling that the answer is no due to Devolution not supporting cheats or AR codes but thought it worth asking anyway..

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
So I was thinking of possibly getting Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube and I see there's also a Plus version..
The plus version of course being way more expensive and also having bonus content..
Is there a way to get that bonus content on the regular version? I see that it is doable by going online but it's only playable online? ... There's no way to play West, East Tower and Heart offline with the regular version?

I have a feeling that the answer is no due to Devolution not supporting cheats or AR codes but thought it worth asking anyway..
There is no way to access additional content from Plus in the regular version w/o going online. Fret not though for as long as u have an Internet connection there are servers up and running where u can play the regular Episode I & II and get the bonus content from the plus version. Refer to the link in this post for more info.

Reactions: kp_centi

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
so since they now found F-Zero AX in retail copies of GX i figured action replay would be a nice thing. any chance we get that on devo? here is the code for action replay PAL to access F-Zero AX (Arcade Game) on any retail F-Zero GX Pal game. the NTSC Code is also out there:
Code to access AX [PAL]
Z60V-MZG0-VRAQ2
3DFJ-55T9-J5J7P
NBCW-U1NV-0JDJG
HK7K-0RFW-FNQ8Y
PF4U-P5D0-862X1
9D4X-PVXV-R3FNV
Q7PM-1678-XE7FW
UAB4-HZ2F-AW6X5
T6UV-03PE-1H26C
BN71-WCD5-DYDNW
FHW5-F3D3-B2UZ5
NJR5-FE19-GQ851
5FRQ-P6M4-096F3
85KV-QPJD-4U999
VXM8-U9Y8-URZPR
VZFH-H43M-5N6E3
G71V-JPGY-BPDDZ
GUZD-V5KT-UBKA8

edit: burned my hand. typing is a biatch...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I haven't really felt hungry all day could be these fiber pills